Whats on your workbench???

Britains TW10 conversion, swapped the bonnet onto a TW20 chassis so it's a 4wd, driver added and the wrong gear stick removed and wheel track altered so it's narrower than the standard model. The track width has been narrowed by 1cm.

attachicon.giftw 008.JPGattachicon.giftw 009.JPGattachicon.giftw 002.JPG

looks better mark with the track width narrowed :)  is it easy to swap bonnets because i thought about doing that but didnt want to break anything :-

Thanks John, it's easy, all you need is a philips screw driver and undo the screw that holds the weights together then take them apart and the bonnet lifts straight off, the hardest part is getting the weights to come apart. 1 note be careful as the front lights will fall out as well.

thanks mark i will give it a go sometime :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Paul and mark. The cab is from Brian Norman and I'm building the mudguards from plastic card. the floorpan is from a marge via henry selten and the dash panel that isn't fitted yet is from a 66/7600 from dave twose off eBay.

I have the bits for a 2wd AP as well but that is a marge chassis. I might make a new cab roof for that and do a 5610 LP or a 4610.

I'm not keen on the bulky rear hitch on the UH but I'll put up with it for this one and I need to find a match for the blue they use. It looks the same as the new britains TW 10 20 and 30. Does anyone know if there is a match?

• Like 1

I don't have a uh 5000 to look at mark. Do you think they would be a better starting point than the marge chassis would as I all ready have a spare one of those?

Done a bit to the tw, painted grille, hubs, number plate lamps and air pre cleaner, mooved headlamps, narrowed rear track in a bit, swapped exhaust for a straight pipe which is yet to paint, raised the bonnet a fraction and added front links and mudguards.

post-4142-0-96289100-1420549254_thumb.jp

Does the Britains TW cab come off with mudguards, seat ,steering column etc??

The cab and mudguards come off as one part but the floor pan, seat and steering column are glued to the top of the gearbox but came off with gentle persuasion.

• Like 1