The Lynch & Marlbrook - Farming with Simon

Simon

The TS135A where i help out now would go between 10 am and 5pm on a tank of diesel power harrowing on a 4m, that was shocking, mind you 6 hrs on a Simba Solo had the same effect

I think there are more economical machines out there! I do like the power delivery on the NH's though, feels like it's more about getting the job done than giving a hessian knickered tree hugger a warm feeling inside!

Great pictures simon. I like that small baler never seen overhere.

Texas

You mean the little Wolvo Texas? You don't see that many over here either to be honest. They were developed in Italy [by Wolvo and also an alternative by a company which traded as Rekord from what I remember] for European countries with mountainous regions, Italian Alps type terrain, specifically for cattle farmers in these banky areas. Most of the publicity stuff showed them behind Cararro or Aebi tractors. They became popular in the UK for the equine market because you can get the density of a big bale in something which can be man handled. Good for haylage for horses as it reduces the chance of 'mould' in the bales which affects horses' respiratory system.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are more economical machines out there! I do like the power delivery on the NH's though, feels like it's more about getting the job done than giving a hessian knickered tree hugger a warm feeling inside!

I like that one :D :D :D :D

Here you are then, last ones for today.

I have enjoyed this, great going back through these old photos..... makes me want to quit the rat race and go back to it.... must be a way of making the numbers stack up somehow...

7810 on corn carting, loading off the Dom 85 with 10t Fraser, second one, at the yard with 10T Griffiths....

unfortunately they dont mate , i had a chat with a contractor /farmer about a job to get me back into it but when we started talking money i would be nearly 7k per year down i what i get now , love the work or not, i cant take that much of a pay cut  :(

• 2 months later...

Been a while, here are a couple of recent pics....

Turning over a bit of ground for game cover, T6030 & Lemken DL110

P3210147.jpg

P3210146.jpg

Working down some spring barley ground with the T6030 & Amazone power harrow..

P4080119.jpg

P4080120.jpg

Contractor leaving after spraying the winter wheat...

P3270201.jpg

P3270202.jpg

The Disco where it should be  ;) Mrs H wants to change it for 'a bloody MPV'. Oh how she needs educating..... how will I get a Picasso across the fields exactly?? And will a Picasso tow a 10' trailer out the wood loaded with cord wood?? Hmmm, I think not  ;)

P3210142.jpg

P3210140.jpg

The little 4135 parked up at our office after levelling some soil.... [the shed is not our office incidentally!  :D]

P4280062.jpg

P4280063.jpg

Any reason for ploughing the game cover so shallow Simon?

Yes, the old man's no tractor driver  ;):D :D

It's pretty heavy ground there and quite thin on the brow of the hill so any deeper and we'd be pulling up all sorts!

But it was genuinely mostly just because he hadn't got the plough set up right. So long as it's more brown than when he started he's happy  ::)  :D

This topic has been a really good read through

It would be good to have all of your machinery in 1/32,mirror the real collection sort of :)

Thanks Jamie, that's the plan [next issue of Model Farmer magazine sees the start of it  ;) ].

This summer should see a load more photographs, going to make more time to get out there and get involved, really looking forward to it  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of snaps from this weekend, cleared out the cattle shed and carted the muck to the other farm. Nice to see the old man washing the kit off when he's done.....

Manitou with the muck fork the old chap picked up for it the other week, ex-grab with short tines, 6' wide, ideal for what we want...

post-1414-132638754366_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638754378_thumb.jpg

Couple of snaps from this weekend, cleared out the cattle shed and carted the muck to the other farm. Nice to see the old man washing the kit off when he's done.....

Manitou with the muck fork the old chap picked up for it the other week, ex-grab with short tines, 6' wide, ideal for what we want...

Why didn't you go for a grab then? When we bought our Albutt it was like the new generation of clearing muck, as it cuts the muck in layers, without pulling it, making it a far quicker and cleaner job. :-\ :);)

Why didn't you go for a grab then? When we bought our Albutt it was like the new generation of clearing muck, as it cuts the muck in layers, without pulling it, making it a far quicker and cleaner job. :-\ :);)

Cost mostly..... the plan is to clear out regularly to generate a lot of muck so it won't be that well packed in there. A fork on the Manitou is already a new era.... previously used a bucket on the old Sambron!!

• 8 months later...

Not put anything in here for ages and ages, was roaming today so snapped these...

Both these bits of kit have been recommissioned this year.... the old McMaster mill we bought new in about '85 and is a super little tool.... The McConnel sawbench was bent by a local contractor when we lent it to him a few years ago so has gone unused since.... a local engineer has straightened it all out for us and patched it up so it was back to work this weekend....

post-1414-132639028355_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132639028368_thumb.jpg

Since the day I bought it she's been on about getting rid of it  ::)

Did have a couple of other photos to post of the little topper we 'haven't bought' but forgot.... will stick them up tomorrow.

Mrs H was pottering about at the Lynch this afternoon and has decreed that she wants to take over the farming... so I've provisionally booked this Saturday as a 'Farming Day'.... she can bugger about with the cattle while I make up a new adaptor for the Manitou to take the Quicke kit.... ;) Hopefully some photos....  ;D

God knows, the old man was wirriting about mowing field margins... so he decided he'd get a narrower topper which was as wide as the field margin needed to be...  ::)

The KV we bought new, has been bashed about a bit recently, mostly from going through the woods on the shoot, may try to smarten it up a bit.... it's a bloody good topper... :-\