New To The Forum ? - Why Not Start An Introduction Topic

Lord Ferguson

As the title says really... if you are new to the forum... why not make your first post and introduction to us all... we are a friendly bunch of lads and lasses... I bet you get lots of replys... not to mention a warm welcome...

We are a nosey bunch on here too.... so please make sure you tell us what country and area you are from... your interests.... what (if anything) you currently collect (I know I am pushing my luck a bit - but pics would be great as well)... and... out of interest... how you found this wonderful place too !

If you are not sure how to post a pic... or even make a new topic... take a look in here http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?board=140.0 for some handy hints and tips...

We look forward to hearing from you  ;)

• 2 years later...

HI tractorboy calling to say hello for the 1st time  . im at Goole, East Yorkshire in the Uk  , i m an ex tractordrive  of MF ,JD & Case/ DavidBrown tractors  &  implants  on local farms  to me ,  its 20 years since i work there  but it a love of tractors & all things farming that never leaves us , my dad some 30 years ago got me my 1st models a britains Mf 595 & a Fiat  with a bamfords  yellow drag  ,  For the 1st time i was a seller at the  spring 2010 Spalding sale this past Sunday  as i ev having to cut down a little  :of , this is where i met 2 lads telling me about the joys of this site  ;) , so here i am  , i take my site name tractorboy  as this is a nick name from the good old s  days that have past i move from the real thing to the models  :)

HI tractorboy calling to say hello for the 1st time  . im at Goole, East Yorkshire in the Uk  , i m an ex tractordrive  of MF ,JD & Case/ DavidBrown tractors  &  implants  on local farms  to me ,  its 20 years since i work there  but it a love of tractors & all things farming that never leaves us , my dad some 30 years ago got me my 1st models a britains Mf 595 & a Fiat  with a bamfords  yellow drag  ,  For the 1st time i was a seller at the  spring 2010 Spalding sale this past Sunday  as i ev having to cut down a little  :of , this is where i met 2 lads telling me about the joys of this site  ;) , so here i am  , i take my site name tractorboy  as this is a nick name from the good old s  days that have past i move from the real thing to the models  :)

that'd be me and nick henton i beleive, if you sell white racing pigeons aswell?!

glad you've made it over here! welcome to the mad house enjoy your stay!

alex

PS marky i believe thats  1-0 to goon as far as the recruitment drive goes! how about one of those fancy stickers with my name on next year?!

that'd be me and nick henton i beleive, if you sell white racing pigeons aswell?!

glad you've made it over here! welcome to the mad house enjoy your stay!

alex

PS marky i believe thats  1-0 to goon as far as the recruitment drive goes! how about one of those fancy stickers with my name on next year?!

Welcome to the forum Jon.  You can see that the lads are all a bit crazy.  (OK, OK - the lasses are a little mad too!)

hi lad s  yes thats me    ;D white racing pigeons is my other love  along with the mrs tractor  but shes not in to tractors or pigeons  which is fine by me  thanks for the warm welcome  always been a little Mad my self so well fit in fine  im a MF fan too  so don t call the  :police:

Welcome on board mate hope you enjoy it on here it is a mad house :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nick

P.S

I agree with alex all members coming to spalding should have one of those stickers more the merrier on here  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nick

Andy had plenty of them just needing the name inserted.  He put names on all those he knew were attending.  You should have gone to the FTF stand and asked him!

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone my name is mark gilliland i live just outside a small town in northern ireland called banbridge i have been a keen collecter of britains,siku and uh 1:32 farm models from i was a we lad and thats a long time ago ha ha!.

Last year i started a farm diarama in my attic and must say it has been great craic all being well i'll get a few photos up once i find my way around the forum.Over the past number of years i've worked along with Britains and helped introduced ideas for new models sutch as the Kane trailers,the round feeder for cattle ,the silage fork along with the jcb 416 the land roller which will be introduced in the springtime and the nc tanker range which is to be introduced around May.

Will have to dash now but look forward to taking part on this forum .

Cheers Mark.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, timchadwick12 said:

Hello Everyone!

I am Tim Chadwick from California. I have 2 kids, a daughter of 7 years old and a son of 5 years old.

Welcome to the forum look forward to reading you posts on farm models and maybe the odd bit on real farm machinery that you may use  

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello everyone, I thought I would introduce my self properly so am not just that guy that just lingers in the background and comments/post pics every so often like I have done for the past few years! 

My name is Ben, from West Yorkshire, I work on the family farm (arable, beef and dairy) 

being addicted to collecting models since I was a kid, had a couple years out from collecting whilst I went to do the 2000 mile harvest in the states.

Model wise I focus on ford fendt and Deere tractors and implement wise anything that takes my eye.

going to start a layout soon (when I eventually get round to it!) so please keep a eye out 

Edited by Agcofarmer
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Nice one Ben. Not often we have an introduction from a member that has 333 posts to his name.:P love to see some pics of your farm and animals if you get time. 

Here you go Chris, some of what I get up too in real life farming, With a model one for good measure and the beginnings of a small pedigree limousin herd 

IMG_4512.JPG

IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_5012.JPG

IMG_4216.JPG

IMG_4842.JPG

IMG_4956.JPG

• Like 4

Very nice Ben,looks like you have some decent dirt.  Nice kit aswell, looks well looked after. Limousines look very nice, as you know, just don't turn your back on them!!!. We have about 50 in our 370 head suckler herd, and they are mental, so unpredictable. We mainly have saler's ( or salairs) as some spell it, and Sussex.  We have 14 stock bulls which are saler's/ Charolais, Simmental.  With followers and fatteners we are at about 975 head at the moment.