The Aughton Valley Collection

some fantastic models judging from your pictures David, i am really looking forward to add these to my collection as well (no surprise there, but i have been skipping most of the latest new releases and been concentrating more on DBP and G&B models creations that rock my boat much more then the UH releases for instance.

Despite some minor issues, i'm very impressed with them Wil and they are great value for money. Like wise i'm much more interested these days in focusing my efforts on purchasing any DBP, G & B, fully built up Scaledown kits and custom built conversions to add to my collection as they put the biggest smile on my face. However I was very keen to purchase the two Britains Fords as they fit in perfectly with my ever growing classic era collection. :)

very good models from britains there david

Very pleased with them Paul, Britains have produced two decent functional toys / models. I drove a 7600 at the agricultural college I attended around ten years ago so it's nice to have one in my collection.

Despite some minor issues, i'm very impressed with them Wil and they are great value for money. Like wise i'm much more interested these days in focusing my efforts on purchasing any DBP, G & B, fully built up Scaledown kits and custom built conversions to add to my collection as they put the biggest smile on my face. However I was very keen to purchase the two Britains Fords as they fit in perfectly with my ever growing classic era collection. :)

Very pleased with them Paul, Britains have produced two decent functional toys / models. I drove a 7600 at the agricultural college I attended around ten years ago so it's nice to have one in my collection.

Thanks for sharing those pics David. Mine are due soon. Cant wait. Good to see Britains sorted the steering & the hitch. 8)

Thanks for sharing those pics David. Mine are due soon. Cant wait. Good to see Britains sorted the steering & the hitch. 8)

You're very welcome Justin. They're certainly much nicer than Britains last attempts to create a set of classic era Ford tractors. I've decided to keep an eye out for some tidy older Britains implements to photograph these and some of my other miniature classics with, especially given how well the new rear hitches work on both my tractors. They both hold implements raised securely without the hint of doing a "wheelie." :)

Many Thanks for the informative reply and extra pics David. Hopefully I'll find some on sale locally soon :)

You're very welcome Mark, glad to have been of some assistance. :)

• 1 month later...

Whilst I haven't been very active on here of late due to lots of things happening at home and work I finally found a few moments tonight to photograph my two most recent additions to my collection.

Starting with another Britains Ford 6600 weathered by Peter Hardy. Having bought and been impressed with the Spalding Show International 956XL Peter completed I was rather chuffed to discover he'd also turned his hand to "dirtying" up another classic era tractor. A must for my collection.

P1190404.jpg

P1190405.jpg

P1190406.jpg

P1190407.jpg

P1190408.jpg

• Like 1

One of the more modern themes I've chosen to keep and pursue is the Massey Ferguson 8200 series tractors whether they be any Siku variations or conversions. I've recently added this 2002 LCN Zwolle Show model of the 8270 Xtra to this particular line up.

P1190409.jpg

P1190410.jpg

P1190411.jpg

Lined up together with my standard 8280 Xtra with additonal weight block and my Peter Hardy "pimped" 8270 Xtra with duals all around.

P1190412.jpg

• 5 months later...

have you not got any new pics?come on david it has been to long, i know you have a lot of new additions. dont be shy, lets see them mate...

As soon as I can get back down to my parents to have another go at setting up my cabinets Chris expect a bumper photographic update on the 25 models i've added recently, how it's laid out and several forthcoming plans too. :);)

I spent all of last saturday just before attending the Lakeland Show preparing the two rooms I now have down at my Mum and Dad's bungalow in Sheffield, it was great to be reaquainted with my collection and great to finally make a start on reassembling everything just the way i'd like. Must admit i'm rather excited at the amount of space I have to play with now. So far I've only filled one of my larger cabinets with most of my Ford and Ford conversions and associated models, but I didn't take any photographs as it looks like organised chaos at the moment. This cabinet will alter again when I next visit. I've sold my yellow Imber 5640 ( there's another gap to fill ) and i've now decided to move my Fiat collection into another cabinet and in light of my recent additions ( and items i've sold ) my Massey Ferguson, Case IH, International and John Deere models will all be housed in their own seperate cabinets. Some of my lesser known makes of articulated tractors will also gain some dedicated cabinet space of there own too.

Even whilst I was there I've thinned out further models that now may not make a reapperance as i'm very determined to stick to my collecting "goals" and most favourite themes. I have some very specific plans and even more specific shopping lists now as I attempt to create my own personal miniature classic tractor heaven. :)

I've also decided to re-christen my collection "The Aughton Valley Collection" in light of where it's now based.  :)    

• Like 1

Here's three photographs of some of my recent additions that are now awaiting their new home.

Zwolle purchases:

P1250972_zpsc7a17d7b.jpg

My Pieter Dijkstra Ford 8830. It's a conversion based on the standard UH version. Pieter has utilised the wheels and tyres from the UH McCormick MTX model to give a much more purposeful stance. I'll have much clearer photographs of this model and the rest including my Autumn Spalding purchases in due course.

P1250974_zps5179c0bc.jpg

My most recent Penrith purchases:

P1260115_zps8188dadd.jpg

• Like 1

Loving Peter's 8830, very jealous mate

I see you picked up what I regard as PDC's best two models EVER :of  Jaxs said I thought you were supposed to sell the models you bought not to put them in the cabinet ;)  Both the 8210 and TW are stunners

Loving Peter's 8830, very jealous mate

I see you picked up what I regard as PDC's best two models EVER :of  Jaxs said I thought you were supposed to sell the models you bought not to put them in the cabinet ;)  Both the 8210 and TW are stunners

Thanks ever so much Bazza. There was no way I was leaving Holland without it having seen it on the friday evening at Zwolle, it was the first model I purchased the next day. I've certainly become a huge fan of Pieter's work, he produces some fabulous conversions that are very reasonabley priced. Whilst I appreciate the original UH 8830 isn't the most accurate of models in the first place I think it's been transformed into a much more purposeful model as a result of the fantastic work Pieter has carried out on this model. It's actually now sat alongside the standard UH version back at Mum and Dad's which i'm now considering either moving on or donating to be modified into a beefed up 8730.

Very impressed with Paul's take on the 8210 and TW-15, superb models that fit perfectly into my collection of classics. Rather chuffed to now have two very different 8210 models from two different custom builders to partner each other on one of my shelves. I certainly have a soft spot for the bubble cabbed 8210, i've photographed quite a few over the years both 4wd and 2wd examples and also remember with great fondness as child the 8210 that harvested potatoes up at my Uncle's farm around 23 years ago.....I thought it looked huge as a tractor mad 6 year old!

IMGfords_0006_zps2d223adc.jpg

IMGfords_0004_zpsd9182e30.jpg

A couple more i've photographed myself in recent years.

P1120230_zps724cb2d3.jpg

P1090045_zpsd7db39ef.jpg

Paul's TW-15 will go alongside this photograph my Dad took of one back in the early '90s. Just need a 1/32nd scale Dowdeswell four furrow reversible to complete the combination.

TW15_0001_zps1ab0243a.jpg

.....one potentially for the future to be miniaturised. :-*

DSC032821_zpsc4b20c22.jpg   

• Like 1

bet you cant wait for britains 2013 release's . i like your 1455's very much . i have the first one (cream one) ,getting the other soon too.just hope they finish off the series .

Thanks ever so much Nathan and you're definitely right there. Whilst i'm certain there will have been collectors out there who thought "not more Fords....Not more TWs" I for one was absolutely ecstatic my favourite range of tractors were being miniaturised even more. Whilst i've been in no rush to purchase the Universal Hobbies general releases of these tractors or the more recent Marge examples it's certainly a theme i'd dearly love to develop further with those models and any conversions and custom built models. Then there's the older Britains examples including the Powerfarm variations which i'm keeping an eye on aswell. I've quite a collection of photographs of variations from the TW range so i'm really looking forward to dedicating some shelf and wall space to display them alongside each other. :)

The same goes for the 1455XL. It's a tractor i'm very fond of in either it's International or Case International clothing and again given the potential variations that are out there i'd absolutely love to put aside a shelf just for this particular tractor. I must have counted well over twenty different conversion variations whilst I was over in Zwolle based around the Schuco variations, and not forgetting the more exclusive Wagenhoff versions too which are high on my shopping list. I currently have four 1455 variations including the two standard Schuco examples.

My other Case IH variation was another conversion I bought from Pieter Dijkstra. He has used the wheels from the UH Claas Ares 836 and also incorporated the front linkage from the Weise Fendt 615 LSA. I'm planning on displaying this tractor with either the concrete weight block from the Fendt or purchase an Agrium front tool box to go with the linkage.

The modified International variation I have was made by Q & Q models. This model is fitted with the earlier style cab from a Replicagri 55 series model. The only small negative with this model is having gone to the trouble of swapping over that particular cab they haven't altered the XL decals on the bonnet. I'm probably going to just colour the X and L in or I may have some new decals made up in due course to match the cab.  

Here's another bubble cabbed blue i'm looking forward to giving a space to in one of my cabinets when I get back down to my parents in the shape of this wonderfully quirky and bold conversion of a Ford TW-20 2wd. It was made by well known East Yorkshire converter and displayer Roy Leetham. Roy builds the majority of his conversions for his own personal collection which he then displays at various shows. I first met Roy and his wife at the Chris Whitehead Memorial show earlier in the year. They're an absolute pleasure to talk to and just like myself Roy certainly enjoys the older classic tractors and this is what he tends to replicate the most when it comes to building models.

At the recent Lakeland Show Roy had decided to move some of his collection and conversions on. When I arrived at his stand the majority of his custom built models had already gone, not surprising given the bargain prices he was offering them at. Being a huge blue fan I couldn't resist the big TW-20. It's made up of various Britains, Ertl and Autodrome parts. I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with this model and so pleased i've been able to add some of Roy's work to my collection. :)

P1260125_zpsf10fb661.jpg

P1260127_zps8141b034.jpg 

• Like 1

loving the updates david mate, they all look superb. can you take some close-ups of the little blue marvel that is sat on the weise 309 box in the pic of your zwolle purchases. i look forward to seeing this little tractor in all its glory. cheers.

Thanks ever so much Chris, appreciated mate. Unfortunately I didn't take any photographs of the latest G & B model prior to taking it down to my parents. However when I return there over Christmas i'll definitely take some decent photographs of it in all it's glory and post a few words on the model too. It is superb, I cannot recommend this model enough, in fact i'll go as far as saying it's my favourite out of the six  G & B models I now own, which give or take the rear wheel weight variations i've noticed between yours and mine, I believe is a full set, unless anyone knows of any others out there. My aim now is to collect a few more Scaledown Roadless Major and Dexta variations to sit  alongside these when my funds allow.  :)

thanks for the reply david. i personally cant recomend the scale down kits enough. they are a first class finish to all the small parts that arrive in the box. i would obviously advise anyone to have a go at building one themselves, they are not as daunting as they may think. but, if you want one pre- built, ken davies or dads tractors are the way forward, to name abut a couple. with reference to dads tractors, i have had a look at their web-site and can honestly say that for the very top class finish on the models for the money they are charging is excepional value for money. some of the models that are for sale are some that i have made and i know for a fact how long they take to build and can say that these models are worth a look. for example david, the doe tripple d new performance i have just added to my own page took me 10 hours all added together, and i have had to invest in a good few tools, airbrush etc. ;)

thanks for the reply david. i personally cant recomend the scale down kits enough. they are a first class finish to all the small parts that arrive in the box. i would obviously advise anyone to have a go at building one themselves, they are not as daunting as they may think. but, if you want one pre- built, ken davies or dads tractors are the way forward, to name abut a couple. with reference to dads tractors, i have had a look at their web-site and can honestly say that for the very top class finish on the models for the money they are charging is excepional value for money. some of the models that are for sale are some that i have made and i know for a fact how long they take to build and can say that these models are worth a look. for example david, the doe tripple d new performance i have just added to my own page took me 10 hours all added together, and i have had to invest in a good few tools, airbrush etc. ;)

You're very welcome Chris, and likewise regards the Scaledown kits. Mine will definitely be bought fully built up as I really don't have the patience but thoroughly enjoy having the work and craftsmanship of those that do sat in my cabinets. My Roadless Ploughmaster 6/4 came from Ken Davies, beautifully built up model, so i'll probably end up purchasing most of them through him. That said I very nearly bought a brilliantly modified 6 cylinder Scaledown Fordson Major with reinforced rear wheels from Dads Tractors at Spalding either earlier in the year or at last Autumn's show and given the fact I really enjoy supporting anyone who builds bespoke models i'm sure i'll end up buying something from them aswell. :)    

• 3 weeks later...

Whilst I didn't receive any model related presents from Santa this year i've still been able behave like a big kid at Christmas having spent the last few days down at my Parent's bungalow near Sheffield, where my collection is now kept. Whilst it's still very much a "work in progress" it's been great to finally set most of my cabinets back up having moved all of my models down with Mum and Dad back in July. It's also been fantastic to have a proper look through and incorporate all of the models I brought back with me from the Spalding Autumn Show, Zwolle and The Lakeland Show.

Introducing "The Aughton Valley Collection." 

Being a big blue fan it was understandable that the first cabinet to garner my attention was the one housing my New Holland, Ford and associated conversions. 

P1260129_zps1ba12f34.jpg

P1260130_zps92dd2027.jpg

P1260146_zpsccca594a.jpg

P1260145_zps990da211.jpg

P1260144_zps22edf680.jpg

• Like 2

A few close ups from my blue shelves. As with the majority of my collection now and major themes within it my main focus of attention is on custom built and converted models representing tractors from the 60's to the mid 90s.'

P1260131_zps7bf348fb.jpg

P1260132_zps129ad142.jpg

P1260133_zpsdcfb5137.jpg

P1260134_zps40f000c1.jpg

P1260135_zpsd7475146.jpg

P1260137_zpsb3c35c16.jpg 

• Like 2

My task for Boxing Day was to set up and re-home another of my favourite themes residing in my collection, my International and Case IH  models. Largely made up of XL cabbed variations.

P1260147_zps83c08e02.jpg 

My current line up of 1455 variations.

P1260158_zpsec2802c5.jpg

"Mum's eye view" of my "den" as she likes to call it.

P1260159_zps5178f7bc.jpg

Progress being made on my Massey Ferguson themed cabinet, whilst my Fiatagri collection also awaits a new home.

P1260160_zpsf139fc7d.jpg

Plenty of room for expansion all being well. The plan is to fill around and underneath the wall mounted cupboards with cabinets when time and pennies allow.

P1260161_zps497e6f44.jpg

P1260162_zpsf8cfb3aa.jpg

With the Sun shining on boxing day morning, time for some hang over curing fresh air and a small photo shoot with some of my recent purchases. Starting with the Fords.

First up my Pieter Dijkstra modified Ford 8830 which looks so much more purposeful thanks to the much bigger boots this model now stands on.

P1260163_zps1c96b2c9.jpg

P1260164_zpsf03b751d.jpg

P1260166_zps18cee2b5.jpg

Seen alongside the standard Universal Hobbies version.

P1260167_zpsb26a5e6a.jpg

...and for further comparison, a lovely full size example I photographed at the Newby Hall rally earlier this year.

P1190117_zpsd9186b4e.jpg

• Like 1