ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sean

Ive managed to get hold of an old industrial ink cartridge I'm going to convert it into a feed silo  for the animal side of the farm but I'm unsure where to start i thought as you have got one i thought you would be the ideal person to ask any advice gladly received

regards nick

what do you want to know nick, mines just a couple of off cuts from the roofing material rolled then a cone of plastic made for the top and bottom, legs are again just plasti strut i beams with smaller bits for the cross members, filler pipe, yeap plastic again just bent into shape, had to warm it a little to get it right as cold it had a tendencey to snap whe it got so far 

Hi Sean I'm assuming that you got your bits from Ema then?

how do you fill them up then i assume they work the same way as the big grain silos then and exit filler pipe for when you need the feed out of them its the sort of field Ive never had nothing to do with

regards nick

• 2 months later...

well slight update, the field backing onto the grain silos has now been removed, ready for the new ditchs to be put in, ,means raising the whole farm up, a ditch through it will be in place for sure, where the old yard meets the new buildings,

where we have extended into the fields, am off to buy the sheet material saturday all being well

been meaning to do it for ages, we never really had hedges as such, just clumps of trees arround the field ditches , plus it allows me to get the bridges into the fields got a plan to use the field board just inset it into the new base, then all i need to do is green up the ditches add grass etc, also allows the poles to sit right, might yet change the rear gravel track into a mud / grass one to , order going in to mandy soon all being well for dia stuff

been meaning to do it for ages, we never really had hedges as such, just clumps of trees arround the field ditches , plus it allows me to get the bridges into the fields got a plan to use the field board just inset it into the new base, then all i need to do is green up the ditches add grass etc, also allows the poles to sit right, might yet change the rear gravel track into a mud / grass one to , order going in to mandy soon all being well for dia stuff

look forward to seeing this

pics a bit later paul, have just run out of the glue so off to b&q for some more, new tracks down(not coloured etc yet, and 3 sides of ditch in place, wont do the back edge as you cant see it anyway, gets the arm of the bomford trimmer right down near on flat so not to bad,

pictures a bit later paul, have just run out of the glue so off to b&q for some more, new tracks down(not coloured etc yet, and 3 sides of ditch in place, wont do the back edge as you cant see it anyway, gets the arm of the bomford trimmer right down near on flat so not to bad,

great,pictures soon,i am so looking forward to this

well heres progress so far, as you can see i have used white polly board, ( planned to use loft rafter boards, but the new mirror we bought yesterday had what i wanted in as packing ;D ;D ;D  so dosh saved there) its 3cm deep, but with the bank top edges added they do look quite deep, still not done the bridge yet, bit undecided on a woodern sleeper one like a few we had were, or filling with soil and pipe under for water like others we had????

001-32.jpg

002-31.jpg

003-34.jpg

004-28.jpg