Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Strangely, the same seller sold the Silver Jubilee version of this a week or so ago.  They added a note part way through to say they had been told it was by Brian Norman, so you would have thought they would realise that this one was by the same?  That was damaged as well. 

Same seller had previously sold a BN County 1884 which also looked as though it had been seriously mistreated!

that groovychick has been selling some good stuff of late, i am guessing its a dealer of some sort, with all that stuff, as any collector would know what they were when selling

She bought a large collection at auction mate ;) ;)

Last year she bought a large constuction collection down your way ;)

Strangely, the same seller sold the Silver Jubilee version of this a week or so ago.  They added a note part way through to say they had been told it was by Brian Norman, so you would have thought they would realise that this one was by the same?  That was damaged as well. 

Same seller had previously sold a BN County 1884 which also looked as though it had been seriously mistreated!

been loads of stuff on, loads of brian norma smaller tractors, some intresting implements to, had several on watch, but the prices went to high for me

didnt know that paul, wonder where the auctions are, as i do tend to look through stuff like that, and never really see much compaired to say tw glaze up that way ,who always seem to have stuff

• 2 weeks later...

got to allow for time to make it?? paint job ect, plus maybe make the rake, its a hard thing to quantify time into a convo mate, i have tried many a time and still aint sure i have charged right when you see other items out there

£18 + £12 for the wheels and say £15 for the buck rake?

Errr so why does he want £60 ??? No offence

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Britains-Siku-JCB-416s-and-Redrock-buckrake-conversion_W0QQitemZ280349282701QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN?hash=item41461e918d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A3%7C294%3A50

as sean says, buckrake made himself, probably a lot of time went to making it ,not easy doing conversions to a good standard

• 2 weeks later...

Announced in December 1964 at the Smithfield show... first two years (max... possibly less) on red wheels - 'safety' shell fenders were always available as an option when ordering... but to the best of my knowledge these were discontinued as standard fitment around 68/69.

Strangely... some brochures show 135 square topped fenders with red wheels - but not many - and all PAVT rears in brochures were red - so some models had red rears and silver fronts  :o:D :D

I hope he's mounted that on the 35x chassis as it's going to have the wrong axle if not... not forgetting it's sporting the wrong seat as well of course  ::) - he'd have been better off leaving the 35x seat on it  ::)

Nicely presented though... until MF catch up with him... then he will have a sore bottom  :D :D