The Worse Britains Product so far??

BGU

I bought a Britains Playbase for mini BGU and it is by far the worse Britains thing I have ever purchased!

One of the gate hinges was broken when I opened the box, the roof to the dutch barn does not fit on and keeps falling off, the roof to the "tractor shed is the same, the gate to the pig sty is too big and does not close easily.

All in all it is of very cheap plastic and badly made! :( :( :(

Realy it doesnt supprize me the quality STILL ISNT AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE  >:( >:(

I used to love the britains range i had most of the farm range as a kid until the dog ate the cabs off the tractors etc but im after the old 1970s farm play base as i used to have that particular one

i would then have everything i used to have when i was a kid

thanks nigel

I bought a Britains Playbase for mini BGU and it is by far the worse Britains thing I have ever purchased!

One of the gate hinges was broken when I opened the box, the roof to the dutch barn does not fit on and keeps falling off, the roof to the "tractor shed is the same, the gate to the pig sty is too big and does not close easily.

All in all it is of very cheap plastic and badly made! :( :( :(

That's really dissappointing BGU... can you prise it off mini BGU long enough to post some pictures of it please

probably would have been a good model if we were all 20+ years younger when the smaller tractors were out!. Whats it like BGU with a modern tractor on it?? ???::) ::)

The new Tractors JD6920 NHTS135 will just go through the large gate but not the other two.

I didnt like the budget versions of the MF or Ford either so I never bought them..............when I stopped collecting back in 87 ?or thereabouts ,those bigger ?tractors ,same lambo deutz etc ?were pretty dire to my mind and from what i see they didnt improve much for a while............... ?better now ?thankfully BUT they had to , look what they are up against as we all know........

John

The new Tractors JD6920 NHTS135 will just go through the large gate but not the other two.

thats common on real farms too .................we had a lot of 8 foot gates I bet the Irish lads had as well , were not all from the flat lands  so perhaps britains is actually moving with the times?...tractors and machinery are getting bigger !

;D ;D

John

I think that stupid push pull plough set should get this title.Who ever designed it must have been sacked for getting it ohhhhhhhhh so wrong!Front plough is totally wrong for matching up with the last set of furrows.Shame on you Britains >:(

totaly agree Bairn 11 :-\ took me ages to realise that whicheverway round it was put it didn't match up :(

the? artic JCB farmaster loader is very poor in regards to the tip position of the bucket at full height? ,the size of the bucket is disapointing as well :(

forgot about the cheapy lookin  plastic loaders..........the low lift height of the ertl ones and  all to do with them ..........there have been a few  dodgy models  eh

BUT look on the bright side  who remembers the older Siku models?......................rattly  low detail  they were no much to stick up bills about either

Britains lost alot of ground to siku :-\ & are paying for it dearly ,britains are now backon track with detail but there are some durability & design faults to get sorted

? front axle flimseyness & compatability with the hitches for both trailers & implements need attention ,remember britains set the standard for this linkage of which others followed , but they now seem to faltering with this as well ?:-\

Thanks BGU - I was JUST posting that I like the look of the dutch barn... Hummmmmmmm... Well it still LOOKS nice I suppose.  What a shame - with a little effort they could have made that a great little board.  I hope they read these posts and take some notice.

Thanks once again for posting the pics - they speak 1000 words I think  ;)