New Tractor (to us) - opinions wanted

nashmach

good one erik  :) there's another worth looking at colm try the valmet 8100 contractor i knew was running a valmet , & like mant others in the area never really took them at the time as a serious threat to the massey ,fords & C-IH dealers ,that was till i got a job driving one  :o seriously impressed , mine had the delta box & the VME engine is bombproof as well , great weight distribution, short wheelbase (good for loader work) a comfortable cab & easy to work with  :) well worth looking at mate :)

had a demo of one of them about ten years ago i think was a good tractor and had loads of power for the price.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm starting to turn more towards Valmet too be honest compared to NH having driven my friend's one - unfortunately Marcus most of those age over here are wrecked :'(

Think I need to get a 7600 then Stan and repower - would go down great with the 3000 ;)

JQ's are temptingly cheap over here now but have seen lots of Ford 7810's coming in under 10k now so am going to investigate some of those ;)

I'd suggest a Renault 106-54 or one of its bigger brothers myself, all can pull like trains and can be had for decent money. In the case of the 106-54 the muck spreading contractor I worked for a while back had a few of them at one time, still had one at that time, 10000hrs and never had any problems with it. In its earlier days it had been used on 12 ton spreaders and ran rings around a JD 6900 when they had one alongside it on the same spreader despite being much smaller, very much a pocket rocket, slap a turbo on it and you'll have it up to 120hp no trouble ;D

good one erik  :) there's another worth looking at colm try the valmet 8100 contractor i knew was running a valmet , & like mant others in the area never really took them at the time as a serious threat to the massey ,fords & C-IH dealers ,that was till i got a job driving one  :o seriously impressed , mine had the delta box & the VME engine is bombproof as well , great weight distribution, short wheelbase (good for loader work) a comfortable cab & easy to work with  :) well worth looking at mate :)

must agree in some ways marcus, i see laods of older valmets still going strong down here, now a big hp tractor in a budget price range for a lot of smaller farmers down this way, they always seem to be in good condition to, no matter what sort of farm they are on,usally cattle tracotrs this way are battered and rusty, these dont seem to go

hmmm know what yer saying about the availability of the 7810's  but finding one nowadays that hasn't had a beasting & is rust free & reasonable hours isn't going to be easy , how available are the 7740's /7840's ? probably worth finding the extra to get one of these .

if i could colm i'd buy a good 699 but like the 7810's they're getting very hard to find  :(

if i had the cash i'd buy the one in CT :(

Not a fan of the 40 series Marcus so couldn't see me buying one of those to be honest!

699 was another I was thinking of to be honest - that one in CT is a minter ;)

trouble is the older the masseys get , the more tired you'll find the hydraulics  :( seen loaders on them but fint them hard work on a tractor that size & unless you're going to get full length stress bars for the loader the casting on the 699 won't like it , i used to drive a brilliant 699, till the boss broke it's back :'(  still think the valmet is a better deal

Sorry if it's already been asked but what dealers are in you area Colm? Just thinking about parts back up.

(Why not get an 6400, stick some Valtra wheels on it, a John Deere loader and a removable wieght block? I seen it done in 1/32 before. . . . )

Now Tris where do I start:

Valtra 15 minutes away

JQ 35 minutes

NH 35 and 25 minutes away

MF 35 minutes away

Hurlimann 35 minutes away

McCormick 25 minutes away

Landini 45 minutes away

Ursus 45 minutes away

Had a look at the Irish Farmer Trader and quite a selection of Deutz 6.05's there so I think these are worth a good look compared to a 7810! Also helps my firned is looking for a 2wd one so might get heads up on 4wd versions ;)

Now I wonder what 4wd 6cyl tractor will our Tanco 968 fit ???

what about a fiat F115 OR 120  ??? or are they above budget

Mark I Winner is out of the question Chris - dodgy gearboxes and electrics although I did look at one at our local dealers

http://www.murphysmotors.ie/show.php?id=14&page=2&category=&make=&model=&cond=&yeara=&yearb=&milesa=&milesb=&pricea=&priceb=&trans=&fuel=&location=&srt=model_year%20DESC&p=15

It has been advertised at €10,000 since then - unfortunately Mark II's are above budget :(

Now Tris where do I start:

Valtra 15 minutes away

JQ 35 minutes

NH 35 and 25 minutes away

MF 35 minutes away

Hurlimann 35 minutes away

McCormick 25 minutes away

Landini 45 minutes away

Ursus 45 minutes away

Had a look at the Irish Farmer Trader and quite a selection of Deutz 6.05's there so I think these are worth a good look compared to a 7810! Also helps my firned is looking for a 2wd one so might get heads up on 4wd versions ;)

Now I wonder what 4wd 6cyl tractor will our Tanco 968 fit ???

i would guess most of them will deliver for free to be honest colm???? be very surprised if they didnt

• 1 month later...

:D :D

Our local dealer Ad :D

That one is not as great as she looks - I'd give him half of what they are looking for.... the picture does not match the tractor as the ad should be for a 7610 :D :D

Another item there has my interest especially with its newer price tag:)

:D :D

Our local dealer Ad :D

That one is not as great as she looks - I'd give him half of what they are looking for.... the picture does not match the tractor as the ad should be for a 7610 :D :D

Another item there has my interest especially with its newer price tag:)

Arr, thought it looked a bit to good in the pics , is it the 956 there mate, that looks realllllyyyyyyyyyyyy nice ;):) :)