The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ag tyres do not like road work, they are designed to grip and self clean on soil. First thing to do is get the front tyres turned around, that will reduce wear, they won't clean as well but your not really using the tractor in muddy conditions. With the cleats in the other direction grip is also increased. Longer term you should get those industrial tyres. Don't forget to get the correct ratio between front and rears to eliminate drive line problems. Good idea to change before fully worn and refit for trading in, no farmer will want a tractor on industrial tyres.

I think they have enough tread for what I need... with 4wd I think it would give ample traction for loading and hauling a trailer on dry fields  :-\

Are you having a laugh?That THING couldn`t do any of those things when it was standard not a mind when your putting carwheels on it

only messing

only messing ACTUALLY NO I`M NOT

ive mitchelin tyres all round and i must say they are wearing well, previous owner puts them on all his new and secondhand tractors, front left has worn badly but thats due to the tracking, its on with been sorted. after simular hrs we have both done markey im guessing ya tires are pants, my back ones havent used a bit in the hrs ive done.

• 2 weeks later...

right then.... those of you who have kept up with the trials and tribulations of Markie and his equipment fetish will know that I bought a secondhand Griffiths dump trailer a while back which I have become increasingly cheesed off with.  I've spent a good few thousand quid making it 'usable' but at the end of the day, my favourite expression is rather apt here "you just can't polish a turd'  ::)

So... I did a huge amount of research..

BRING BRING

"Hello"

"Hello mate... are you the trailer man on the front of the farmers trader"

"Aye.. that's us alright"

"Yeah.. I was just doing a bit of 'bogside reading' and I see you do dumpers"

"Aye... we do that"

"What's the quality like... they look well built in the picture"

"Aye... they are great.. you can find them on our website"

"Never mind the website... How much is a 14 tonner then"

(says the price)

"Is that your best price ? and how much for delivery ?"

"Aye.. that's my best price but that includes delivery to your door"

"Have you got one in stock"

"Aye... we have one in the yard"

"ok then... I'll take it - here's my card details  :-[  "

So... in short... out with the crappy old Griffiths that feels like it is going to split in half when I tip it.. and sways like it's going to go over every time it's lifted... in with...

drum roll.....

DSCN0419.jpg

wait for it... wait for it.....

DSCN0418.jpg

bogside reading indeed, can just see you saying that to the guy on the phone, well going from those pics, she does look well built, colours good to , make life a lot easier on the soil and sand stuff now, seeing as thats what its built for

bogside reading indeed, can just see you saying that to the guy on the phone, well going from those pictures, she does look well built, colours good to , make life a lot easier on the soil and sand stuff now, seeing as thats what its built for

Needless to say I have taken the farmers trader out of the loo now  >:(:-[:D :D

As for you young Jack... close... but no cigar.. go again  ;):P

no correct guesses yet Mr Mullen and Mr Derwent  ;)

I'm going to take the old Griffiths trailer to Cheffins tomorrow.. hopefully it won't be back  ;D  ... just a modest reserve to get rid of it

Next sale is not for a while I thought - 10 days time?

As for the trailer - Agrimac?