The Aughton Valley Collection

You've got some really smart models in those 'groups' and as Mart says, that Massey lineup is great! Not that the others aren't. ;)

Thanks ever so much John. Really pleased with the line ups and specific themes I have on display that i've begun to build up recently, especially my line up of modified Massey tractors. I'm really enjoying collecting again compared to the start of the year. :)   

Thats a very nice restoration job on your Dads tractors David. The paintwork looks right, like the sort of enamel that was the original finish. What an improvment from how they looked a few weeks ago ! Will they be residing with your collection now or does your Dad have a shelf for them ?

I would really like to own a Britains Major if I can find one at a reasonable price, theres just something about those old Britains  :)

Thats a very nice restoration job on your Dads tractors David. The paintwork looks right, like the sort of enamel that was the original finish. What an improvment from how they looked a few weeks ago ! Will they be residing with your collection now or does your Dad have a shelf for them ?

I would really like to own a Britains Major if I can find one at a reasonable price, theres just something about those old Britains  :)

Thanks Mark, absolutely delighted with the work Malcolm has carried out on these two tractors and they've really put a smile back on Dad's face since he retired, I couldn't think of a better Christmas present for him. He was explaining to me whilst they spent most of their time inside on the carpet farm both he and my Uncle had an old trailer parked out side up at the farm in Dalby Forest filled with sand that they spent many hours with ploughing and cultivating with their old Britains and Corgi toys. I'm so pleased that despite the condition they ended up in pre-restoration, my Dad's tractors remained intact unlike my Uncle's that have long since disapeared.

Whilst my Dad doesn't have any shelves of his own dedicated to a collection he does have a few individual pieces residing in my cabinets. So we've decided to form a joint collection along the lines of the themes i've recently decided to stick to myself. Almost exclusively tractors and plant machinery from the '60s, '70s, '80s and early '90s. It covers both our childhoods and i'm also actively searching for any plant machinery models my Dad has operated in the real world too. Whilst some modern tractors will remain, i've been boxing back up loads of others to put into to storage for the time being. Quite what Mum thinks of all this, i'm not so sure. :):D   

Very nice collection of blues  :P :P :P :P

Thanks ever so much Mark. Do like my blues given the family farm my Dad was brought up on has seen nothing but Fordson, Ford and New Holland tractors. A fully built up Scaledown 5000 is next on the cards for this particular theme hopefully. :)

That Britains Pre Force 5000 looks very clean & tidy. Hard to find one in that condition these days!  ;)

Thanks Justin. So pleased how it looks now compared to the condition it was in a few weeks ago. :)

Just completed few more tweaks to one of my favourite shelves in light of a couple of recent Christmas presents. My line up of Universal Hobbies "miniature Masseys."

Right to left: 240, 133, 135 HMT Show Edition, 135 Industrial, 825 and 35X.

P1130466.jpg

Here's individual photographs of my recent Christmas presents. Starting with ROS's fantastic effort at miniaturising the Fiatagri G240. Very impressed with this model which has become one my favourite releases this year and gives the terracotta theme i've really enjoyed adding to this year a flagship tractor. Whilst i've only ever seen the blue versions of this particular tractor in the flesh I do recall Scottish contractor D.M. Carnegie hiring a G240 to power a Massey Ferguson high density baler that was featured in Farmer's Weekly many years ago.

P1130467.jpg

P1130470.jpg

P1130472.jpg

P1130469.jpg

Next up the HMT Show edition Massey Ferguson 135.

P1130473.jpg

Edited by walterderwent

• 3 weeks later...

Back in March I posted some scanned toy / model tractor family related photographs. Having had a recent sort through all the old photographs we have at home I've now found a couple more. Taken over twenty years ago it shows my younger brother and I playing "construction sites" with a variety of well worn Britains and Siku toys on one of my Dad's greatest inventions. Our sand table, which had enough depth to masquerade as a field to be ploughed or as building site for trenches and roads to be dug.

IMGsandtable_0001.jpg

IMGsandtable_0002.jpg 

You and your brother ( don't know who is who ) look very happy playing in your sand table David ;) ;)

My younger brother James is on the left and that's me on the right Bill.  ;) 

We both spent many happy hours conducting ploughing matches, cultivating and digging. It didnt matter what the weather was doing either as the table was situated in an under cover sheltered area that used to contain a fish pond. :) 

The G240 does look very dapper,.I do hope a blue one follows this year so I can have me an 8870. Will you add the other colour variant if it comes, David?

Seeing that photo of you two boys playing reminds me of me and my best friend, little Nick doing the very same. We must have simular photos waiting to be found  :)

The G240 does look very dapper,.I do hope a blue one follows this year so I can have me an 8870. Will you add the other colour variant if it comes, David?

Seeing that photo of you two boys playing reminds me of me and my best friend, little Nick doing the very same. We must have simular photos waiting to be found  :)

Very impressed with ROS's efforts at miniaturising the G240 Tris, one of the best general releases to find it's way into my collection over the course of 2011. Plenty of nice details and well worth the £40 price tag. I've just started to reorganise my blue cabinet shelves. All my really modern T series tractors have been boxed up and i'm planning on moving these on in due course. I'll definitely be looking out for the blue version if and when it's released which would replace both my 1/25th scale ROS example and my basic Ertl 8670 example. The "A" version of the 8870 would be my variation of choice as I photographed one on demonstration at the World Ploughing Championships in Lincolnshire with a Kverneland semi mounted plough. I'd just need the Agra-Toys plough to complete the ensemble. :)

Enjoyed finding those two photographs of my brother and I standing out our sand table ( long since chopped up for fire wood ) playing building sites. Whilst he has never shared quite the same interest in carpet farming or the real machines as me I remember sharing many happy days at the "table" with him. :)     

ok, thanks for the reply david

You're very welcome Paul :)

nice additions. As with others, i am also awaiting the Blue versions of the G240, preferably a Ford 8970, NH 8870 and NH 8870A  ;)

visited your blogspot site.. looking really nice, linked it on my own as well :D

Thanks Wil. I really hope we see several subtle variations of the Genesis tractors. I'd happily have all three of the tractors you mention lined up on a shelf together. A dual wheeled version would go down a treat too. :)

Thanks for linking my blog site too, best update it as I haven't done much to it in rather a long time! :)