Show us your Pets!?!?!

• 4 weeks later...

My brother's girlfriend came back with this yesterday:

IMG_1250.jpgIMG_1252.jpgIMG_1242.jpgIMG_1272.jpgIMG_1258.jpg

She's only 4 weeks old but abandoned by mother and siblings and preyed on by the farm toms. I'm really not sure if it's a good idea yet as we already have a cat and dog who both hate cats, but unfortunately everyone else is smitten  :-\

What a lovely p.... cat!  :-[:D :D

I can see that terrorising the other pets of the house, mind. I bet she'll be a bundle of fun  :-*

Yes I fear the *fun* is only just beginning :-\ :laugh: . They like the name Holly, named after someone I worked with a few years ago (only cause I couldn't remember the other girls :-[ )

• 3 months later...

I had two greyhounds for a holiday over the weekend.  At some stage they will become permanent residents but Spooky is VERY nervous and needs a lot of TLC.

Smartie was quite pleased to see them although I think she was rather relieved when they left as Katie is a pushy hooligan and both dogs took over Smartie's bed having decided it was nice to be in a house.  They spent the nights in the kennel (they are kennel dogs) and as it was a lovely weekend I had the back door open every day and in they came!

Spooky is blue and Katie is completely black

post-1227-1326394674_thumb.jpg

post-1227-132639467442_thumb.jpg

Ooooh Mandy, Spanusky :D Sounds better than a Labradoodle! She looks like a mischevious little tyke. Is she playing tug of war with anything left lying around, socks, tea towels etc? She looks lovely, years of joy ahead with that one I expect. Keep us posted as it will be interesting to see which of the breeds she grows up closer as.

Spooky is a lovely looking dog too, Sue. Very sleek, Mum and Dad had a whippet and a lurcher years back, Pepper and Tilly respectively. I have always like greyhounds, whippets and lurchers :)

Ooooh Mandy, Spanusky :D Sounds better than a Labradoodle! She looks like a mischevious little tyke. Is she playing tug of war with anything left lying around, socks, tea towels etc? She looks lovely, years of joy ahead with that one I expect. Keep us posted as it will be interesting to see which of the breeds she grows up closer as.

Spooky is a lovely looking dog too, Sue. Very sleek, Mum and Dad had a whippet and a lurcher years back, Pepper and Tilly respectively. I have always like greyhounds, whippets and lurchers :)

She is a lovely dog,  Tris, but she is exceedingly nervous which is why the "holiday" with me to see how she reacted.  I have been down the kennels every week for the past month or so walking her and her sister Katie and bringing her home is just another step in the bonding process.  She became playful on Sunday and even rolled on her back for her tummy to be rubbed. 

And then she went all "spooky" again!  Still I am getting there, albeit slowly.  When I took her back to the kennels she would not leave until I had petted her.  That really pleased me.

• 9 months later...

My Mum and Dad's dog, Billy, a 3 year old Westie...they vowed never to get another dog after Ted, our Border Terrier died, but relented and this little chap has come along and become part of the family :)

post-566-132639849091_thumb.jpg

This is Heidi the 6-month old, underweight kitten that has been living rough under my summerhouse.  She is now snug in the hobby room but still likes to be underneath something in a "Heidi-hole".  She was under an old bedside cabinet when I took this. (sorry about red-eye but I had to use a flash)

Camera does not do justice to her gorgeous sky blue eyes

post-1227-132639851504_thumb.jpg

Lovely photo's everyone, love to see what you all have. The dogs look more than happy, Sue. Just how our whippet and lurcher cross used to lay.

And I love those photo's of Lucy, Mandy. Especially comparing them to the 10wk photo further up the page. She is a sweetheart.

heres my dog,gem

Likes the seaside then, Paul!! I hope you bought her an ice cream after her swim!!  :)

As for Billy, he looks like butter wouldn't melt, Joe. Is he into everything? He has a little glint in his eye that looks like it may come to life when everyones back is turned!  :laugh: :laugh:

Likes the seaside then, Paul!! I hope you bought her an ice cream after her swim!!  :)

As for Billy, he looks like butter wouldn't melt, Joe. Is he into everything? He has a little glint in his eye that looks like it may come to life when everyones back is turned!  :laugh: :laugh:

that picture was took at broadhaven, wales tris,lovely beach,and never very busy,no van there mate!!!!!

looks like sue may now have a kitten to look after to, them big blue eyes looking at you will melt your heart in a few dfays even with the dogs

I cannot keep her, Sean, although I would love to but with 2 ex-racing greyhounds who have only recently stopped racing it will be a nightmare.  They have had 5 years of being encouraged to chase and I am now teaching them that it is no longer acceptable but "untraining" takes time.

Hopefully I have found a home for her with friends in Dorset although I may have to keep her for a month as my friends are off to Australia for 5 weeks in Jul/August.