land rovers

marshman

Just though i would post some pics of my our/my dads  landy

she is a 2001 110 double cab we do a fair bit of off roading but we are looking for a cheap 90 for the damaging stuff  ;) all the off roading we do is fully legal on either private land that is rented for off road trials pay and play sites or green lanes and we never go off the greenlane track  ;):)

017.jpg

stuck in a hole winch cable eye thats holds the cable on the drum broke so had to go so dad had to ring a mate to take him to get our 165 ::) never go off roading with only 1 vehical

061.jpg

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some very good Land Rover stuff on Youtube, people treat their animals with more respect and compassion than what's on there. Well worth a look.

i dont run a landy ::) i have a 57 plate toyota rav4, very nice, i sometimes drive an 08 freelander auto gs and it drives nice but prefere my rav4, im getting 45mpg apposed to the freelander doing 29mpg :o both diesel models!

a landrover 90/110 is a great farm truck but you pay for the badge, were i used to work had a 53 plate 90 hard top, very basic for the money!!

for off roading i agree landrover defenders are king!! on tarmac there noisy and a hard ride :o

There is some very good Land Rover stuff on Youtube, people treat their animals with more respect and compassion than what's on there. Well worth a look.

yeh i look a lot on there some vids of our landy in action on google vidieos  ;):)

here you go Adam...

My toy, 1959 S2, S3 bulkhead [boo hoo] parabolics, 3.5, Ashcroft exhaust, Weller 8's, SATs, Corbeau seats. Half cage been sitting in my shed for 4 years, will fit it one day  ;)

post-1414-132638741896_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638741915_thumb.jpg

The previous Disco, bought off ebay unseen for 1200 quid, 1995 300 TDi S, 180k on the clock and still going strong having been bought by one of the guys I shoot with who works for Agco...

post-1414-132638741924_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638741939_thumb.jpg

1 more!

My first proper road going Land Rover, 1993 RR Vogue SE A air sprung model, fast road cams, LPG [which was crap incidentally, and I'm pretty sure the single point system knackered the engine  ::) The cams had nothing to do with it I'm sure  ;) ]....

post-1414-132638741984_thumb.jpg

Next up.. Mrs F's old 110DC in XS trim... nice car... but the turning circle of a supertanker (and the brakes too)... since been sold regretfully... the best one we've had so far..

Untitled-18.jpg

traded in for Mrs F's current 'ride' - which Barry tried so hard to wreck last year before Spalding..

DSC_0360.jpg

It had done 50k HARD miles by then.. it was only really good for off-roading... it was 'up two inches and out two inches' and drove like a pig.. also... the cylinder head had started weaping fuel into the sump - which was going to be an expensive repair... clutch was starting to go also and the warrenty was just about to expire  :o :o

Shame to get rid of her though.. she was one hell of a truck... I spent a small fortune on her... literally  :o :o - Mrs F loves Defenders to bits now... I told her only yesterday she would have had a new one if it wasn't for the fact I've just blown invested all our cash on a tractor and baler  :-[:D :D

brillant pics simon and markey

love the s3  we had a rr air spung classic and had nothing but trouble with it

ARRRRR now markey your up market, very nice double cab bit posher than ours

love the 90 pick up we are looking for a old pick up as well because the 110 is to nice/espenisive for us to damage an old 90 for the damaging off roading

also my mum has a old n reg disco with 80,000miles good condtion and you wouldnt belive the price dad paid for it  nothing wrong with it at all really nice            Who can geuss what he paid(he doesnt mind me saying)  :D;)

So makey do you do any off roading still :-\ ;)

I'm not allowed buddy... Mrs F won;t give me her car keys  :-[  :D :D - everytime I go I break things... I get the 'red mist' descend on me... and I just have to get a little 'brutal' with things...

I do miss the 'good old days' - off-roading is just the best fun ever... I was tempted to buy another off-roader again myself... but alas... my bank account says otherwise... not to mention Mrs F of course  :-[ :'(

I'm not allowed buddy... Mrs F won;t give me her car keys  :-[  :D :D - everytime I go I break things... I get the 'red mist' descend on me... and I just have to get a little 'brutal' with things...

I do miss the 'good old days' - off-roading is just the best fun ever... I was tempted to buy another off-roader again myself... but alas... my bank account says otherwise... not to mention Mrs F of course  :-[ :'(

arrr but you only live onece

your welcome to come with me and dad one day bit of a trek down to here though  ;D:);)

Thanks Adam... I may well take you up on that mate... in the winter of course... too hard and dusty in the summer months really I guess  :-\

yeh it is, we go trialing evey month but there isnt much mud there, but still very good fun, having said there is no mud there is when it rains lots of hils and dips too

We also do lots of greenlaning, thats looottttss of mud  ;) I would love it if you came and so would my dad, as you said winter is better  :D;)

Thanks Adam, glad you like the pics.

Maybe we should arrange an FTF off road event somewhere....?

Can't be too far away though..... 8mpg and I only have a standard tank & 2 jerry cans  ;)

Thanks Adam, glad you like the pics.

Maybe we should arrange an FTF off road event somewhere....?

Can't be too far away though..... 8mpg and I only have a standard tank & 2 jerry cans  ;)

now that sounds like a brillant idea, we have a caravan and dad was just saying the other day we have got to go away and mabey throw a bit of offroading in  ;):)