Standen Pearson SP200 Potato Planter

I thought that it was about time I made a start on building the first of the Standen Pearson models that I've been planning so after travelling to Ely this week with a tape measure and camera here it is :)

This is the most basic potato planter that they produce now, it is a 2 row machine and although they do build up to a 6 row machine I decided that this would be the best and most affordable one to make a model of. It's still in the early stages but some of the basic frame is now in place along with the hopper and the front placing tubes, it still needs some fine tuning but here it is so far :);)

PB130066.jpg

PB130065.jpg

PB130062.jpg

PB130061.jpg

Shown on the Britains Renault 103-54, it is sitting at he height that the actual machine does off the ground when on a tractor :);)

will it also have the bed former attached as shown on the original picture? Would be even better then!

It will have the bedforming hood as shown in the pictures here, not 3 ridging bodies like the old Britains Setrite has ;):)