New To The Forum ? - Why Not Start An Introduction Topic

Lord Ferguson

• 4 years later...

Buongiorno a tutti i membri ed ai moderatori di questo bellissimo Forum.

Sono un collezionista Italiano di Padova (near Venice) appassionato di modelli obsoleti prodotti dagli anni '50 agli anni '80 (con qualche piccola eccezione più recente).

Non ho una scala preferita, i miei modelli spaziano dall' 1:43 all' 1:16.

Tutto è cominciato quasi 30 anni fa grazie a un modello Britains che avevo comprato nel lontano 1969 e che conservo tutt'ora nella sua scatola originale assieme a 2/3 implements ed i catalogo di allora. Non so perchè è nata questa passione, non ho mai vissuto in campagna, non conosco i veri trattori ma mi hanno sempre affascinato il lavoro che fanno, tutti quegli attrezzi che possono agganciare ed anche tutto il mondo che li circonda fatto di animali, personaggi e fattorie.

• Like 3

just translating in,English :)
Hello to all the members and moderators of this beautiful Forum.
 I am an Italian collector from Padua (near Venice) passionate about obsolete models produced from the 50s to the 80s (with a few more recent exceptions). I don't have a favorite scale, my models range from 1:43 to 1:16. It all started almost 30 years ago thanks to a Britains model that I bought back in 1969 and which I still keep in its original box together with 2/3 implements and the catalog from that time.I do not know why this passion was born, I have never lived in the countryside, I do not know the real tractors but they have always fascinated me the work they do, all those tools that can be hooked and also the whole world around them made of animals, characters and farms.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Francesco Fornelli said:

Sono un collezionista Italiano di Padova (near Venice) appassionato di modelli obsoleti prodotti dagli anni '50 agli anni '80 (con qualche piccola eccezione più recente).

Tutto è cominciato quasi 30 anni fa grazie a un modello Britains che avevo comprato nel lontano 1969 e che conservo tutt'ora nella sua scatola originale assieme a 2/3 implements ed i catalogo di allora. Non so perchè è nata questa passione, non ho mai vissuto in campagna, non conosco i veri trattori ma mi hanno sempre affascinato il lavoro che fanno, tutti quegli attrezzi che possono agganciare ed anche tutto il mondo che li circonda fatto di animali, personaggi e fattorie.

welcome along to the forum 

2 hours ago, Francesco Fornelli said:

Welcome on FTF Francesco, unfortunately apart from Daniele there are very few on here fluent in Italian.

Took me the best part of 60 seconds tp copy and paste that into Google translate,

Hello to all the members and moderators of this beautiful Forum.

I am an Italian collector from Padua (near Venice) passionate about obsolete models produced from the 50s to the 80s (with a few more recent exceptions).

I don't have a favorite scale, my models range from 1:43 to 1:16.

It all started almost 30 years ago thanks to a Britains model that I bought back in 1969 and which I still keep in its original box together with 2/3 implements and the catalog from that time. I do not know why this passion was born, I have never lived in the countryside, I do not know the real tractors but they have always fascinated me the work they do, all those tools that can be hooked and also the whole world around them made of animals, characters and farms.

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi All,  Well I am a newbie, first post, having just started a new collection of farm models. I got into it after seeing the Clarkson's Farm TV series which took me back to when I was a youngster, when with a friend we started an agricultural contracting business borrowing farm equipment from the family.  First tractor was an old petrol/paraffin Nuffield (10/60?), then a Fordson Super Major, then a newish (in those days) John Deere, working in Essex, and Northamptonshire (UK).   The business didn't last very long as the family wanted their gear back, so I went to work for another contractor in Northamptonshire for a short while, before heading in other career directions.  But I remember those days very fondly, and think tractor driving was the most favourite job I ever did.  

So, I just had to buy a another tractor.

Unfortunately, the tractor I wanted now was about a quarter of a million pounds new, so I settled on a Britains 1:32nd scale model (or two) which was much more suited to my budget. Then I saw the Siku radio controlled stuff, and became firmly hooked on a new hobby of farm modelling/collecting. So that's how I am here. 

My future plans are to maybe build a model farm, and adopt a bit of stuff from my other hobby, to perhaps cobble together a 1:32 tractor with DCC Sound (digital command control).  I have all the bits I need from my model railway box, so let's see if I now have the ability.   I will let you know if I succeed on here, but don't hold your breath for anything exciting... 

Anyway, hello all, and thank you for letting me join. I forsee future fun and interest.  And wow, there are some amazing collections and pictures on here. 

Andy7 (Yes, another Andy, sorry).

• Like 5

On 8/26/2021 at 4:05 PM, catkom3 said:

Welcome Andy, And best of luck, as your into R/C models you might well be interested in these guy's it's in German but simple enough to copy and paste it into Google translate,

https://translate.google.com/?sl=de&tl=en&op=translate

https://www.controlarena.de/

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Joe. Ich nich Verksteyr too much of that ha ha!. But Google Translate is marvelous. Thank you.

Andy

• Thanks 1