ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

and they are easy to put in to sean and tris  ;D

i used to get 4hrs to put one in  :-*

I tiled a roof with a chippy a few years ago and we had six to put in and like Steve says, they're a piece of cake. I think it took us between 1  and 2 hours per Velux when it came to each one. Soon got the hang of it too!

Nice shots Sean, as you said, shame to miss some of the year!

Tris, its easy i guess putting them in when re-roofing etc., but when the roofs there and you have to fit it i guess its harde....well for Sean anyway! :D :D :D , personally i'm going to get someone to fit mine for me, much less hassle!....think you may need planning permission as well or building regs approval as its a change to the 'frontage'....although that may depend on what access you have in the loft and its use?, might be worth just a quick call Sean as every council is different, rather than have a fine and made to take them out again? ??? ???

I love this layout, Sean - esp the corn field (and knowing how difficult it was for your to find the right stuff for the job :) ). I'm a little sad that I won't be just down the road from you at Toytrac this year, though :'(

maybe next year eh, would be nice and by then her new car will be here so i can get more in hopefully

cheers johny and graham, i just havnt been up in the loft as much as i want of late, just not had time, but i am working on that ,hopefully after xmas i will be done house wise and everything work wise will settle down, then i can get going again

Nice shots Sean, as you said, shame to miss some of the year!

Tris, its easy i guess putting them in when re-roofing etc., but when the roofs there and you have to fit it i guess its harde....well for Sean anyway! :D :D :D , personally i'm going to get someone to fit mine for me, much less hassle!....think you may need planning permission as well or building regs approval as its a change to the 'frontage'....although that may depend on what access you have in the loft and its use?, might be worth just a quick call Sean as every council is different, rather than have a fine and made to take them out again? ??? ???

I will certainly be checking yeah, our neighbour was only allowed a Velux on the back which suits us as that's where we get the most light. :)

great pics of whats going on there sean & it certainly seems to be all go ! as for cage wheels , you thought about cotton buds for the cross bars ? failing that maybe some steel mesh from the garden center & pull them diagonally ?

cheers lads, to be honest i hadnt thought of that marcus, was looking to get a section of tube the same dia, then add the cross bits from that, with the handle ect inside, just got to get round to it, as i thin kthe spare bit of water pipe i have is about right, plus need to come up with a way to make them removable without being to obvious with say a magnet in the center????

• 4 weeks later...

not really mate, lofts still full of the odds and sods from doing the bedrooms, cant get it clear till i do the second one so i cant get to it properly to do much

bugger.... well hurry up man  :D :D

It's about time we saw another Pullen custom build I reckon mate.... new combine perhaps ??? ... or something old school... like an old 712 spreader perhaps.. or even an MF11 fertiliser spreader