Simons New Holland TM 155 - FINISHED??? Almost!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awfull absolutely awfull, from where i'm sitting the colours all wrong , too blue it should be red , i think the wheels & cab could do with a bit more silver, & you dont spell massey ferguson like you have on that decal !

however if it really was a NH you were recreating , it looks a top model , very worth the time spent on it, well done simon , good topic to follow with a great result to finish with :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all....even Marcus  ::)

And to young Marc, she'll certainly get a trailer but it will be an English one, most likely an AW  ;) I'll let you know when I get that far mate  ;)

Thanks Johny, I'll see how the next one goes before we make any firm judgements mate, might be a flash in the pan  ;):D

It wasn't particularly simple John, you're right. I think I may have been a little optimistic when I started it!  :D

I would like to get a few bits finished off on it fairly pronto and then if anyone would like to find a home for it for a while on a display at Spalding I'd be happy to put it out there for anyone to have a look at and comment on in the flesh.....

Once again, thanks all. Especially Barry who has been enthusiastic to the point of becoming creepy  ;):D :D

Cheers Rhys... I don't have a lot left to do and as I see it it's as follows....

New exhaust, the one that's there isn't quite right...

Numberplate on the back

Grab rails inside the doors and back window

File the face off the work lamps to tidy them up

Touch up the paint & a bit of weathering

Radio & CD aerials

I need to get those bits wrapped up over the next few weeks when I find a minute, then it'll be on to something else....  ;)

and score some lines down the end of the bonnet to make a vent or did the 155's not have that  :-\ :D

They did Muzza but I'm not sure how to go about that yet. I was thinking of cutting out a square section from the bonnet somehow and using some stocking nylon, sprayed blue and fixed to a section of styrene and stuck back in.... but I only have one bonnet and didn't want to risk buggering it up, so the vent grille may not happen!

Thanks buddy!

Well, it looks like I'll be able to palm it off on Leverets to display at Spalding, so it will be all finished and ready for Barry to steal!  :D :D

Yup, it will form part of the contractors' fleet who will be in doing some work for the day  :)