land rovers

marshman

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the Exmoor challenge for a couple of years.. it's a weekend event on once a year (you'll have to google it)... I can safely say... it's the best off-roading I have EVER done - some superb technical bits... and some real danger in places too... gets the old adrenal gland working for sure  ;);D

I did the Exmoor challenge for a couple of years.. it's a weekend event on once a year (you'll have to google it)... I can safely say... it's the best off-roading I have EVER done - some superb technical bits... and some real danger in places too... gets the old adrenal gland working for sure  ;);D

heeh, sounds good

just said to dad about meeting up somwhere weather it be just you markey in our landy or simon or anyone as well in there landys he said yeh

i no you probable dont want to markey but your welcome to come down here and go with us as i said before  ;):)

Likewise..... we should definitely do something....

Up by us we have Eastnor Castle, the original - and still the main - proving ground for Land Rovers. The 'Experience' course is a bit lame, have been round that a few times, but I did my chainsaw license there and we got to tool around the whole estate in the old man's old Disco and the woodmen's bad boy Disco which LR give them, was awesome.

I was at a party at Christmas with the daughter of the guy who owns it, sure I could have a word and get us a bit of a play there.....?  ;)

Likewise..... we should definitely do something....

Up by us we have Eastnor Castle, the original - and still the main - proving ground for Land Rovers. The 'Experience' course is a bit lame, have been round that a few times, but I did my chainsaw license there and we got to tool around the whole estate in the old man's old Disco and the woodmen's bad boy Disco which LR give them, was awesome.

I was at a party at Christmas with the daughter of the guy who owns it, sure I could have a word and get us a bit of a play there.....?  ;)

sounds a good idea, have a word always wanted to go there  ;):)

Here's my freelander Adam and it's the worst vehicle I have ever owned and should be selling it in a few weeks to get a new vw transporter van.

I've just spent £250 on having the electric rear window fixed as it decided not to work after I washed it. :D

is it really though.....dont you mean its works ;):D :D :D::)

they use pickup trucks with the rear cabs around here Kev, dont see many landies to be honest :-\, not sure they even use range rovers on the roads anymore either :-\ :-\

Here's my freelander Adam and it's the worst vehicle I have ever owned and should be selling it in a few weeks to get a new vw transporter van.

I've just spent £250 on having the electric rear window fixed as it decided not to work after I washed it. :D

why is it the  worst, is it petrol if so the k series engines where renowed for head gasket probs

x police i take it, very nice  landys are no more unrilable than any car dad has had well LOADS and apart from rangie we havent had one thats been to bad  ;):)

Current Police actually Adam......... ;)

why is it the  worst, is it petrol if so the k series engines where renowed for head gasket probs

it's a petrol and I bought it on a whim really and have heard all the horror stories about head gaskets.

What I don't like is that the clutch is too hard for a car,bad brakes there not as sharp as discs all round ,body roll,no height ajustable seat,and 22 to 28 mpg.I just don't really like freelanders now after owning one :D

The folks are on their third and love them, although I have to say, not Land Rover's greatest achievement.

First was an X plate K series, then a nice TD4 van which sister rolled - her fault, not the car's  ;) - and now another TD4 van like the last one.

I'm not a massive fan but it serves a purpose. And I suppose they have the RR Sport & MX5 for high days and holidays  ;)