Marston 22 ton trailer

Hi chaps,

Just finished my latest convo, this time it's a Marston 22 ton trailer I think,  could be 26 ton as them britains trailers are a little large ???.  Was a pain in the arse to make but I think it looks ok. Anyway as you can see from the pics made it into a tri axle and also made it so you can remove the silage sides and tail gate for when grain carting etc, :D Also added a few little extras like Air brake lines and hoses, hydraulic hoses and a few more lights. The pics will explain it better than me ha ha!. Anyway what do you guys think good or bad I am thinking a little to large perhaps ;D  ???

Cheers

Nathan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigger is better IHP  ;D. These are the best hydraulic rams I have ever had on a marston trailer. They go up and down easily without sticking and they stay up aswell. Can't ask for anymore ha ha!

Aye some new wheels is whats really needed. Like IHP says Trelles or something like that.

Could do with one of them big birds with cocker spaniel **** to stop it doing wheelies down the road. What was she like on your Ford 6700 FP. ?;D;)

30 cubic metres of grain weighs 18,600 kg and 30 cubes of tatties weigh 20,970 kg. ?;)

Nathan

Front axle broke on the tractor!

Some weight in the trailer then when it's full then, do they have them that big in the real world? its close to the length of an artic trailer @ 12 metres long, thats BIG!

Aye some new wheels is whats really needed. Like IHP says Trelles or something like that.

Could do with one of them big birds with cocker spaniel **** to stop it doing wheelies down the road. What was she like on your Ford 6700 FP.  ;D;)

30 cubic metres of grain weighs 18,600 kg and 30 cubes of tatties weigh 20,970 kg.  ;)

Nathan

if you want to sell the old ones to justify the cost of upgrade..... hint

heck they'd better raise the RAF low flying limit with that thing tipping? .nice model though nathan,what did you use to bond both halfs together on the metal bodys?

Hope it wasn't the same glue that was used on the vacuum tanker!!

My poor trailer ha ha! your only jealous cause mine is bigger than yours  :D.  Worked it out to be approximately 28 tons with a full load of grain or tatties so it still is life like so to speak I know Richard Wooton once did a 26 ton. Would  probably be a bit large with silage sides on though about 40 ton ha ha! was never meant for that though in the first place.

Used Epoxy to stick it altogether and it is fairly solid as you can see from the pics can hold it own weight. I strengthened both the trailer body and chassis though quite a bit.

Yes it is Dave's tattie harvester in the background. Excellent model by the way well worth the ?55 I think. Handles my GM crop which are actually mangolds  ;) very well.

Nathan

• 5 months later...

Nathen, nice looking trailer but i would have made it 1 or 2 sections shorter to make it like the Easterby Beet Heeper trailer as the body is nearly too long for the chassie as it looks like it would bend under full load in real life, but then u have made a much better job than i could have done, keep up the good work! sparrow legs.