hedgerow hero's & forgotten friends

MJB1

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey tris the krone single side mouted chopper we have one of them almost new

it,s reco mangele one with single row maize header on  . just for  zero grazing maize to cows  early on  . just thought id add that as they are rare

It's a marvel of a farm, with all the scrap it probably covers 3 or 4 acres! I'm sure I have more photo's from previous years.

I'm not sure why it's all kept to be honest, beats me to think of a reason to be honest. The chap doesn't seem to do part exchange or trade-ins. There are umpteen Major's of various age and states of disrepair around the place too.

the Kongskilde (Triple K....but don't know why as there's only 2 here.. ;) ..Kongskilde konstruktion perhaps....ooohhh that's 4....and I didn't even get my 'O' level Maths!...) had rounded frame corners (ie bent-formed not welded square) we had a new 8' 6" in the mid '60s that we used to pull flat out behind the Super Dexta/Majors until the 5000 arrived in '67.

We later bought a  s/h 10' Ransomes  that had the sqaure-cornered frame (though the headstock looks different on this one) and ended up using all the tines from the 8' 6" Triple K and cut it's frame up for brackets of all sorts over the years.

No sign of any depth wheels..? they were on both the 3K & Ransomes.

Thank you all for endeavoruring to identify the old harrow up at my Uncle's farm, nice to see it draw a little more attention than what it's used to nowadays. I'll have to ask him if he knows what make it is. I genuinely don't know how complete or incomplete it is, the crumbler attachment did look like a home made after market addition. Thanks for the feed back everyone. :)

Farm near me used to have a Turbotiler .  There was a new implement out recently ( cant remember what it was , too modern for me )  , but  it  had those  crumblers fitted to rear of it  . Did think at time  of making a Turbotiller from it .

I think they are similar to those fitted to the Opico Varidisc?

Archived