The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so,does she have a distinctive snore,like the 6290,rem how they sound under load? i spoke to someone recently who mowed with one for 3 weeks ans said you could work steadily in a first cut with 10ft and swather going winding down to economy pto in 1 gear less but working all day long at low revs,but when the boat needs pushed out she could fight her corner and stand up against the big 6cylinders

Nice one Marky  ;)

Presume that's the Sisu engine? Good 'un!

When most people have their mid life crisis they buy a daft sports car or a huge motorcycle.........you just have to be different.  ;D ;D

Ah so that is what me Lordie is going through at present is it ;D ;D

I must admit for a MF their looks are improving Mark ;) ;)

Nice one Marky  ;)

Presume that's the Sisu engine? Good 'un!

When most people have their mid life crisis they[glow=red,2,300] buy a daft sports car [/glow] or a huge motorcycle.........you just have to be different.  ;D ;D

but marky brought both the daft sports car and the red tractor and looks a compleat **** nubnuts in both :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

about time!!, the secrets i had to keep about this one!!

i'll be over for a go!!, and we need to decomtaminate Harry as well! :D :D

amazing he kept it qt apart from about 6 of us for so long aint it ben, he must have had a hell of a job doing that

amazing he kept it qt apart from about 6 of us for so long aint it ben, he must have had a hell of a job doing that

given his login pic hinted he wanted one it was a fair give away a tractor was on order ;)

how long till you order the 64 series then marky? im sure the 5480 will be great but a 6480 is so much stronger and you could do some land work with one, ploughing, harrowing etc ;)

I tried the 6480 Mike.... but it was just too big (and over specified) for what I wanted.... my local lads had a minter... 500 hours... full loaded and cheaper than Hattie... I do wish they'd do a 50k in the 5400's mind you... that's all I miss at the moment...

They tell me that the 5480 is really a 6200 backend evidently... I'm not too hot on those myself... were they any good ???

I tried the 6480 Mike.... but it was just too big (and over specified) for what I wanted.... my local lads had a minter... 500 hours... full loaded and cheaper than Hattie... I do wish they'd do a 50k in the 5400's mind you... that's all I miss at the moment...

They tell me that the 5480 is really a 6200 backend evidently... I'm not too hot on those myself... were they any good ???

i drove a 6270 for 3 years, back ends ok but i did snap a cross shaft! that was due to the flail mower been to big, it needed to be on brackets really, other than that it was ok lift wise ect ;)

I see... thanks Mike....

She lifts like a rocket ship... too fast really.. not sure if you can slow it down either  :-\

on the right hand side in cab at back the 3 wee knobs, i think one of them should alter it.. Not 100% tho  :-\

Nar.. that's the drop rate, draft/position and lift height I believe... I'll have to read the book and see - I guess it must be adjustable somehow...

with it being 110ltr/min and load sensing it sees a command to raise as requiring maximum flow I believe... hence the rapid movement  :-\

I go off for a few minutes and you have sold Frankie!!! She was born on my birthday you know! :'(

Hattie looks superb though. I have a feeling we really need to visit Cambridgeshire again!!