The Aughton Valley Collection

the fiat 880 with the modern cab looks nice david,a farmer had one of these in a village about 3 miles from where i live

It's a very smart little tractor Paul, really enjoying gathering up these older Fiats that Replicagri are making such a fine effort at producing. I'd dearly love to see models of a 2wd terracotta 880 and an F series tractor, preferabley an F-130, because of childhood memories I have of the real machines working locally. :)

I'm certainly enjoying all these classic era releases Justin, much more my cup of tea. Whilst I do have quite a few modern machines in my collection that fill out certain themes I much prefer the styling of these older tractors and they also remind me of tractors I used to see as a kid growing up in the eighties.

Speaking of the Repliagri Fiat 1300 and Schuco International 1455XL I came home with both those models today and both look the business, i've no complaints with either. :)

Yeah,thats amazing! :of We are really thinking along the same lines so. The Fiat 1300 i want badly. 2 nearby farms still  both have  Fiat 1000 Supers from new & there is another 2 kept by vintage collectors localy. All are mint & can be seen carting silage in the summer months. Drove 1 of em one summer at silage & she was some yoke to pull & very reliable. The 1300 is nearest thing to one in model form for now. They were a very popular tractor in my neck of the woods for contractors using them to cut & pick up silage years ago.  :)On Youtube you well see 2 of the local 1000s & myself driving a Ford Pre Force 2000 under (DRIPSEY VINTAGE RUN 09) posted by Sirwillum! Check out his other vids also. They are class. ;D

Yeah,thats amazing! :of We are really thinking along the same lines so. The Fiat 1300 i want badly. 2 nearby farms still  both have  Fiat 1000 Supers from new & there is another 2 kept by vintage collectors localy. All are mint & can be seen carting silage in the summer months. Drove 1 of em one summer at silage & she was some yoke to pull & very reliable. The 1300 is nearest thing to one in model form for now. They were a very popular tractor in my neck of the woods for contractors using them to cut & pick up silage years ago.  :)On Youtube you well see 2 of the local 1000s & myself driving a Ford Pre Force 2000 under (DRIPSEY VINTAGE RUN 09) posted by Sirwillum! Check out his other vids also. They are class. ;D

I'll have to have a look see Justin and great to hear about your own memories of some of these older classic too. It's mostly the 90 series Fiats I remember as a child with a number of local farms and contractors operating them. Replicagri are supposed to be releasing a cabless 1000DT, hopefully given the two versions of the 880DT they have produced we also see a cabbed version too. It's certainly a part of my collection i'm very keen to add to.

Wouldn't mind seeing one of these also, a 45-66, having photographed this immaculate example at the British National Ploughing Championships last year.

DSC09446.jpg

Nice pic. Plenty 90 series around here also & Winnner series. My uncle actully has a rare 85-90. Fiats & Fords were the main tractors in my area for a long time. Now its NHs,JDs & Valtras. If Replicagri realise the cabless 1000,im getting toughts of doing a conversion. Maybe slap the 1300 cab on it & ill have what i want maybe. ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Nice picture. Plenty 90 series around here also & Winnner series. My uncle actully has a rare 85-90. Fiats & Fords were the main tractors in my area for a long time. Now its NHs,JDs & Valtras. If Replicagri realise the cabless 1000,im getting toughts of doing a conversion. Maybe slap the 1300 cab on it & ill have what i want maybe. ;D

Thanks Justin. Wow you learn something new everyday, never heard of an 85-90 before. There's still a couple of Fiat Winner series machines operating around the area I live but I haven't seen a 90 series Fiat working in a very long time. If you do decide to do a conversion on the upcoming 1000DT I'll really look forward to seeing it in due course. :)

Here's the 1300DT posing on the back door step.

P1090495.jpg

P1090496.jpg

P1090497.jpg

Whilst here's the rest of my miniature terracotta collection from Replicagri and ROS.

P1090500.jpg

P1090501.jpg

All set for some top work. My 110-90 fitted with it's removable duals, front linkage and weight block from a ROS T7000 series New Holland

P1090502.jpg

Followed by it's bigger dual wheeled older brother.

P1090504.jpg

....not forgetting the blue one too.

P1090507.jpg

Final two residing in my Fiatagri collection are these toys from Siku and Ertl. The little L75 will definitely remain displayed alongside the rest as I haven't seen that many around. The big G240's days on the other hand are numbered in light of the ROS example that's due to be released in the not too distant future.

P1090499.jpg

P1090498.jpg

Next up from my recent purchases a model i've craved for a while now. I definitely started behaving like a hyperactive kid at Christmas when it was announced the Plow City edition John Deere for this year would be an 8850, what a beauty. :)

Here it is in all it's glory flanked by my two other Plow City John Deeres residing in my ( far from complete ) collection. On the right is the 8640 which also came with a 1/64th scale model of the same tractor, whilst on the left is the more modern 8760. You only have to look a Brian's ( Mr Softie ) fine collection to note i've still several others to collect.

P1090509.jpg

P1090510.jpg

P1090511.jpg

I wonder in which direction they'll head next when it comes to announcing next year's Plow City model. Older, towards the Wagner based WA series tractors? Or a more modern take? A detailed 9300 would go down a treat too for an avid articulated tractor fan such as myself. I await next year's release with much anticipation. :) 

Love those Fiats David. The Replicagri 110-90 & 100-90 look to be nicer models than the MADFORMODELS 110-90 version i have. Never seen the Replicagri version up close, so thanks for sharing them pics. I got the 880 sence i was last posting you &  love it.  Also got an obsolete ROS 180-90 1/16 scale. Still waiting on the 1300 tough. ROS are also realising a G240 soon i think. Looking forward to that model also. ;):)

Love those Fiats David. The Replicagri 110-90 & 100-90 look to be nicer models than the MADFORMODELS 110-90 version i have. Never seen the Replicagri version up close, so thanks for sharing them pictures. I got the 880 sence i was last posting you &  love it.  Also got an obsolete ROS 180-90 1/16 scale. Still waiting on the 1300 tough. ROS are also realising a G240 soon i think. Looking forward to that model also. ;):)

You're welcome Justin, it was nice have them all out from the cabinet they live to photograph, the Repliagri versions certainly make for a lovely line up. They're definitely some of my favourites from my collection. That said it's the big dual wheeled 180-90 that puts the biggest smile on my face.

The 1300 is a fantastic model, very pleased to now have one. But I do have one minor irritation with it, those plastic rear mudguards. They just look tacky and a bit out of place on a really well detailed model such as this. Still it's another lovely classic so i'm not complaining too much. I await the G240 with interest, until then the old Ertl "sand pit" version will keep it's place in the cabinet for the time being. :)

That's a fine collection of JD artics, David. Quite authentic for many a farm with strong JD blood on the grain trail of the USA too  8) 8)

Thanks Tris, enjoyed lining them up for a little photo shoot. I currently have seven 1/32nd scale John Deere articulated tractors in my collection. However it's these three Sound Guard cabbed examples i'm most fond of. As kid I used have one of the "rigid" battery operated 60 series tractors ( the type Pete a.k.a MPR Models made such an wonderful job of converting ) so I was really pleased when they announced a proper model of this tractor last year to go alongside the more rounded older models. It's part of my collection i'd really like to add to in the future as I know i'm missing several other Sound Guard models previously released. :) 

I wonder in which direction they'll head next when it comes to announcing next year's Plow City model. Older, towards the Wagner based WA series tractors? Or a more modern take? A detailed 9300 would go down a treat too for an avid articulated tractor fan such as myself. I await next year's release with much anticipation. :)

i wouldnt hold my breathe for a 9300 looking on past sg2 artics that they have covered for plow city they still have the 70 series to cover which is the same casting as the 60 series artics mind you id love to see a 4850 / 4955 apeer as a 1/32 plow city as they were used in america

excellent collection david and keep the green`s coming

i wouldnt hold my breathe for a 9300 looking on past sg2 artics that they have covered for plow city they still have the 70 series to cover which is the same casting as the 60 series artics mind you id love to see a 4850 / 4955 apeer as a 1/32 plow city as they were used in america

excellent collection david and keep the green`s coming

Thanks ever so much Brian. Your collection has been a fanatastic reference point particularly regards all the different John Deere articulated models that are out there. A 70 series tractor would be great, but if and when they do, I really hope they make an effort to differentiate it from the 8760 rather than just change the decals. With a bit of luck we'll get a big 8970 on triples.....please RC2. :)

Echo your comments regards the big rigids too Brian, make mine a 4630 2wd to add to your suggested 4850 and 4955. :) 

Nice collection David

I like the line up of the JD´s and also a line up of the JCB tractors you have posted a whole lot a time ago!

Regards Johny ;)

Thanks Johny. Enjoyed having the John Deeres out of their cabinet and lined up. Again my collection of JCB Fastracs is far from complete. I'll have to keep an eye out for those missing if I manage to get to Spalding again in October. It's another theme i'm pleased to have gathered up in the past few years. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to photographing a pair of models I bought a little while ago now and also the most recent addition to my collection, a baby 1/43rd Ertl Ford.

First up Schuco's effort at miniaturising the International 1455XL.

P1100528.jpg

P1100529.jpg

P1100540.jpg

Secondly the Rickerby edition Claas Arion 640 from Universal Hobbies. Number 665 of 1000.

P1100533.jpg

P1100535.jpg

Lastly from Ertl, a 1/43rd scale Ford 961 Powermaster. Not the most exciting model but it fills another gap the longest running part of my collection. Back when I was carpet farming I stumbled across these baby Ertl vintage and classic 1/43rd scale tractors at a local model shop and with a little bit of help from Mum and Dad began gathering them up. I've now amassed just over twenty of them but it's taken me over twenty years to do so. Whilst my 1/32nd "toys" headed towards carboot sale dispersal I never once considered selling any of these rugged little models which now sit alongside my rejuvanated 1/32nd scale tractors in my cabinets.

P1100538.jpg 

the international,looks a very good model david,some more nice additions

Thanks Paul. Delighted with the big International, despite a few very small areas of rough paint finish. Whilst there are a number modern tractors models out there i'd like to add to my collection i'm definitely going to be focusing the majority of my attention collecting any classic realeases from now on. :)

That 1455XL looks superb, is it a heavy model David or does require a light hand to hold?

It's certainly very pleasing on the eye Tris. As i've mentioned many times before give me the styling of these classic era tractors over and above any of the modern machines. It's very light in my opinion. In fact it's feather light compared to the Universal Hobbies Arion which feels heavier than most models I have of a similar size. I'm now really looking forward to the big Deutz DX230 and John Deere 3120 they're due to release in the not too distant future. However still topping my list of favourite Schuco classics is the big Fendt 626LSA which I bought from Spalding earlier in the year. :)