Simons New Holland TM 155 - FINISHED??? Almost!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks gents, she's nearly done, had a mail from Paul to say the decals are en-route so that's exciting.... have fitted all the field lights to the front of the cab and the 2 top ones on the back, have the tail lights and mudguard mounted lamps to do, number plate, wipers and a bit of detailing / tidying up with sandpaper & paint brush....

Should be finished before Christmas.... phewwww, nearly there... :D

Think next up I'll do something simple, probably the Ertl 3350.... Mrs H would probably like me to take a break but I don't fancy one just yet!  :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

WEEELLLLLLL!!!!!

I had a little go at this thing last night and it is.... to all intents and purposes.... pretty well finished.

I've got to fit the grab rails inside the doors and the back window, they're made and part way through painting.... and I need to stick a number plate on it and do a bit of necessary weathering to hide the rough bits.... of which there are plenty.

It seems that with every bit I do it looks even more scruffy!!!!

The exhaust will possibly get replaced, it was a quick one whipped up out of a 5" nail without the benefit of a grinder so it's not a great shape. I'm hugely cheesed off with the field lights, they're just too fiddly for me to make so I would like to replace them with something 'proper' made by someone else. The cab roof is a bit lumpy but it's been sanded that much now I think I would need to start again with a new one to get it right.

A lot of my problems have come from not having a clue what I'm doing until I've done it a couple of times, notably painting and the scratch built parts. Hopefully now I know my limitations and a few more tricks, the next one will be better.....

Thanks to Paul for the parts and decals, and everyone else for their advice and encouragement.....

ANYWAY, I'll shut up now or Barry will no doubt get cross.... here you go....

post-1414-132638993186_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638993194_thumb.jpg

Couple more....

The exhaust is a bit squiffy.... it looks worse in the photos than it does on the table but it's too short and the top section should be slimmer than the rest. I will sort that out now that I can make a bit of noise.....

post-1414-132638993226_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638993234_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't go that far Pete but I think it's an acceptable first attempt!!!  :D :D :D :D

Thanks though mate, if it wasn't for all the interest here I would probably have stuffed it unfinished in the back of a cupboard ages ago!  ::):D

I wouldn't go that far Pete but I think it's an acceptable first attempt!!!  :D :D :D :D

Thanks though mate, if it wasn't for all the interest here I would probably have stuffed it unfinished in the back of a cupboard ages ago!  ::):D

Honest mate you have done a great job with the TM.So what's next  :) :)

Thanks Pete, I'm happy enough with it, it will be fine for my layout when it gets going.

Not sure what to do next, I'll probably get a couple on the go, really want to set about the combine and the Manitou, but I have lots of tractors I want to have a fiddle at, notably Deere 3350, 2140 & 6410, Ford TW15, 7810, TS115, MF 3085, 6280.... lots of classics  ;)

Tell you what mate, there aren't many who could achieve such a good job for a first attempt!

Well done mate, are you taking orders?  ;)

Only from my wife....  ::):D :D

Thanks Jez.... I'm wondering whether I should have butchered a JD for my first attempt rather than a blue one though  :D :D :D :D

Blah blah blah stop wittering man  ;)

Pictures speak louder than words which in your case is just as well  ;)

I would go as far to say from here it looks......

Kin awesome matey  ;)

Now in future type as little as possible and just post the pics up  ;)

Love you  :-*:-* :-*:-*

Now I'm coming to get it...wheres that damn cottage with the crud beamer parked outside :D :D