The Adventures of Marky and HATTIE the MF5480 - born 18th July 2009

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are Chris... my problem is that most of my work is road work... I wish I'd gone for them in the first place really.  My fronts are over 50% worn in just 800 hours  :of  ... I'm planing ot keep my 'part-worns' so I can reinstate them when it comes to chop her in for a newer model  :-\

With a 50k box and CVT and cab suspension and... no... that will do for now  ;D:D :D

I do enjoy reading this thread.. ;)

still no oil leaks to report I take it or are you just hiding this info... ;)

Doesn't seem to be many hours use on the tyres for all that wear... Marky ?? or is that about par for all that road use ?

Or did Stevey finish them off last week whizzing and burning rubber round your yard last week  ;D

They are Chris... my problem is that most of my work is road work... I wish I'd gone for them in the first place really.  My fronts are over 50% worn in just 800 hours  :of  ... I'm planing ot keep my 'part-worns' so I can reinstate them when it comes to chop her in for a newer model  :-\

With a 50k box and CVT and cab suspension and... no... that will do for now  ;D:D :D

Good Lad, You've seen the light!  ;D ;D ;D

Would be a safer option I would think ;D ;D

What are you trying to suggest her Mr Pookshank  >:(:P:-[

is  the loader coming off for this years carting or not marky? ???

Oh yes... it's a pain in the bum to keep lifting it up at road junctions and the front lights are nowhere near as effective with the loader beams in the way

Good Lad, You've seen the light!  ;D ;D ;D

Oh indeedy... if only my wallet would stretch that far... sadly I'll probably remain in the 40k club for a while yet  :'( :-\

I do enjoy reading this thread.. ;)

still no oil leaks to report I take it or are you just hiding this info... ;)

Doesn't seem to be many hours use on the tyres for all that wear... Marky ?? or is that about par for all that road use ?

Or did Stevey finish them off last week whizzing and burning rubber round your yard last week  ;D

No oil leaks mate you'll be pleased to hear.. one spot on the warehouse floor about the size of a 50p where the spool drips oil when we take the connectors in and out... and that's all.  I think.. and this is purely my theory... that front suspension is hard on tyres really mate... but in answer to your question - I'd have liked a little more hours from 50% of wear really  :-\ but I am asking a lot as they are field tyres at the end of the day and designed for very occasional road travel too and from I guess  :-\

Well loaders can be dangerous sticky out things and if trailer work you probably be reversing in tight places and well when looking to rear assuming you don't use wing mirror you have to be careful the loader dont hit things ;)

that is quite sharp, but then you r loader wouldnt be helping matters i suppose.

i wouldnt be surpirsed if we seen a 7480 topic with your name on it in a few years  ::)  and good on ya if you can  ;)  i would if i could

that is quite sharp, but then you r loader wouldnt be helping matters i suppose.

i wouldnt be surpirsed if we seen a 7480 topic with your name on it in a few years  ::)  and good on ya if you can  ;)  i would if i could

I guess that's very true Chris... and I've usually got the bucket on as well.  As for a 7480.. Sadly I can only ever dream of owning one I think mate  :'(

Well loaders can be dangerous sticky out things and if trailer work you probably be reversing in tight places and well when looking to rear assuming you don't use wing mirror you have to be careful the loader dont hit things ;)

Very true Bill E Baby... I'm a 'crane the neck' man when it comes to reversing mostly in all honesty... just the off glimpse in the mirror to check the visible side

I guess that's very true Chris... and I've usually got the bucket on as well.  As for a 7480.. Sadly I can only ever dream of owning one I think mate  :'(

Very true Bill E Baby... I'm a 'crane the neck' man when it comes to reversing mostly in all honesty... just the off glimpse in the mirror to check the visible side

i find lifting the trailer up a bit helps so you can see under and through the bottom

yeah you can do marky, doesnt need to be to high, just gives you the gap between the chassis and body, its a 14 tonner so the elevation wont need to be that much, i used that method on our marston 8 tonner, even when fully loaded up, although i could also back up using the mirrors and my uncle stood waiting to put his hand up,

Oh Marcus... I bet it's one of those DOH moments... much like the one I had yesterday when I went to pull away from a !t bag I had just filled with compost... only to discover that I only unhooked 3 out of the 4 lifting loops  :'(    :-[  .. there's a blooming lot of shovels full when you have to pick them up again  :-[:D :D

Will have to get a set of Nokian TRI 2's next - far better for roadwork.

I'm niot sure what a TRI 2 is Steve... but I've got a set of Nokian tyres on order.. they should be here by the end of the month... not cheap... but they say I won't need another set in a hurry

thanks Steve... I think (and hope) that's what I have coming... not cheap... but worth it so they tell me..

Anyway... for those of you who have watched my various hair-brained ideas 'evolve' I thought I'd provide a quick catch up.. I penned some notes on my new bunds yeaterday... here they are... all three together...

DSC_1506.jpg

I'm mixing up my soil and composts to make 'Marky's marvelous mulch mix' which is proving to be a big hit I am pleased to say...

About 12t in here... mixed and ready to go

DSC_1507.jpg

DSC_1525.jpg

I've had this bagger modified to fit my wide bucket now too... one level bucket is a cube (cubic metre) basically... still some modifications to do on it... so a work in progress...

DSC_1508.jpg

I've also started selling retail bags directly to the general public too... having recently supplied a man with soil to put in these bags I tought it a nice touch to do some 'residual trading'

DSC_1528.jpg

Plastic & cardboard baling is going well.... too well actually as poor old Lumpy has a fair old chunk to bale when he gets back from his holidays  :of:D :D :D  .... excuse the mess  :-[

DSC_1512.jpg

Oh... and the new trailer is doing well... but needs a good clean too  :-[

DSC_1524.jpg

The Bailey is still on the peeling line and doing well....

DSC_1532.jpg

Any questions fire away.... but I thought one or two of you may like a quick update