The Lynch & Marlbrook - Farming with Simon

Simon

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The KV disappeared and was replaced by the McC... the old man had apparently already cancelled the little yellow one but the rep thought he'd try it anyway... the yellow one has now been collected and our big red one returned!

Hopefully if I get some time this summer.... which it looks like there's a fair chance I will now that the house is nearly done, George is bigger and Niki's a lot better.... then all the kit will look tip top... few jobs I want to do on the Manitou for starters.... like get the bloody heater working before the winter  ;):D

On one of the tractors or in the Manitou are about the only times you can get George to sit!  :D

we used to use it for the setaside we have a old  tarrup for the grassland 9 ft wide one ...might start cleaning things things tommorw.. hold on  i did steam clean the milking palour this morning ,its a start , our west spreader ,cant see no blue for the muck and its only 5 years old shame on me again

• 1 month later...

Well, bit of activity this weekend, been finishing off our spring planting.... the barley and beans are all now in... total about 60 acres ish, maybe a bit more... haven't totted up....

None of it was ploughed, some of it was ripped through before Christmas with the scuffles, the rest of it recently. It was then rolled  and power harrowed before being drilled with a Vaderstadt Rapid... some of it was rolled before drilling and some after too, depending on the clods to ensure that the pre-em does its job....

So...

post-1414-132639057313_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132639057321_thumb.jpg

No mate, drilling and spraying are the 2 things we contract out Colm... oh, and hedgetrimming now since the old man swapped the trimmer for a yard brush ::);):D :D

And a little movie.... don't know how good it is... might be another one shortly too... :-\

th_P3220323.jpg