Simons New Holland TM 155 - FINISHED??? Almost!!!

I will Pete, just another night....  ;)

Corrrr Simon that stunning mate, now can you do a Jd after this  :D :D :D;):)

I think that's what might happen Ad, think I'm going to give a 3350 a going over, should be a lot simpler than this one.... ;)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers lads.... you spotted the side panels then Tris, good man... ;) Might even file off the little handles that are on there and make some proper ones....

Look forward to seeing yours Joe.... almost as much as I'm looking forward to seeing Barry and Colm wearing codpieces and rolling around in flour  ;):D :D :D I won't have any lethal weapons in this fight though Colm, you leave Ben's wallet in that laser alarm protected strong room where it belongs... ;)

I've got the blue and white Ford NH paint, just need to get some 'adhesion promoter' primer to to the ABS sections before I paint them.

There's a little bit more detailing to do, pedals, interior grab rails and paint, wipers, work and tail lights, then I think it's just the final rub down and spray.... hell, I'm almost there!!  :o:D :D

The I can drag something out of a box and see what she looks like working.... I could start to get a bit excited about that you know  ;);D

Wonder what I should do next, s'pose I ought to set about the combine really... ::);)

I recon a County should be your next challenge Simon  ;)

As for tightwads wallet you have no chance however I did hear today that Gordon Brown has put out a reward to anyone who can break into it as the contents will aid the worldwide financial climit  ;)

Or a whopping TW  ;) come on you know you want to  ;)

Brian Norman has just put the bits by for you  ;)

The Dominator is leading the charge at the moment, although I would like to get a quick and easy spruce up under my belt, hence the Ertl 3350 [eeeewwww] is looking likely, that should only take a week or two... ::):D

Would like to do a big Ford... I'm thinking 2wd bubble cab 7710 though or something, if I do a TW I'll be comparing it to Mark's project TW35 and then I'll never be happy!!  :D :D

Having said that.... an 1884 is tempting.... ;)

I thought they'd just called all the chief execs of the world's banks together, thrown Ben's wallet on the floor and told them to fight amongst themselves, whoever gets into it can buy all the other banks out and we'll all be saved....  ???

The Dominator is leading the charge at the moment, although I would like to get a quick and easy spruce up under my belt, hence the Ertl 3350 [eeeewwww] is looking likely, that should only take a week or two... ::):D

Would like to do a big Ford... I'm thinking 2wd bubble cab 7710 though or something, if I do a TW I'll be comparing it to Mark's project TW35 and then I'll never be happy!!  :D :D

Having said that.... an 1884 is tempting.... ;)

I thought they'd just called all the chief execs of the world's banks together, thrown Ben's wallet on the floor and told them to fight amongst themselves, whoever gets into it can buy all the other banks out and we'll all be saved....  ???

;D Very good!

Dominator sounds good to me ;)

all looks well simon , glad to see pics of the build bit by bit , unfortunately my conversions look thrown together , because they are thrown together , good to see some thought & patience going into this , will finish up as a cracker mate , as for the next build ? how about a bubble cabbed TW30, thats not like mark's at all ,different colour,different cab, would be great to one of those old girls about  :)

Thanks Marcus, and the TW might have potential .... ;)

I'm trying to get some colour on it as we speak. Can't get the bloody 'ford grey' to run through the airbrush, the blue's gone on the floorpan and roof panel OK, once it's cured I'll rub it down and give it another 2 coats. Might have to resort to a tin of aerosol from Murley's to do the wheels.....

This is looking a little thrown together, I keep spotting things I should have done differently but hey ho, it's a first attempt, should get better from here on in!!  :D

Think that's what I'm going to have to resort to Mark, going to pick up a tin of each from Murley tomorrow, will be passing nearby....

Has anyone used this 'adhesion promoter' primer for ABS before and can you give me a brand name or something to look for?

Ok, things looking good for a big finish before Christmas.... picked up some NH [Millenium] Blue, NH Bianca White and plastic primer aerosols this morning.

I'm going to rub down everything which I've painted already and give it a coat of plastic primer and then a couple of blue to try to get a finish on it which won't flake off.... then it's decals and... er... I can twiddle my thumbs for a bit.... or start something else  ;)

What a bunch of ar*e getting the paint on turned out to be  :o

The various plastics have reacted with the various paints in various different ways.... kind of like a Rubik cube... get one side right and then realise everything else is kack!

The primer I used on the bare [rubbed down] bonnet went on a treat, dried quickly and took a coat of the NH aerosol really well, can definitely recommend that method.... for those interested the paint is Holts Plastic Primer [clear], think the code is L118....

Finish is a bit 'matt' but hopefully another couple of blue and maybe some cutting back / laquer will get it nice...

Roof panel looked OK this morning so I think that can just have a fine sand and a couple more coats.

The floorpan is giving me the biggest headache, although I'm hoping that where it wrinkled I can sand that back and get another couple of coats of blue onto it and make it work...

My next major job is to build an exhaust for it.... anyone got any suggestions as to where I should start ??? I did fudge something up from the MC exhaust but it was too 'thick'.... the NH one is quite dainty and with the mesh heat shield round it....

I've also got to put the grill on the bonnet. I'm thinking at the moment that masking off a square before I coat up the bonnet will leave me a shallow depression [like the one I'm in with the paint] and then I can stick a small section of ladies tights material in there to get the texture, and spray over it. The alternative is cut a section out the bonnet and make a new section to slot in there with the nylons already stuck round it..... hmmmm, this may or may not work....

When I find my charger I'll put a few more photos up.... starting to look like a finished TM now.... ;)

What a bunch of ar*e getting the paint on turned out to be  :o

The various plastics have reacted with the various paints in various different ways.... kind of like a Rubik cube... get one side right and then realise everything else is kack!

The primer I used on the bare [rubbed down] bonnet went on a treat, dried quickly and took a coat of the NH aerosol really well, can definitely recommend that method.... for those interested the paint is Holts Plastic Primer [clear], think the code is L118....

Finish is a bit 'matt' but hopefully another couple of blue and maybe some cutting back / laquer will get it nice...

Roof panel looked OK this morning so I think that can just have a fine sand and a couple more coats.

The floorpan is giving me the biggest headache, although I'm hoping that where it wrinkled I can sand that back and get another couple of coats of blue onto it and make it work...

My next major job is to build an exhaust for it.... anyone got any suggestions as to where I should start ??? I did fudge something up from the MC exhaust but it was too 'thick'.... the NH one is quite dainty and with the mesh heat shield round it....

I've also got to put the grill on the bonnet. I'm thinking at the moment that masking off a square before I coat up the bonnet will leave me a shallow depression [like the one I'm in with the paint] and then I can stick a small section of ladies tights material in there to get the texture, and spray over it. The alternative is cut a section out the bonnet and make a new section to slot in there with the nylons already stuck round it..... hmmmm, this may or may not work....

When I find my charger I'll put a few more photos up.... starting to look like a finished TM now.... ;)

Sod the charger man...just get them uploaded now  :'( :'(