On the road with Fintan

ford4ever

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some lovley pictures there mate i must say, have to ask mind, whats that mf 26?? on tracks set up for then? i guess a drainage rig looking at it

a mf 2640 and for bog work

What a mass of interesting machines. I love the bleak shot of the big Ford on duals in in the blizzard with a rather peeved off looking dog to the left of shot.

taken in April when we got that day or two of snow, he used to run 6 or7 sg cabs deeres and bubble cab fords

Great to see this topic open again - your cousin has a fine place ;)

he'd be a tasty enough farmer with about 300 acres .not the best for looking after machinery as you can see from the state of the same and deutz. got a new camera so expect lots of photos for the summer

• 1 year later...

newtractor008.jpg

newtractor009.jpg

A contractor who is supposed to have lost 100k(rumoured) on last years harvest appears to be gone mad taking conacre.He runs a fleet of cases and well known on the tractor pulling scene

And those rumours were true too,was a disaster of a year to startalso bought a brand new combine that year too.

Those pictures there are of his Case Magnum 310,she was the most comfortable tractor I've ever sat in,unfortunately the nose on it wasn't very friendly for west of Ireland gates :(

That was taken over near Castleblakeney which was a good bit away from Dunmore.Thats the problem for West of Ireland Tillage growers ,very weather dependant. I gather Flynns of Lackagh were owed a good bit by various tillage farmers the year before last but got a good bit of it back last year. :) :)

I doubt if Flynns would be on the wrong side of the debt somehow but I suppose nowadays you never know  ???

He rented that land of another lad he knows that bought a place up there but yeah it was a bit far away.

He has it closer to home the last 2 years,in fact I gave him a hand to sow it this year,he sowed 120 acres of wheat in under 3 days with the one pass system  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

The Buttle brothers are farmers and businessmen in Wexford. Back in the 80s they had a big business importing 2nd hand tractors, diggers, combines and other machines. They often put their name on the cabs of machines like that.

The Buttle brothers are farmers and businessmen in Wexford. Back in the 80s they had a big business importing 2nd hand tractors, diggers, combines and other machines. They often put their name on the cabs of machines like that.

thanks Stan.I knew someone on here would have the answer.Mystery solved ;)

Correct - still involved in the business too.

I believe that combine has also come from Wexford - I am pretty sure I have been looking at over the past few weeks up in the North of the county.