New manufacturer - Imber Models - Ford 5640

Barry

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very very nice  :P :P :P :P ....for a ford  :D;D ;D ;)

lovely price aswell and nice extras i will be buyong one 4 sure

this is what RC2 should be doing ,,I dont mean this particular model

but the play-ability the steering opening of bonnets adding and takeaway of front weight's on tractors but maybee EU regulations stop them doing this as they do toys as for re-decaling im all for it

as it helps fund future production and gives more selection i like it allot imagine if they did a IH 885 xl  ::)

still amazes me how many people can pick nitty little faults out of something and make such a fuss about them as "unacceptable", if the cab was the wrong shape or wheel hubs wrong then  fine, but a  the wrong colour bit of plastic??????? what ever next the gear knob top is the wrong shape?? the tread on the foot peddles is the wrong style ??

You had a bad day Sean i'm here if you need to talk about it  ;):D

But i know what you mean it all seems a little petty these tractors have just upped the benchmark if you ask me,  they where that good i

ordered 2 myself and i'm not a great lover of fords just a lover of a decent well thought out model at a affordable price to the collector young and old  :) :) 

P.S I even heard holmes was on about buying them so they must be THAT good if Ben's willing to part with some of his old £20 notes  :o :o :o

got to say, well done Steve and Karen.  These guys have pumped a HUGE sum of money into a model, which in my opinion, everyone has been dying for, if it was me, I'd be making as many variations as I possibly could, bar painting them in colours that never existed, to make as much money back to make the investment worthwhile.  If some collectors think they have to have everyone available and then moan that there are too many,  have a rain check....  this model was such a popular tractor, then each variation will get a good following.  Im waiting to fill my cabinet and hope that people buy the little 4 cyl's as me experience was driving 6 cyl's.

Good luck Imber... :)

PS - They'd have to do all the variants as the customerizers would only jump on the back of it.  (I say as Poacher turned Gamekeeper)  ;)

Couldn't agree with Sean, Simon and Ian more  ;)

I have always said that I thought we bought models because we enjoy them not to criticise  :-\

If most of us where in Steve & Karen's posiion we would be very proud  ;)

Well anyone who saw my reaction from my first viewing knows my views on them  ;):D

still amazes me how many people can pick nitty little faults out of something and make such a fuss about them as "unacceptable", if the cab was the wrong shape or wheel hubs wrong then  fine, but a  the wrong colour bit of plastic? ??? ??? what ever next the gear knob top is the wrong shape?? the tread on the foot peddles is the wrong style ??

It amazes me how flagging up a couple of apparent errors on what is supposed to be a model (not a toy) can be regarded as nit picking, but when a certain other mainstream manufacturer (Britains) makes a similar error on a toy, we see a string of post moaning and whingeing about it.  It seems it's OK to make unreasonable criticism of Britains, but "thou shalt not criticise the almighty Imber".  Jeez, if this had been made by Britains, I know full well that certain people would have ripped it to shreds, regardless (and you would probably be one of them).

If this is supposed to be a model rather than a toy (and even at £45, it would be expensive as purely a toy), I think it needs to be right.  That is my opinion, and I have every right to express it, without being stoned to death or burnt at the stake for it.  It has already been stated that the wheels are being looked at for the full production version, so that isn't a problem, is it?  As I said in a previous post, it looks extremely good from the pictures, but, for me it isn't perfect.

Now get off my back.

We are all entitled to opinions on the forum as long as topics are kept to their subjects. If someone does not like an item, they are free to air their view, likewise if they love an item, they can praise it all they wish. I dont want to see any he said / she said tennis though!  :)

It amazes me how flagging up a couple of apparent errors on what is supposed to be a model (not a toy) can be regarded as nit picking, but when a certain other mainstream manufacturer (Britains) makes a similar error on a toy, we see a string of post moaning and whingeing about it.  It seems it's OK to make unreasonable criticism of Britains, but "thou shalt not criticise the almighty Imber".  Jeez, if this had been made by Britains, I know full well that certain people would have ripped it to shreds, regardless (and you would probably be one of them).

If this is supposed to be a model rather than a toy (and even at £45, it would be expensive as purely a toy), I think it needs to be right.  That is my opinion, and I have every right to express it, without being stoned to death or burnt at the stake for it.  It has already been stated that the wheels are being looked at for the full production version, so that isn't a problem, is it?  As I said in a previous post, it looks extremely good from the pictures, but, for me it isn't perfect.

Now get off my back.

jees sir take it easy what evers wrong can surely be corrected with a steady hand ;)

i think the comments over colour and wheels are valid ones, in my mind its discussion, which is what this forum is about.

I didnt notice the colour of the grill until mentioned, as collectors of models its good to have details pointed out.

I agree if this was Britains, Siku or UH there would be loads of critisism over such detail.

Agreed. Although UH and Siku arn't very good examples as they both do a pretty good job accuracy wise. However RC2 should expect criticism and continue to untill they get something closer to perfect with all the points to be raised in the meeting on Friday in mind.

Anyone in search of perfection wouldn't have RC2 at the top of their list anyway, Precision aside of course.

A major (for some) point has been raised and addressed via this topic. That's good. Lets not keep it dragging and let new visitors to the topic view the photo's and make their own mind up without slanderous posts being thrown back and forth between posters.

Nice to see the brit boys get something that they can really feel connected to....Good grief RC2 with what UH is doing is a bit under the gun now.......No laughing your way to the bank steve.....a job well done.....made some locals happy.....

I was supprised that it has taken this long for a 40 series to come out.  I was well impressed with it.  I'm waiting for 6640 and 7740 for me.  Uncle used to own them so it was my learning to drive tractor me.  Titan trailer just right behind that, cant wait

Dan

I'm not sure if they were area specific but had not seen one around me back home for years and years. Plenty of JD's and older Masseys....Obviously one had to pull out on me on the way back to university Tuesday Morning  :D

I'm not sure if they were area specific but had not seen one around me back home for years and years. Plenty of JD's and older Masseys....Obviously one had to pull out on me on the way back to university Tuesday Morning  :D

most smaller 40 series tractors in my part of the country were 66 and 7740 tractors although a small number of 5640 tractors mostly two wheel drive sl models. these im model tractors are fantastic models. the 5640 at 75 horsepower i suspect would have been a little underpowered in the sle specification with power hungry change on the move transmission never the less a very high specification tractor in its day for its size.

i do know of 1 5640 2wd, not sure if its sle or sl, but thats it, most round here are as others have said 66's and 77's mix of 2wd and 4, , but i do know of several 56's arround suffolk way, mostly on horse paddock dutys, and i think a place my aunt used to work at had one for yard dutys in the chicken farm

it looks stunning as ive said before one thing

the number plate do you think those numbers have refferance to the model manufacturer or machine manufacturer just wonderd

if they have a reason after reading warner halls parts about cetain

Britains models he said some models had a desighners sons birthday

wrote in to the numberplate  ;) ;)