• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ontheroad006-5.jpg

ontheroad007-5.jpg

ready for another trip to the bog to bring home the turf

ontheroad008-5.jpg

a deutz combime getting ready for the harvest in co galway.they had a green one(deutz) last year but not sure where  its gone(could be on an out farm)Which were first the orange type or green type???

ontheroad009-5.jpg

Finally my old friend just to show how versatile this 7600 is ,drawing silage,spraying,mowing and on the main road this morn pulling a small cow trailer.Apologies to the anyone but ford fans out there but love this little trac so indulge me

More nice gear there Fintan ;)

Not quite sure on Forschitt's but the 512 was one of the smaller ones fitted with a MAN engine - East German origin - still a few down my way most 512's were 12' cut versions ;)

Green Deutz combines were after red ones - that 2680 doesn't look too bad - 12 ft head I think ;) ;)

They are popular here and I have an affinity with them in that it was the first decent size tractor my uncle who lived next door got in the early 70's.My cousin still has an early 80's 6206 or 7206.can remember which ,must get down and take a pic.

The tractors in an area I find tend to be linked to what dealers are in an area.

They are popular here and I have an affinity with them in that it was the first decent size tractor my uncle who lived next door got in the early 70's.My cousin still has an early 80's 6206 or 7206.can remember which ,must get down and take a pic.

The tractors in an area I find tend to be linked to what dealers are in an area.

thanks is that the same with fiat

• 3 months later...

Fintan, you lucky fella your area must be all Deutz :D :D

Yes theres plenty of them around as there has been a deutz dealer in the area for the past 30 years or more.I've a soft spot as the first power steering tractor that came into the village was a deutz in 1979 which was trade in in 1982 for a 6206 which he still has as a runaround.

I guess the Deutz combine was in Kildare given the Thorpe trailer. ;)

Would you believe accross the road from my house.owned by a contractor who got out of silage 2 years ago .he had ober 1000 acres of corn this year and these 2 thorpes seem to have replaced a kane and redrock.the red deutz combine in earlier pictures and same/john deere tractor in a yard are his

That 7600 appears a few time is a smart machine. they seem to have done a good job grafting on the later super Q cab onto it

I think its lovely and still earning its keep drawing silage ,spraying and carting bales of straw.

• 2 months later...