Harvest in South Lincolnshire

tractorman314

I have been out today for the first time this year to get some some pictures from 2010 harvest,it has only just started around here with only a small amount of barley grown but starting to get into the OSR, so hopefully will get out more this next few weeks and start snapping.

First up 2 lexions in same field, 1 was being attended to by service engineer,it is the 1 in the picture with no model no on,which seems a bit strange to me. Any thoughts as too which model itwould be.

101_0279.jpg

101_0280.jpg

101_0284.jpg

101_0285.jpg

101_0286.jpg

101_0287.jpg

tractorman314.

Edited by tractorman314

it doesnt seem as big as the 600 beside it, grain tank looks smaller?? but that may just be a diversion ??? may just be its a ex sainsburys one, decals removed and awaiting new ones,the whole side was a orange decal ,could expalin it??  they had them on the jimmys farm prog was it a while back

The APS is a technological feature on later Lexions I believe. If it is the prototype 680 then will be smaller than the 600 as the 680 will be the 580's replacement. The 600 is due to be succeeded by a 700 as I believe... making more use of the available spacefor threshing by being spec'd with tracks.

Nice photos, looks like a pretty damn big field they're in!  :of

APS was first fitted to the bigger Dominators, its the name Claas gave to the pegged accelarator cylinder in front of the main threshing drum to speed up crop flow through the machine and increase output in the process. Not sure what the hybrid bit is though as I've been away from Lexions for a few years now. I do know that there are a few test machines about this year though

If you look at the cab of the unmarked Lexion you can see it has a different roof on it to the existing models so I think you may well have captured one of the test machines here

APS was first fitted to the bigger Dominators, its the name Claas gave to the pegged accelarator cylinder in front of the main threshing drum to speed up crop flow through the machine and increase output in the process. Not sure what the hybrid bit is though as I've been away from Lexions for a few years now. I do know that there are a few test machines about this year though

If you look at the cab of the unmarked Lexion you can see it has a different roof on it to the existing models so I think you may well have captured one of the test machines here

according to a person who im in regular contact at claas was only willing to say maybe there are test machines out,so that means that there are protos out there somewhere,if that one is a replacement for the 600 series who knows

Not sure what the hybrid bit is...

Hi guys

The Claas Hybrid System is the APS-then-Concave-then-Rotary separation system, as used on the 570, 580 and 600 Lexions.

I've seen photos of the Lexion 630 prototype on the 'net, but if this one is labelled as a hybrid then either this is a rotary combine or Claas are trying to throw people off the scent.

Either way, all *very* interesting!  :)

/malc.

• 11 months later...

Saw the first cut fields around here yesterday, and dust flying about in the distance when driving last Sunday but still not seen a machine working yet. I did see a new Massey Freguson 9??? DELTA being driven north on the A1 today near Casterton and it looked as though it was being delivered to a local farm from Chandlers. So hoping to get out at weekend and find it performing.

tractorman314.

• 7 months later...

Josh.

Most of the pictures are taken around Corby Glen,Grimsthorpe, Ingollsby,Burton Coggles,Boothby Pagnell, Grantham, and Bourne AREA. I live in Corby Glen and we are surrounded by some large farms and estates, so thats why most of the machines are top end of their ranges, i would suspect , making plenty of money.

tractorman314.