On the road with Fintan

ford4ever

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb images as always Fintan... thanks for posting mate. That 135 is indeedy a rare machine with it's Lambourne ? cab on it as well - very strange looking  :of  .. As Tris said... some really nostalgic shots of the 100 series driving through town with a trailer full of grass - Superb ! .. sorry I missed this topic as well  :-[

[

That Ford 7810 looks like the one I did a while back, though not quite as muddy  ;D

Great pictures though

Thanks.There was more rust/corrosion on the 7810 than mud.

quote author=Lord Ferguson link=topic=22465.msg715240#msg715240 date=1313415011]

Superb images as always Fintan... thanks for posting mate. That 135 is indeedy a rare machine with it's Lambourne ? cab on it as well - very strange looking  :of  .. As Tris said... some really nostalgic shots of the 100 series driving through town with a trailer full of grass - Superb ! .. sorry I missed this topic as well  :-[

Flattery will get you everywhere Marky. Was out on Sunday and it just happened to be a day of nearly all classic mf'shttp://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm89/ford4ever_2008/miscsummer2011097.jpgmiscsummer2011098.jpgmiscsummer2011095.jpg

and the 375

miscsummer2011094.jpgmiscsummer2011093.jpg

Looking at the 3 series Masseys. Ive a question. A nearby farmer has a Landini coloured BLUE MF390 2wd! He has it with the last 20+ years at least. Bought from Atkins in Cork from nearly new. The lad who owns it dont even know why it came in this unusual colour,maybe a demo cause its an 88 year i think. I must post a pic of it someday cause its a real unusal eyecatcher of a Massey. Could be another colour for DBP models to produce! Anybody know if this is common on the 390s?

Looking at the 3 series Masseys. Ive a question. A nearby farmer has a Landini coloured BLUE MF390 2wd! He has it with the last 20+ years at least. Bought from Atkins in Cork from nearly new. The lad who owns it dont even know why it came in this unusual colour,maybe a demo cause its an 88 year i think. I must post a picture of it someday cause its a real unusal eyecatcher of a Massey. Could be another colour for DBP models to produce! Anybody know if this is common on the 390s?

unless it was sprayed for a company colour scheme it may well be an iseki MF had a deal to provide ISEKI with tractors  in their colours

unless it was sprayed for a company colour scheme it may well be an iseki MF had a deal to provide ISEKI with tractors  in their colours

Maybe but it aint an import id say. It worked in Ireland from new. The only other thing that stands out is it has the old MF 188 style rear wheels with the weights ,34 inch rim i think they are. Other than that it has the usual  common grey 3 series style cab like the DBP model Masseys. Must get a pic up, the brother was only wrapping round bales with it last week.

Nice update, I've never seen round bales stacked on a trailer like that before.

i have seen it a few times this way mark, but its very un common i must say

Maybe but it aint an import id say. It worked in Ireland from new. The only other thing that stands out is it has the old MF 188 style rear wheels with the weights ,34 inch rim i think they are. Other than that it has the usual  common grey 3 series style cab like the DBP model Masseys. Must get a picture up, the brother was only wrapping round bales with it last week.

can you get a pic of it justin, would be intrested to see it in that colour m\ybe marky can help with info

some nice pics there fintan, seems mf is pretty popular round your way, especially the 300 series mf's

Great update there Fintan - your friend runs the same combine my friend has at present.

Clearly a better day up your way - nothing cut here now since Thursday!

Saturday ok but yesterday was a great day with loads of drying.Today good again and promised ok to teatime tomorrow.

Just on to him there.have cut another 40 acres today,baled 3/4 of the 40 acre field.they are cutting corn for the owner of the 2680 tonight and my friend is  baling silage for a customer.Busy times. short a driver for tomorrow so if he can get another tractor (and if i can re-arrange an appointment)i could be driving for the afternoon.

F

Nice update, I've never seen round bales stacked on a trailer like that before.

thats how lorrys are loaded with round bales mark as you can't stack round on round so the bottom layer has to be on it's flat the next layer is on the round & the 3rd layer sat between the bales on the second layer

scroll down you'll see one of my trucks loaded with round bales

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,30941.0.html

• 8 months later...