The Aughton Valley Collection

....I now just need to find a few positive words for this particular tractor, the 1/32nd Lafayette Show Edition International 1206 made by Spec Cast in resin i'm currently penning some notes for. At arms length it looks quite good. A bold, relatively simple representation of a big and beefy American 2wd. Cast a close up beady eye it's way however, and you'll find the finish is nothing short of cringe worthy.

P1140792.jpg

P1140794.jpg

If I may make a request - I'd love to see the 7610s and 7810 together for comparison.

The same goes for the 6X and 6Y models in your collection.

Thanks in advance.

S:

No problem at all Stan, i'll endeavour to post some photographs of them together in the next day or so. :)

Again. Big tumbs up David, a fine growing collection of classics . ;):)

Thanks Justin. I've quite a few very specific plans on the older classic front for the likes of my Ford, International, Fiat, MF and John Deere collections, having moved on the majority of the modern stuff which i've no regrets about. Also hoping to do something with my Deutz Fahr related line up too having sold off all but two of them. Only my Britains DX-92 on duals and DX110 remain.

yummy, my blue heart bumps harder when looking at your recent purchases. The Roadless Ploughmaster 6 / 4 is brilliant!! as well as the Roadless 120 and Dave Purdue's Doe 5100 which are both beauty's as well :D

Must admit i'm rather smitten with my how my "blue shelves" have evolved and the models I now have displayed within them Wil, especially the G & B, DBP and Scaledown models, delighted to hear you're enjoying them too. I'm hoping to continue adding to my Roadless collection with a few more fully built up Scaledown models. I came very close to purchasing a Roadless Super Dexta from Ken aswell......roll on Spalding. :)

Keep those old Britains Deutz's anyway. I have the same 2 Deutz's also . Got em on EBAY 4 or 5 months ago. The old Britains tractors may lack the detail but childhood mems can mean more to some than a load of UH gear on a shelf. Looking forward to seeing these plans of yours. Cheers David. ;):)

Keep those old Britains Deutz's anyway. I have the same 2 Deutz's also . Got em on EBAY 4 or 5 months ago. The old Britains tractors may lack the detail but childhood mems can mean more to some than a load of UH gear on a shelf. Looking forward to seeing these plans of yours. Cheers David. ;):)

A small fleet of DX variations is the plan Justin, so the older Britains examples are definitely staying as they're childhood favourites of mine, thanks again Justin. :)

Seems Replicagri are the only ones that made the exhaust the right scale on their 845xl! The 1055 and especially the Britains model is way to large.

It would appear you're correct Niels. Truth be told I hadn't noticed it at all, but for comparitive purposes here's a couple of photographs that maybe of interest.

P1140790.jpg

P1150002.jpg

The one on the real 956xl looks quite long as well even. Or it might just be the angle the photo was taken in. If you look at this one: http://dayerses.com/data_images/posts/case-international-956-xl/case-international-956-xl-07.jpg the top of the exhaust is about the same height as the cab roof which seems to be normal? Maybe the current aftermarket XL-exhausts are longer and the IH 1056xl one also had it when they measured the real deal?

Ah well. Nothing a hack saw won't deal with 8)

The one on the real 956xl looks quite long as well even. Or it might just be the angle the photo was taken in. If you look at this one: http://dayerses.com/...l-956-xl-07.jpg the top of the exhaust is about the same height as the cab roof which seems to be normal? Maybe the current aftermarket XL-exhausts are longer and the IH 1056xl one also had it when they measured the real deal?

Ah well. Nothing a hack saw won't deal with 8)

Having looked back through my photographs of the 2wd 956XL I took, the narrow top third of the exhaust appears to be higher than the cab roof whilst the rest of the exhaust appears to fit the proportions of the example you posted in your link Niels. :)

As requested by Stan and for anyone else who's interested here's some line up photographs of some of the older Ford and Ford conversion models I have residing in my collection.

Starting with the Super Q 10 series. Universal Hobbies's 7810 followed by my Martyn Reeve 2wd 7610 Gen III and MarGe Models 7610 Gen II.

P1150266.jpg

G & B Roadless models.

P1150269.jpg

DBP County models.

P1150272.jpg

Pre - Force Ford 5000 models from Universal Hobbies, my Dad's restored Britains example and a Scaledown version too.

P1150274.jpg

Lastly Britains Ford Force 7000 and 5000 along with my DBP Doe 5100.

P1150279.jpg

Edited by walterderwent

Martyns 7610 is a little tinker, isn't it?! I am liking that one a lot. Better rack my brain incase I have driven one because you know what that means!!

Will you look for suitable implements to join each tractor, David? For example a nice conventional valet for said 7610? :)

Martyns 7610 is a little tinker, isn't it?! I am liking that one a lot. Better rack my brain incase I have driven one because you know what that means!!

Will you look for suitable implements to join each tractor, David? For example a nice conventional valet for said 7610? :)

Martyn's 7610 is a beautifully crafted model Tris, so pleased I decided to purchase one at the October Spalding Show last year. I'd recomend this model to anyone interested in tractors from this era. I'm also planning on adding to my Super Q ten series line up in due course. Watch this space. :)

I'd definitely like to add some age appropriate implements to join my growing fleet of older tractors in due course. My contracting friend's who run the fleet of lovely blues bought a Gen II 4wd 7610 last year as hobby tractor and now have a New Holland 940 conventional baler and sled to go behind it. The tractor is also fitted with front mudguards just like the MarGe version. I'd dearly love to recreate this outfit in model form and photograph the real deal in action. :)

I would have loves to photograph each and every tractor I have driven. A blown up photo as a backdrop to the model on display would be a nice touch.

Echo your comments Tris. I'd love to capture a few nice photographs of the real machines I have represented in my model collection. So far I the only model I have displayed like this is my Schuco Challenger combine harvester. :)

Martyn's 7610 is a beautifully crafted model Tris, so pleased I decided to purchase one at the October Spalding Show last year. I'd recomend this model to anyone interested in tractors from this era. I'm also planning on adding to my Super Q ten series line up in due course. Watch this space. :)

I'd definitely like to add some age appropriate implements to join my growing fleet of older tractors in due course. My contracting friend's who run the fleet of lovely blues bought a Gen II 4wd 7610 last year as hobby tractor and now have a New Holland 940 conventional baler and sled to go behind it. The tractor is also fitted with front mudguards just like the MarGe version. I'd dearly love to recreate this outfit in model form and photograph the real deal in action. :)

That M Reeve 7610 is a nice job. I myself got the D Towse 2wd 7610 convo. So im still not sure sould i get the Marge version when i have D Ts one. :unsure: I do find the roof lights on Marges one seem different to UHs SQs. But i still got the GEN 1 Q-cab version from Marge .

Anyway all those blues are a sweet line up. I myself would love to see a few 3cyl Fords come on stream tough. They are badly wanting to complete lots of collectors Ford collections. ;)

That M Reeve 7610 is a nice job. I myself got the D Towse 2wd 7610 convo. So im still not sure sould i get the Marge version when i have D Ts one. :unsure: I do find the roof lights on Marges one seem different to UHs SQs. But i still got the GEN 1 Q-cab version from Marge .

Anyway all those blues are a sweet line up. I myself would love to see a few 3cyl Fords come on stream tough. They are badly wanting to complete lots of collectors Ford collections. ;)

Thanks ever so much Justin. The Martyn Reeve 7610 is definitely one of my favourite models in my collection. Must admit having decided to focus on these older tractors i've seemingly also developed a fascination for collecting subtle variations on the same model number or series of tractors. Even more so if they're conversions and especially if they're Ford related. :)

Fully agree on the 3 cylinder front too. Whilst I have absolutely no model making skills myself Autodrome do make some nice looking 2000, 3000, 2600 and 3600 kits. I've seen a number of these fully built up, but i've yet to part with any pennies for them, maybe one day. :)

Thanks ever so much Justin. The Martyn Reeve 7610 is definitely one of my favourite models in my collection. Must admit having decided to focus on these older tractors i've seemingly also developed a fascination for collecting subtle variations on the same model number or series of tractors. Even more so if they're conversions and especially if they're Ford related. :)

Fully agree on the 3 cylinder front too. Whilst I have absolutely no model making skills myself Autodrome do make some nice looking 2000, 3000, 2600 and 3600 kits. I've seen a number of these fully built up, but i've yet to part with any pennies for them, maybe one day. :)

Yeah ive seen them also. Bit pricey Autodrome 's Fords are tough. They are nice little models ,but id change the rear rims to the ones found on the UH MF135 & 240 i think. The 4000 & 4600 are the yokes im wanting badly ,I grew up driving them on the family farm. There was also a Dexta & 3000 before them, but i was too young to remember those when we had em. Still i hope we see some 3cyl blue's soon. Cheers David & keep those classic blues coming. ;):)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a quick run down of the models I came home with from Spalding that are now residing in the themes i'm focusing on the most at the moment. Once again aside from a few classic era tractors being produced by the major model manufacturers I virtually bypassed all of the majority of general releases being offered and instead continued to look towards and support the custom and scratch builders having moved on a large quantity of general releases from my collection in recent weeks.

Starting with Paul Capon's lovely conversion of Schuco's John Deere 3120 equipped with Duncan cab and rear wheels sourced from a Joal Renault Ares. I much prefer this model to the original Schuco version

P1160142.jpg

I've continued to expand my collection of 3000 series Massey Fergusons variations with another of Paul's conversions in the shape of this 3085. Orignally badged up as a 3095 on his stand Paul very kindly swapped the decals around for me. Thank you. :)

P1160145.jpg

The other Massey Ferguson model to join Derwent Vale was this rather nice 590 created by Martyn Reeve. I now have 3 of Martyn's excellent builds in my collection.

P1160146.jpg

Moving onto my International models to make the journey back home. I've further added to my XL cabbed line up with the first weathered model to join my collection in the shape of this year's show model created by Peter Hardy for the Spring Show.

P1160148.jpg

International 956XL variation number five to join my line up is this Britains version equipped with duals all around.

P1160150.jpg

Edited by walterderwent

Moving onto the theme gaining most of my attention in my collection at the moment. My Fords and associated conversions.

Commencing with another G & B Roadless variation i've now crossed off my wish list. The later Lambourn cabbed version of the equal wheel 120.

P1160154.jpg

Whilst ( almost inevitabley ) I couldn't resist the temptation of coming home with these to add to my collection of DBP Fords. 6710, 7710 and 7910 2wd tractors to sit alongside my 4wd 6610 and 8210 DBP models in my collection.

P1160156.jpg

P1160158.jpg

P1160161.jpg

I also have a good friend to thank for offering me this Super Q Ford 7610 model also made by Dave.

P1160162.jpg

I'm a huge fan of the simple "sand pit" charm of the older Ertl articulated tractors and ended up coming home with this Ford FW-60 to replace my triple wheeled 9882 in one of my cabinets.

P1160165.jpg

Lastly from my blue purchases. Starting with another wonderful PDC creation in the shape of this white roof Ford 8340.

P1160167.jpg

P1160168.jpg

Whilst here's a model i've been searching for ages for. The A.C.A Replicagri New Holland 110 - 90. A much more refined model than ROS's efforts at miniaturising this 90 series variation. I've decided to display the model with the removable duals and front linkage which i've added an A - frame from a Weise Fendt.

P1160152.jpg

P1160153.jpg

Edited by walterderwent

looks like you done well at spalding david, great additions to your collection.

Thanks ever so much Chris I had a fantastic day and again really enjoyed reinvesting in these older tractors i'm most keen on. Just need to part with the remaining modern Britains, Siku and UH models I have boxed up before I set my sights on adding anymore. :)

You never fail to impress me with your purchases David. Love those Fords. The 7710 & 8340 look real nice models. ;) Ive tryed to make contact with David Purdue a few times to make me a few Fords ,but his hard to get a hold off. Busy man i guess. Spalding looked to have had a fab turnout of tradestands. I would never see the like at shows in southern Ireland. :'(

You never fail to impress me with your purchases David. Love those Fords. The 7710 & 8340 look real nice models. ;) Ive tryed to make contact with David Purdue a few times to make me a few Fords ,but his hard to get a hold off. Busy man i guess. Spalding looked to have had a fab turnout of tradestands. I would never see the like at shows in southern Ireland. :'(

Thanks for your very kind comments Justin regards my collection. I'm absolutely loving putting together an almost exclusively "classic" era collection. Just need to move a few more models on before I make anymore purchases. Paul's 8340 is an absolute cracker. I'm a huge fan of his conversions and have now amassed around a dozen of them. My Uncle used to run a white roof 8340 as his front line tractor so that was my main reason for coming home with one. Like wise i'm massively keen on Dave's models both red and blue ones. I'm absolutely chuffed to bits with the models I bought from him. I had a great time at Spalding, fantastic friendly atmosphere, definitely worth a trip over if you get the chance. :)