Simons New Holland TM 155 - FINISHED??? Almost!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Barry, if my finish was better it would be.... the theory's there but the exectution is a bit hit and miss....  ;):D

Photos on their way Marcus.... thanks mate....

Had a crack at the cab glazing last night, which I suppose is what all this work to the cab frame has been leading up to. Unfortunately I got a bit of glue splodged round and about but it's close. Also had a fiddle about with the floorpan levels and the mudguard extensions.

I've got to go to a meeting now but will post the photos when I get back... ;)

Cheers Adam, Colm.

I need to go round all the cab now and get the snots off, fine rub the ripples and touch it up. I'm going to groove out between the door and side windows with my styrene cutter to clean it up, then have the hinge plates to fix which I'll probably do in the black styrene for ease [and no need to paint] then it's grab rails on the inside and then the cab frame will be about finished.

It's bloody slow going isn't it!!!!  :D :D

Little bit more last night..... stuck a few levers in the cab to 'represent' the spools and gear shift....

Also made the patch fittings for the door hinges and stuck the door handles on....

I've got to do the interior grab rails and then give it all a go over with fine paper and touch it up.

post-1414-132638969449_thumb.jpg

post-1414-13263896946_thumb.jpg

Cheers Dan, it's coming along slowly. Finish is a bit dicey in places but it's one big experiment really so most things are getting done a couple of times to see how I can do them. I've only got one set of parts so once something's been pulled apart once it's not going to be as good but unfortunately it's all I got!

Will look better when I clean all the swarf and filings off it... will take some photos outside without the flash when it's done which will hopefully fool you all into thinking it looks good  ;):D :D

I dread looking at this damn topic  :'( :'(

Simon I hate you  ;)

Nothing else to add mate  ;)

Thanks Barry.... I hate you too.... think of this as payback for walking round with that tray of Counties at Spalding..... I've not forgotten... ;):D Maybe I could sell it to you when I've finished.... ;)

looking good simon ;) ;)

Cheers Pete, I'm trying mate!

Yes Simon like i said before,definitely on the right direction ,bloody stunning mate  :);)

Thank you kindly.... I should be doing the house this evening but I just may do a bit more on this instead....  ;)

I'd forgotten about those counties  :D :D

ps Simon I love you I want to have your babies  :-*:-*

How jolly exciting.... wonder what they'd look like....  ???:D