• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correct Blake and Adam ;D ;D

That is the one I was looking at as the price tag has dropped by about €2500 :o

Doesn't look as well as the pictures but still okay - mudguards could do with a bit of straightening, new seat cover and the left hand door has a hole in it.

First 2 I'm okay with and easily replaced third is a bit of an issue :(

Anything else I should watch out for ??? ???

Nice one, those points arent too bad and a good haggling point aswelll. As for things to look out for well.

Has it got

4 wheels

a seat

a cab

an engine :D

Check

oil

water in the right places

gearbox okay

clutch not jumpy etc

Im sure you no much more than me mate about what to look out for  ;):)

cant go wrong with the case 56xl range ;) to be fair when i was looking for a tractor i looked at a few 56 series etc, i went to buy a 856xl but saw a faded solid looking jd in the corner and it was only £150 more, hence why i have my 3040, if i hadnt seen it i would be running a case ;) nothing better than the sound of a 956 under load ;D

:D :D

No wonder Dinny you didn't reply to my text :D :D

So will ye lads start the collection for us to get a 7810 ;)

Naw, we'll just watch you contributing to the retirement fund of the fitter in Ballinaboola who is going to be visiting your place on a weekly basis - that 7810 will look cheap before too long  ;)

What was it traded in against?

Stan - you are a bit out of touch Byrne's is gone now - levelled last year - God only knows how much stuff Dad and Grandad bought there over the years :( I am alright though have a top IH and combine man a mile from Ballinaboola ;)

Haven't gone to see her yet - still talking it over internally ::)

:D :D

No wonder Dinny you didn't reply to my text :D :D

So will ye lads start the collection for us to get a 7810 ;)

Money can't be that scarce with ya that you couldn't stretch to buy the tractor you want, its a false economy to settle for second best. Anyway you know my opinion on 7810s, unfortunately they never made any with crash boxes, so I recommend a nice Valmet 6600 :);)

Money can't be that scarce with ya that you couldn't stretch to buy the tractor you want, its a false economy to settle for second best. Anyway you know my opinion on 7810s, unfortunately they never made any with crash boxes, so I recommend a nice Valmet 6600 :);)

Himself doesn't really like 7810's anyway and prefers the IH's of that era so that has a lot to play with it ;)

Anyway have to wait till we see the final version of this new Road Traffic laws but no harm to be looking given the big price decreases ;)

Indeed and I have seen those 2 Stan - and I have heard the price tag for both as well and let's just say they will be there a while ;)

Oh by the way James - are Case IH second best now :D :D

Remember a new trailer will have to be bought too so no point in going too crazy buying machinery unlike some of my neighbours ::) ::)

James we couldn't get a Valmet what would JM say :D :D

Anyway I'd challenge you to find a decent one near us :(

Indeed and I have seen those 2 Stan - and I have heard the price tag for both as well and let's just say they will be there a while ;)

In the current climate just turn up with folding - especially on a Friday when the wages have to be paid - and see if you can't get a good deal.

I know what you are saying Stan - I heard the local NH dealer has let a lot of staff go :(

Only bad think is I'm too busy now over the next 2 months to get a Friday off >:( >:( Oh well I think by the time February comes prices will be down another few 000's ;D