Lakeland Model Farm & Construction Show

JCB BLOKE

The Lakeland Model Farm & Construction Show is on Sunday 22nd November 2009, and it's a great day out! It is held at the Rheged Centre, Penrith, Cumbria, and organised by Harold Powlton http://www.rheged.com/ Just 2 minutes from junction 40 M6

The show will have at least 17 model dispays, covering farm, contruction and quarrying plus various themed collections from John Deere to road construction equipment in the 50's and 60's. There will also be 16 trade stands. I will update this topic later when I have a definite list of traders from Harold.

The centre itself is a brilliant place to go on a cold wet Sunday in November because it is entirely inside - underground actually - it is built into the hillside. Entry to the centre is free, as is the ample parking, and entry to the model show is just £4 (free for the under 12's) with all proceeds going to Kidney Research UK.

This show really is one for all the family as there are shops and a cafe in the centre, so a bit of Christmas shopping could be done as well - which might just keep those not so interested in models happy for a while, whilst us like-minded people are engrossed in the displays etc.

Harold has asked us to post this topic on his behalf, as it really is in a good cause.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have wanted to attend for the last couple of years and as yet, havn't. This year has been slow for me model wise what with the house purchase meaning the start and ongoing restoration. I'll not be doing much different at Toytrac that I did for Spalding. Whether that will stretch to Lakeland aswell I don't know yet :(

There is a travelodge within 1/2 mile of venue just off M6 junction 40 A66 towards Keswick, I know a few of the dealers use it. Several good bed and breakfasts in town if you want a few names give me a shout but would book as we are on coast to coast cycle route and can be busy even in November.  North Lakes hotel is a great 4* but expensive. Also in town is George hotel not sure about prices.  There is also Westmorland Hotel at Tebay sevices if you are coming from South about 20 minutes from Penrith. 

David

If you going from mid Cheshire it will take about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I can get there in about an hour and a half from Warrington, took me 3 hours to get to Spalding so a lot closer  :) :)