Simons New Holland TM 155 - FINISHED??? Almost!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was it nice and warm where you painted simon??? needs to be, plus heat the paint to, i usally put mine in a bucket of hot water this time of year for 5 mins plus, then give it the 2 min shake before using, ,keep the shed hot, and go from there

That has occurred to me as probably fairly key Sean... I've had the bits by the rayburn to get some heat into them before spraying, I haven't warmed the paint though, will try that. The underfloor heating is on in the utility but as I haven't sealed round the doors and windows yet it's bloody cold! I do put the sprayed bits by the stove to kick off the curing process for an hour or so afterwards..... Unfortunately Mrs H would probably wrap everything round my head if I tried spraying in the kitchen  ;):D :D

if they are to close that will peal/crackle the paint when fresh, i found that out when i left the light on the marhsall chassis, it cause the crackle effect,

best way is a warm room, and warmed /well shaken paint, well this time of the year anyway,your lucky you can spray inside, mrs p would kill me doing that, even with a air brush :D :D :D cold shed for me all year round

Hurrah!!! Thanks to Sean's top tip and a bit of patience with some fine sand paper, I've finally started to get a finish on it  :o;D ;D Thanks Sean  :-*. So far the bonnet and floorpan have had 2 coats each, it says on the tin to let it go touch dry between coats, it's nice and warm in here [Mrs H is away this evening so I've de-camped to the kitchen  ;):D] so I should be able to get a full 4 coats on it this evening.

AND I've found my camera charger so I can make uncle Barry feel all unneccessary later on  ;):D

What sort of post was that  :'( :'( :'(

Just peeked at unreads and saw Simon as last posted on this topic and Oh yeah at last tightwad senior has finally uploaded some finished pics.....

But no  :( :( :(

:D I did the same!

They're coming, they're coming....  :D;) The camera's charging, the floorpan and bonnet are PAINTED  :o :o and I'm just doing the roof panel and wheels.... oooh it's so exciting.... the paint's so SMOOOOOOOTH Barries.... you should feel it ....  :D :D :D

Almost, it's pretty well all assembled, just put the black hub centres in.... waiting for the clear sheet to dry so I can put the indicator and side light lenses on the front....  ;)

Can you wait any longer  ???:o:D :D :D

Thanks mate!  ;D It's a bit rougher than I'd hope future attempts to be but it's dragging on now and there's a danger I could lose enthusiasm, so it's either cut on and wrap it up or leave it unfinished in a corner for years... I think 14 odd pages is plenty for a tractor conversion topic!!!  :D :D :D I'll dirty it up to hide the over paint and rough edges  ;):D

I've got the indicator / sidelight lenses on the casings on the grab rails now, will stick some pics up tomorrow. Again, not perfect but up there with an RC2 attempt!!  :D :D

I'll fill you in on what I've done to it tomorrow, things like the rear hub centres, tried painting them but abandoned that idea and made them with black styrene and a hole punch in the end!

All that's left now so far as I can see are front & rear wiper arms, front & rear field lights, exhaust and decals. Have the MTX pedals which I'll stick inside the cab but beyond that I can't see a lot else.... anyone spot anything I've missed...  ???

It does need a West spreader Barry...  ;)

Cheers Paul, it's been a learning curve that's for sure! I'm looking forward to getting it outside to take some photos without the flash, all the dust and wrinkles are reflecting and making it look even more of a turd than it really is  ;):D :D

Anywho, couple more. Had an email from Paul and he has the decals so they'll be winging their way to me shortly no doubt  ;D thanks Paul  ;);D

post-1414-132638977002_thumb.jpg

post-1414-13263897704_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate!  ;D It's a bit rougher than I'd hope future attempts to be but it's dragging on now and there's a danger I could lose enthusiasm, so it's either cut on and wrap it up or leave it unfinished in a corner for years... I think 14 odd pages is plenty for a tractor conversion topic!!!  :D :D :D I'll dirty it up to hide the over paint and rough edges  ;):D

I've got the indicator / sidelight lenses on the casings on the grab rails now, will stick some pics up tomorrow. Again, not perfect but up there with an RC2 attempt!!  :D :D

I'll fill you in on what I've done to it tomorrow, things like the rear hub centres, tried painting them but abandoned that idea and made them with black styrene and a hole punch in the end!

All that's left now so far as I can see are front & rear wiper arms, front & rear field lights, exhaust and decals. Have the MTX pedals which I'll stick inside the cab but beyond that I can't see a lot else.... anyone spot anything I've missed...  ???

yip!!!cab aerial ;D ;D ;D