Incy wincey spider.... climbed up... er.... my Russian Vine

Lord Ferguson

I've taken some of those free hand... honest I have...

I have two lenses for my camera... a normal 'point and click' lens and this micro lens (more for taking pics of models really to be honest) ....

To get better depth of field I have used a biger appature setting... without the flash you'd need a blooming steady hand to get clear pics - which sadly I don't have  :-[

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've taken some of those free hand... honest I have...

I have two lenses for my camera... a normal 'point and click' lens and this micro lens (more for taking pics of models really to be honest) ....

To get better depth of field I have used a biger appature setting... without the flash you'd need a blooming steady hand to get clear pics - which sadly I don't have  :-[

thanks its quite handy haveing a tripod ive only got a little one

Top notch Pictures Mary.. uhh erhh Marky, sorry I am getting confused.

Speaking of spiders. Do you guys in the old world have a seemingly huge numbers of spiders this year as well? Here where I am in Canada we are being invaded by them this year. They are building their webs faster than we can take them down. The only good thing about it is that all the spiders have eaten all the Hobits  ;);D ;D

Tris should count himself lucky that Hardy let him go. :o8)

Thanks lads...

Sounds like Canada is NOT the place to be if you have arachnophobia then  :o

So... I'm still stumped... anyone know what he/she is ??? 0 the only one he looks like on the link Scott posted says they only grow to 4mm... some of the 'big boys' in his gang must be 8-10mm across their backs  :o

Looks like a baby Cross-Bearing spider which make an appearance in the Autumn generally.

I have two that insist on building webs on my wing mirrors - one to each car.  Unfortunately one of them managed to builld a web INSIDE the Zafira.  Now I am not as terrified of spiders as I used to be, fortunately, but having a spider traversing from sunblind to sunblind while I am driving and then dangling in front of my face while heading for the steering column...

I finally managed to evict it in a car park.  Little devil did not want to leave and it took me 15 minutes to finally do the deed.

Thanks for the compliments chaps... I'm not sure I have found out what he is yet... I don't think he is a cross-bearing really  :-\

I'm going to find a nature forum and post a pic there... we'll get some questions answered hopefully  :-\

SIMON M.... I was never really scared of spiders.. although they have never been my favourite creepy crawly - after studyng 'Hardy' and his brothers - I fine them more fascinating than scary now.... but I will say.... they do look pretty grewsome close up - especially when you see them eating...

If you touch them with your fingers their first reaction is to frame up to you - how hard is that  :o