hedgerow hero's & forgotten friends

MJB1

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see any photos of combines Sean ;D

Point taken Marcus - anyway John minds his like babies so I am sure they will never end up there.

other pics colm, marcus did post some combines there

as for john, hes more likley to be taking whole tractors away from rons to restore than sending anything down

other pictures colm, marcus did post some combines there

as for john, hes more likley to be taking whole tractors away from rons to restore than sending anything down

With you now Sean - sorry about that!

other pictures colm, marcus did post some combines there

those pictures are nicks sean  :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice find by your dad David. Good to see it is being kept inside too. would look good at a vintage working day. A few years back I was pulling a grass seeder at our one. You know the green thing with the boxes that fold out. There was a mixture of sawdust and small poly beads so it actually looked as it was sowing. Sand would have been better since it would have been heavier.

I joked to the ploughers that next year they would not be ploughing where I had been since it would be full of young trees ;) ;)

Nice find by your dad David. Good to see it is being kept inside too. would look good at a vintage working day. A few years back I was pulling a grass seeder at our one. You know the green thing with the boxes that fold out. There was a mixture of sawdust and small poly beads so it actually looked as it was sowing. Sand would have been better since it would have been heavier.

I joked to the ploughers that next year they would not be ploughing where I had been since it would be full of young trees ;) ;)

From I could gather the owner of the drill is aware of it's history and keen to keep it dry stored in it's original condition Bill. It would look great at a working day in tow with a suitable tractor. :)

Was down at the Threlked Mining Museum yesterday and I spotted this unusual reversible plough, couldn't find a makers name anywhere on it though. Not really forgotten as such as its obviously in preservation.

DSCF4352.jpg

DSCF4353.jpg

This Renault on the other hand appears to have just been abandoned after its last job, I wonder if it had a clutch failure.

DSCF4354.jpg

DSCF4357.jpg

DSCF4359.jpg

That reversible plough looks just like the Bonnel one about to be released by pro farm toys, do you know what make it is or will you be passing again to see if any makers plate is present. On another thread someone said Bonnel licenced the design to some British firms in the fifties/sixties.

That Renault does look abandoned while moving bales, can't believe it's not worth repairing or at least breaking. The loader and bale grab are still useable.

That reversible plough looks just like the Bonnel one about to be released by pro farm toys, do you know what make it is or will you be passing again to see if any makers plate is present. On another thread someone said Bonnel licenced the design to some British firms in the fifties/sixties.

That Renault does look abandoned while moving bales, can't believe it's not worth repairing or at least breaking. The loader and bale grab are still useable.

I could go look at the plough again, its only a few miles down the road, however I had a good look around it and could not find any manufacturers plate or even a name cast in the parts anywhere. Here are a couple more pics if its any help:

DSCF4351.jpg

DSCF4350.jpg

It looks as if it was designed to be pulled behind a crawler tractor, also it has a hydraulic ram which suggests to me mid-sixties or later. My gut feeling was that it was french, and the arrangement of the rear wheels certainly rings bells in that direction.

i reckon that is one of those old bonnels that were used behind crawlers. uk ploughs built/sold by FORDS(SALHOUSE) in norfolk

• 1 month later...

Archived