MJB1's MASSEY FERGUSON 168

MJB1

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Marky, but the cover of which publication are you refering to ???:D

Seriously though Marcus she aint looking half bad mate.

Is that your dung spreading apparatus from a few months ago conveniently tied to the mudguard?

thanks mark your camera gives some brilliant pictures

Tidy  ;)

It looks massive in the pictures

not helping the fact i'm only a bit bigger than yer average hobbit , after all the 130 is a small tractor but it still looks big in the picture  :)

Yes Marky, but the cover of which publication are you refering to ???:D

Seriously though Marcus she aint looking half bad mate.

Is that your dung spreading apparatus from a few months ago conveniently tied to the mudguard?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah yeeeeeeeeeesss always got the fork handy  mark as per the day i leave it behind will be the day i'll need it

• 3 weeks later...

will do one day mate but will have to wait till the other bits are done . else it'll ahve to all come off again  :-\

just wondereing as so many people decide to do the restoration without the cab what i in some

cases dis-agree with but im not the one paying for the refurb  ::) ::)

good point nigel , but in effect the cab has to go back on as unless it was sold as an export model , the 168 wasn't sold cabless in the uk . i know all about people wanting to leave the cab of as it then fits in a garage , that only makes sence , but it's a shame to see them with out .

What you really need is a pair of MF ear defenders that were sold with each new machine to ensure the noise regs were adhered to  ;)

I've got a set... but I'm afraid I paid TOP DOLLAR for mine... I could lend them to you  :-[:D :D :-*

bit late for the HSE talk mark , i suffer from tinnitus anyway so the engine & exhaust noise makes a nice change  :D :D :(

• 4 weeks later...

as shown in another topic i went to the yesterdays farming event  & i took a few pics wityh the camera , but i also took a few on my phone so i thought i'd post the phone pics here  :)

got the tractor out on the friday to put the side battery pannel on amongst a few other things , bit of grease & a good wipe over with some WD40 which gives it a bit of protection & to redden up the paint !

readyfortheYFweekendSmall-1.jpg

then we got the safety frame back on

readyfortheYFweekend3Small.jpg

saturday morning parked up at the show took me approx 40-45 mins traveling to get there

readyfortheYFweekend4Small.jpg

once talked into half volunteered to towing trailers i was told to collect this trailer from the thresher

readyfortheYFweekend12Small.jpg

over to the little MF31 first

yesterdaysfarming2223-8-09101Small.jpg

then over to the bigger 400.

readyfortheYFweekend9Small.jpg

second load was done on the move for the camera's

yesterdaysfarming2223-8-09104Small.jpg

third load was a bit showy, 400 unloading into the 31 unloading into the trailer

readyfortheYFweekend6Small.jpg

up at dillingtons grain store

readyfortheYFweekend8Small.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

well as noted in my on my journeys topic i have managed to find some tyres, theyre a bit bigger than the ones i have  at the moment it's running on 16.9/12 x30 these are 18.4/15x30

looked all good when i found them , but on closer inspection one has got a bit of damage in the way of a crack/ split but hope that because of the light work the 168 does it wont affect it , but until they're fitted i cant say . if i was planning on hauling heavy trailers regularly & lifting heavy implements then i don't think they'd be good enough.

as they are though i'll take the chance , but will retain the old ones just in case

even got the chance to christen my new birthday overalls  ;D ;D

tyrecollection142102Small.jpg

tyrecollection1421013Small.jpg

tyrecollection142106Small.jpg

tyrecollection1421015Small.jpg