The Aughton Valley Collection

Echo the comments above,

That is a lovely collection of blues that you have built up David. Loving that late series Roadless 120 - with lambourne cab, is that based on GB's 120? and who makes the cab??.

All very nice models :)

Regards,

John.

fantastic line up again David! i noticed you buying a few nice Ford's from DBP's stand. I couldnt resist the temptation as well and am mighty glad to have bought a 6710 as well. I believe we both bought from Cenfies Davis a Roadless model close after each other.. I hadnt realised there were 5 variations, so now had to add 2 more to the wishlist ;)

anyways, before i drift away completely, you definately had a lot of great buys that fit perfectly within your new themed collection. Every sinlge one is a fine example of craftmenship by the builder of each model! of course forgetting the standard releases of which the Ford FW by Ertl is great in a totally different way.. Saw only 1 on the show, saw it was not a collectors edition, otherwise i would have tipped you off :D..

Echo the comments above,

That is a lovely collection of blues that you have built up David. Loving that late series Roadless 120 - with lambourne cab, is that based on GB's 120? and who makes the cab??.

All very nice models :)

Regards,

John.

Thanks ever so much John. Very smitten with how my blue cabinet now looks and i'm enjoying collecting so much more having decided to stick to collecting these older classics, especially the associated County and Roadless models I now have lined up together. :)

I stand to be corrected but I believe the lambourn cabbed 120 is the latest in the Roadless series of models from G & B. My model is number 243 of 750 and was built late last year.

Here's profile views of the two 120 models together showing the differences. Fantastic models worth every penny.

P1140826-1.jpg

P1160155.jpg

fantastic line up again David! i noticed you buying a few nice Ford's from DBP's stand. I couldnt resist the temptation as well and am mighty glad to have bought a 6710 as well. I believe we both bought from Cenfies Davis a Roadless model close after each other.. I hadnt realised there were 5 variations, so now had to add 2 more to the wishlist ;)

anyways, before i drift away completely, you definately had a lot of great buys that fit perfectly within your new themed collection. Every sinlge one is a fine example of craftmenship by the builder of each model! of course forgetting the standard releases of which the Ford FW by Ertl is great in a totally different way.. Saw only 1 on the show, saw it was not a collectors edition, otherwise i would have tipped you off :D..

Thanks for your kind comments Wil, great to catch up with you at Spalding, especially at two of my favourite stands. Had my finances allowed I definitely would have liked to have bought several more of Dave's models. Whilst my Ford and Ford conversions theme have gained the most attention recently i'm really pleased with how some of my other shelves are being filled such as my XL cabbed Internationals and 3000 series Massey Fergusons. Whilst my classic line up of rigid John Deeres is now slowly starting develop.

Pleased to have found one of the older versions of Ertl's FW-60. Rightly or wrongly i've decided i'm going to replace the discoloured cab roof with one from the more recent. Britains FW-30 and may paint the grill lights silver just like the others in my line up. I'll have to keep a close eye out for the collector edition too. Is that the same as the one pictured on your website Wil with the blue cab frame instead of black?

All lined up together:

P1160171.jpg

fantastic photos to show the differences.. it is definately going onto my wishlist!

Very nice,

Thanks for the additional 120 photo's David ;)

I have the original D.G 115 & 120, must add this later versioned 120 one to my wish list!!

Regards,

John.

You're very welcome Wil and John. I'd really like to continue to expand my Roadless collection in the future with a few more fully built up Scaledown kits too. Just need to get saving up again. :)

the FW60 you describe is a plastic model made as part of a 4-piece set for some kind of Steiger anniversary (another one to collect maybe ;) ). the one i meant is even more rare, only 1000 models were made back in the 80's and might be one of the earliest limited editions. only a few survived and so far i have come accross 3 in 5 years, so they are out there ;)

(it is not yet added to the new site, but still visible on my old site (through menu - old site)

http://www.fordtractorcrazy.com/model/model-ford-fw-32-ertl-60-collectors.html

the FW60 you describe is a plastic model made as part of a 4-piece set for some kind of Steiger anniversary (another one to collect maybe ;) ). the one i meant is even more rare, only 1000 models were made back in the 80's and might be one of the earliest limited editions. only a few survived and so far i have come accross 3 in 5 years, so they are out there ;)

(it is not yet added to the new site, but still visible on my old site (through menu - old site)

http://www.fordtract...collectors.html

Thanks for the information on the FW tractors Wil, very much appreciated. I'll definitely have to keep these models in mind at any further model / toy shows I attend. It's a line up i'd dearly love to add to in the future. :)

That is one very pretty shelf with all that (expensive) blue on it. Great collection you're amassing. ;)

Thanks John, appreciated. Very pleased with how I have those models displayed. I may yet move the Fiat / Fiatagri part of my collection to one of my other cabinets depending on how my blue theme develops. I've plenty of ideas that's for sure. Thoroughly enjoying building up a collection of "classics" :)

You have very nice new models add to your collection. Like the red ones and the 7710.

Texas

Thanks Bas, really pleased with the models that have recently joined my collection. Really enjoying adding to my miniature fleet of XL cabbed Internationals and hope to collect a few more in the future. Here they all are lined up in one of my cabinets. :)

P1160177.jpg

Edited by walterderwent

Very nice reds ones. Don't have all off those. A question left beside the muddy version are that 2 different IH's?

Texas

Thanks Bas. They're two slightly different models. The 4wd 956XL nearest the muddy version is the standard Britains model whilst the 4wd model next to that one is a Dave Towse dual wheeled conversion. My line up of XL cabbed Internationals consists of the following models left to right:

Schuco 1455XL

Britains F.T.F 1056XL 2wd

Britains 956XL front / rear duals

Dave Towse 956XL rear duals conversion

Britains 956XL 4wd

Britains 956XL Spalding Show Model

Dave Towse 956XL 2wd conversion

Replicagri 845XL

Cracking pictures David its certainly some collection you have there and growing

Keep the pictures coming mate

Regards Nick

Thanks for your very kind comments Nick regards my collection. I suppose you could say it's now "re-growing." It's actually reduced a fair bit in size since I decided to begin selling off the modern tractors and that's freed up a lot more cabinet space so I can indulge in adding to my favourite themes.

Here's my collection of 3000 series Massey Fergusons lined up together with my most recent PDC conversion joining them.

P1160178.jpg

Followed by another line up i'm quite keen to develop, my older rigid John Deere tractors.

P1160173.jpg

Thanks Bas. They're two slightly different models. The 4wd 956XL nearest the muddy version is the standard Britains model whilst the 4wd model next to that one is a Dave Towse dual wheeled conversion. My line up of XL cabbed Internationals consists of the following models left to right:

Schuco 1455XL

Britains F.T.F 1056XL 2wd

Britains 956XL front / rear duals

Dave Towse 956XL rear duals conversion

Britains 956XL 4wd

Britains 956XL Spalding Show Model

Dave Towse 956XL 2wd conversion

Replicagri 845XL

Thanks David for the answer.

Texas

Thanks David for the answer.

Texas

You're very welcome Bas. :)

i must say i love your mf and ihc models , i mostly like the mf with the yellow row crops.

Thanks ever so much Nathan. Chuffed to bits with how these line ups have turned out so far. I've quite few ideas on how i'd like to expand them in the future. The Massey Ferguson you mention is a 3095 conversion that was built by Ian "Agrium" Leather that includes the rowcrop wheels and scratchbuilt front box. I bought it from him at the Spalding autumn show last October. It's an absolutely fantastic model and i'm so pleased I was able to aquire it for my collection. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing new, but i've been updating my google blog, properly cataloguing all my old collection photographs and shifting models around today. Given the themes i'm now collecting towards I decided to give my older Fendts a bit of fresh air and a photo shoot.

Weise Toys Favorit 615 LSA

P1160195.jpg

Schuco Favorit 626 LSA

P1160194.jpg

Lined up with my Roel Kuiper built Farmer 306 LS.

P1160196.jpg

The real deal........

IMGfendt_0001.jpg

One for the future. I'd love to have a 2wd Favorit 600 LS in 1/32nd scale to compliment this picture of the real machine I photographed at York Machinery Sale around 10 years ago.

IMGfendt_0002.jpg

Edited by walterderwent

love the fendts david, and your older rigid deeres. i had made the point of not collecting fendt tractors, just to keep the size of my collection in check, but at spalding i got a u/h fendt and it looked a bit lonely on its own, so as you can see from my collection page i have got it a few friends. the 615 lsa will be next now i have seen your pic of it!