The adventures of Marky and Frankie the MF5445 - Born on 09.05.2008

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been told it is now against the law to run with red and white tank with a switch as most run on red and the white is never used :o::)

5 days to markey bending the shed i bet, 3 for gav thoe  :D

You'll be way out with that one Mike as I haven't even been down to meet Frankie yet ::):D :D

ive been told it is now against the law to run with red and white tank with a switch as most run on red and the white is never used :o::)

5 days to markey bending the shed i bet, 3 for gav thoe  :D

good thats two of us then that agree! :D :D :D

Now then.. a few more pics to bore you all to tears with....

I've been out tonight to empty my Bailey trailer at my local farmers yard.... I've taken some video tonight on my camera... I hope this works...

First up... although we have a 'wedgewire screen' loading the trailer permenantly (from my peeling machine)... we also load trimmings and old waste F & V with a tipping skip... here we are tipping the last skip of the day prior to departure..

th_VIDEO0006.jpg

Then... here is a look at the mess inside... it's a flipping good job it's not smelly vision... you'd throw me off the forum for this pong... pheeeewy..

th_VIDEO0007.jpg

So... off to the farm (about 6-7 miles away)... and this is the trailer being unloaded...

th_VIDEO0008.jpg

Pics from now on... I'd love to know quite how high this thing it when it's tipped... staggering really... you'd never be able to tip it inside a building  :o

IMAG0034.jpg

So what exactly is this slop then jsut rotting vegetables.

And what design of trailer is that not seen one like that before?

i belive its a bailey dump trailer ;) the local jd dealer in ottringham sells them kris ;) cooks run a bigger version like markeys in yellow, sure you will have seen it in thorn

i belive its a bailey dump trailer ;) the local jd dealer in ottringham sells them kris ;) cooks run a bigger version like markeys in yellow, sure you will have seen it in thorn

Ahhh think i have now. Next time i go past ripoff in ottringham ill have a look cheers.  ;)

So what exactly is this slop then jsut rotting vegetables.

And what design of trailer is that not seen one like that before?

Basically... yes... not so much rotting... more not fit for human consumption... the sloppy stuff is mechanical peelings from a peeling machine... it's uses abrasive rollers to remove the skin of the product (spud, carrot, swede etc.) - we have to use water as a 'vehicle' to move the peelings around... to make it able to be pumped.. then.. we have to take the water back out again to seperate the solids (the edible bit) from the water and starch.  The peel is much like mushy weetabix when it comes off the seperating screen so we added extra drainage to the trailer to take out any further water leaching off the pile.

Mike's answered your other question... I guess like most of us... you hadn't seen one in the raised position before... quite amazing how high they reach.... and my trailer is only a puppy compared to some others too  :o  It's basically a skip on wheels I reckon  :-\ :D :D

Sadly not Colm... it's wasted mate  :-\ - As we are 'food use' the quality of any 'cleaned' water would have to be drinking standard... and the equipment for that is VERY expensive... so I am told..

Shame really... Water really winds me up... you pay for it through the tap... and then you pay to get rid of it (sweage charge).. rip off really...  >:(:-\

• 3 weeks later...

Brief update... Frankie had her 50 hour service yesterday... she's on about 56 hours now... and NO FAULTS reported to date  ;D

The 945 loader has arrived... so I'll be getting that installed soon.. ish... probably in the 6 week holidays actually  :-\

Brief update... Frankie had her 50 hour service yesterday... she's on about 56 hours now... and NO FAULTS reported to date  ;D

The 945 loader has arrived... so I'll be getting that installed soon.. ish... probably in the 6 week holidays actually  :-\

arr good to here frankie has a clean bill or oil :D Any pics of the loader ;):)