A bit of silage making in Sussex.

unkelfergus

Very nice picture there unc ;):)

Where is the photo "Another load on the way." taken?

And one more thing i thought you had a two rotor rake??

Mums told you about the photo and yes,we do have a two-rotor rake,a tiny little PZ that aint seen use for over three years now :D :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some great pics taken smelly  :)  going looks good UF certainly have more grass than some foraging at the moment , but is it turned to wilt or for 2 into 1  because you lot think those fords are invincible  :D

all cleared now though , whats next fert or slurry ?

some great pictures taken smelly  :)  going looks good UF certainly have more grass than some foraging at the moment , but is it turned to wilt or for 2 into 1  because you lot think those fords are invincible  :D

all cleared now though , whats next fert or slurry ?

It is spread to wilt because that field gets all the dirty water from the lagoon all winter.One heck of a cut of grass.

Fertiliser next but we still have another 70 acres to chop, two more clamps.

Great pictures again. I have a question on the first pictures i see a tedder but on the second pictures the grass is going green in the barn?

Texas

You're quite right Texas.The last ten or so loads are cut green because its so damn awkward to stack dry grass into and up in that last part of the shed. The green grass comes off the fork a hell of a lot easier. Also, that end of the clamp will be fed to the beef animals.  ;)

You're quite right Texas.The last ten or so loads are cut green because its so damn awkward to stack dry grass into and up in that last part of the shed. The green grass comes off the fork a hell of a lot easier. Also, that end of the clamp will be fed to the beef animals.   ;)

Thanks for the answer  :)

texas

one question i would like to know why in some fields  are just the headlands are done? is it just to fill the pit up or what?

Easy really Paul, remove the headlands first,it makes the mower man's life a LOT easier ;) ;)

Easy really Paul, remove the headlands first,it makes the mower man's life a LOT easier ;) ;)

Never knowen it to make the mower mans life easyer but defntly makes the rake mans job easyer....

we used to take the headlands for silage on fields destined for hay so that when cut later the mainland could be cut in "cants" making much better/straighter use of the mowing turning, tedding and baleing operations  especially as a lot of our field headlands were shaded by trees, delaying the drying of the outer rows which of course one needed to bale first to get at the main land. When turning the outside swathes, out, they were still away from the hedges, out in the sun,.....if we ever got any.

Arr love them pictures  ;D

Fords & trailed foraging, my favourite!

Thanks for posting them UF!

What camera was used to take the pictures, they are sharp!

Kodak easyshare c743

have they found the problem with the nh yet fergus?

Yes Sean,  damper plate on flywheel but its also knackered the threads in the stud holes on the flywheel so new flywheel as well.

would have got it back yesterday but will be picking it up tomorrow p.m.

You people thought our clamp weve just done was awkward, wait until sunday when we start up again, I will show you an awkward clamp

with a great big capital "A". ;)