A bit of work in Essex

Smithy140

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a nice straight looking trailer... I used one like that (14t) for Harvest this year.... was a nice trailer to use I must say.. thanks for sharing

It would need to be straight sain as it bl00dy new!!

Are those tyre marks on the front chassis + body?? if so longer drawbar required!!

It would need to be straight sain as it bl00dy new!!

Are those tyre marks on the front chassis + body?? if so longer drawbar required!!

Yeah they are Ricky. we reckon it was where the previous owner had a big tractor on it cause we had it on the 6510 and it was fine just wont be able to go on the maxxum because of its big backside  ;)

Oh and yeah its 1987 model just to clear that up  ;):)

• 3 weeks later...

Well a change of scenery for me in the next 2 weeks. Am on work experience with anothe rlocal farm and thought I'd better get a few pics for you lot. Unfortunatley they are in the snow but here goes :laugh:

Firstly their old 6610 they use for running about jobs

Image000.jpg

secondly the poor looking cab of the other old ford being a 7610. Wouldnt want to drive it in this weather

Image006.jpg

Thirdly 1 of 2 JD 6630's complete with new tyres. The other one of the 2 just 5 hours short of 4000!! Bearing in mind they are only 3 years old!

Image003.jpg

Lastly the old JD 8400t looking sorry for itself doing what most crawlers do through the winter, that being sitting around doing nothing  :laugh:  ::) 

Image002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well just a couple of pics to add. We were muck carting from the Pig farm last week so here is what I was driving. Just to correct they have over 3000 pigs instead of what i thought was 1000. Also the farmer said I may be able to go back and help him with his hay in the time between me finishing my GCSE's and harvest starting at home  ;D Anyway I had the pleasure of driving a JD 6630 and mcormick MC115

Image016.jpg

Image015.jpg

nice tractors you got to drive there will i can't wait for my work experience in april i'm off to a dairy farm

Thanks masseyjack, had a really good time and I dare say you will too, its 100's times better than school  ;D

the 6630 looks to have very small fronts sure it wasn't a 6530?

Nope definatley a 6630 Ricky, both of their 6630's have short dumpy wheels, no idea why, guess it was just the tyre option they chose

• 2 months later...

Well long time no posts, so I thought I would let you know whats happened round here lately. Firstly dads bought me a new tractor, a case MX120, pictures will be up when it comes. We have applied our first dose of nitrogen and P and K. The new sprayer has been run in and goes well. Also I will be taking my tractor test in the easter holidays so fingers crossed that goes well too!

• 3 weeks later...

Well here it is, my new tractor, it now has new tires, and I've done some painting on it and shined it up with the polish, not finished yet thought, still got tod paint the rims, sort a couple of electrical problems out and she will be sorted  ;D  Anyway enough of me talking, here she is in all her glory, and making that green thing look small  :P

15042010025.jpg

15042010024.jpg

P.S. i will get more pictures as i complete the tractor  ;)

oooo nice  :P  i had the pleasure of carting maize with a mx 135 back octorber time pulling a 14t trailer  :P  nd i found she sounded nicer if you dipped the clutch every time you go up the split  ;)  o and keep the right window open at all times  ;D  sooo to hear that luvvvly cumins purring  :P  i cant wait nw im off on wrok placement in 2 weeks ,contracting  :)  they got like 30 odd tractors and 3 foragers  :P  cant wait haha  :)