Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Ah right so mine is an earlier version than the straw box so in theory worth more ;D ;D

That is one of the worst Britains models for plastic rot.  I had two in the same box, last time I looked at them they were just of box full of melted plastic components, completely fallen apart.  If its reasonably rot free then it could be worth a lot more than one would expect!  What is that behind the belt at the bottom end?

Where these elevators melted was where the conveyer belt came into contact with the plastic and in the middle where the little rubber tube joiners went over the spires that joined the two sides together. Once the melt has begun practically impossible to rectify.

This type powerrabit ???

89122765.jpg

I love these, they look very similar to the Lely Stack-Hy we have at home, except the elevator on the Stack Hy is a steel tray with a chain & hardwood block system... anyone got one of these without the elevator they'd  be prepared to part with?

That is one of the worst Britains models for plastic rot.  I had two in the same box, last time I looked at them they were just of box full of melted plastic components, completely fallen apart.  If its reasonably rot free then it could be worth a lot more than one would expect!  What is that behind the belt at the bottom end?

Well spotted Peter... it's paper kitchen roll round the bottom roller which has rotten in an attemt to stop any welding onto the comnveyor belt. This model must be approaxching 40 years old and it was well played with so on the whole I suppose it has lasted not too badly.

Where these elevators melted was where the conveyer belt came into contact with the plastic and in the middle where the little rubber tube joiners went over the spires that joined the two sides together. Once the melt has begun practically impossible to rectify.

Shame really because it was such a "playable" toy and a very nice model.

makes you wonder how many guys like him actually bought at that show, thats the 5th i can remember him selling since ,all go for 300 quid plus if not more

I reakon hes sold nearer 10 in the weeks after the show as i used to watch the prices of them and they all ranged from about £350-500

makes you wonder how many guys like him actually bought at that show, thats the 5th i can remember him selling since ,all go for 300 quid plus if not more

If you were in the queue for these and they had any left when you got to the front then you could buy as many as you wanted (and they had left).  In theory the first person could have bought all 100!

If you were in the queue for these and they had any left when you got to the front then you could buy as many as you wanted (and they had left).  In theory the first person could have bought all 100!

Jens bought close to 300 agritechnica models last time, so he probably bought a lot of Deeere's. He is also the guy who arranges the Traktorado farmtoyshow in Husum, Germany. Great show btw. www.traktorado.de

Sonny

• 2 weeks later...