that's gutting news Robert.... but I guess if you look on the bright side mate, at least you are home for Christmas hey  :-\

Can't be a very nice place out there in the North Sea at this time of year either - best of luck mate, happy christmas and stay safe

Yeah knew it was coming but you really don't prepare yourself for it. Yeah glad to be home for christmas I have not been home for the past 2 so this will be a good one also not had a christmas with my youngest who is 2 as have work the past 2. No not a nice place but you make the best of it. Below is a copy of the christmas and boxing day menus. We also will have the same sort of spread at new year, there is also games played like pool and snooker, darts, domino's and crib and table tennis so a good day for everyone else apart from us because we will have work outside to do but may get to see a film. Also a raffle to look forward to.

74650_1480775541992_1311913971_1034422_8319993_n.jpg

74650_1480775501991_1311913971_1034421_6766326_n.jpg

Robert... having seen the menu you've just posted I was wondering if you have room on that rig for one more  ;D:P

I am sure your kids will be pleased to have daddy home, which will make this one and extra special one to remember

Yes kids loved having me home.

Back at work now :(

Ah well have new years day food to look forward to.

Fell free to come up Mark sure we could find something for you to do. Maybe herd the pigs up...

http://www.roseninspection.net/RosenInternet/InspectionServices/Cleaning/Heavy-Duty+Cleaning/

thanks Robert.... Those pigs look like a natty piece of kit as well  :of  .. 56" pipe  :of :of :of  .. I bet that pushes some oil through it when it's working full bore and under pressure  :of ..

Oops... just looked at my diary.. seems I am booked up now.. darn it.. and I so wanted to join you out in the North Sea in the middle of winter  :'( :D :D :D

Happy new year Robert and stay safe mate

thanks Robert.... Those pigs look like a natty piece of kit as well  :of  .. 56" pipe  :of :of :of  .. I bet that pushes some oil through it when it's working full bore and under pressure  :of ..

Oops... just looked at my diary.. seems I am booked up now.. darn it.. and I so wanted to join you out in the North Sea in the middle of winter  :'( :D :D :D

Happy new year Robert and stay safe mate

We only have the baby ones here as only a 14" pipeline to the other platform but main line to sullom voe is 36"

about 26 bar pressure to push it down line with about 15,000 barrels of oil a day behind it. Usually takes about 2 days to travel 7 miles.

What do you mean your diary is full expecting you now have even found you a cabin  :'( :'(

Yeah will stay safe have no plans of doing very much on new years day...... wait thats most days ;D

Got a phone call from the wife on the way to the job this morning. The care home her dads in had rung to say that he had just been taken to hospital blue light job , she just rang back to say he's in the high dependency unit and it appears quiet seriuos at present

Sorry to hear that it not nice, 5yrs ago today since my dad pass away it never made christmas  quite the same.

Got a phone call from the wife on the way to the job this morning. The care home her dads in had rung to say that he had just been taken to hospital blue light job , she just rang back to say he's in the high dependency unit and it appears quiet seriuos at present

Not so good news Sean but it is amazing what they can do for folk in those units.

just back from taking sues daughter up, had to stop and comfort her as she burst into tears after we left, looks like a real bad case of numonia?? (spelling never was my good point as you all know) still in the hdu bit, and looks like being there for a good few days, blood pressure is very very low, almost non exsistant infact, which isnt helping him, personally i am sad to say i think its a waiting game now ,poor old fellas 93 and thin as a rake now, almost as if hes lost the fight looking at him

Hi Sean & family

I don't think there is anything more I can add to the comments above. Just letting you know we are all thinking about you guys over here in Canada, and hope everything turns out happily for all concerned.

Regards Robert

dad fell unconsious(dont know the right spelling) this morning while going to pick up the 6420s luckily he wasn't driving at the time and was at a burger van in a lay bye when it happend he's in hospital at the minute and consious but the doctors still don't know hw or why it happened so already a brilliant start to 2011 :-\ :'(

sean i wish the man a speedy recovery ;)

and steve i also wish the man a speedy recovery  ;)

>:(

as for me my thoughts are with a slinger/ banksman who had a very nasty accdent on the 27

a beam fell on him allmost cutting his feet off letts hope he makes a full recovery

it stoped the whole job for 12 hrs

well found out to day he has got to lose the lower part of his leg

and i have to go and bee interveiwed over the loading of the train  >:(