1. 1.

• £ 500 to £ 600
    • £ 601 to £ 700
    • £ 701 to £ 800
    • £ 801 to £ 900
    • £ 901 to £ 1,000

wow thats a realy nice shed ther bill

just need to make some in 1/32 scale for the models now  :P

Now that is a brilliant idea. I could put my 1/32 Farmall A SCALEdown kit in it when finished ;) ;)

I would have no problem in scaling down to 1/32 but whether i could make a 1/32 shed I don't know. I suppose it could be done in balsa wood ??? ???  Not sure about the roof profile though ???

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must admit he is good at what he does it's just the time it takes him to do things that can be fustrating. Mind you he is 79 so I hope I'm still able to do what he can do assuming I reach that age :)

Thanks John it's getting there slowly but surely ;) ;)

You have hit the nail on the head to pardon the pun but you won't rush my dad...if I comment I usually get something like...Rome wasn't built in a day >:(

I even tried to speed him up by saying he will not get to Penrith until it is finished ;D ;D

Saturday 14th November 2009

Today well I had to leave dad to it and get on with some other more pressing jobs. Today he was fitting corners posts and dwangs at 4 foot high for fiting the lining sheets. These are only fitted not fixed just in case of any change of plans re lining sheets.

14112009001.jpg

14112009002.jpg

14112009003.jpg

14112009004.jpg

Sunday 15th November 2009

When we closed up the doors late Saturday afternoon they had swollen with all the wet so they would not close properly. It was getting colder and darker so undid the tower bolts and closed the two doors together and pushed the trailer against the doors with pieces of wood between then to save any damage to the doors.

I left dad to his own devices on Sunday (whilst I lifted dahlias and washed my car) but I have to say he didn't actully get much done ( or so I thought) but well well that is how things go at times.

15112009001.jpg

15112009002.jpg

Moving the top lock

15112009003.jpg

Door stripped

15112009004.jpg

Becasue the lock had to be shifted the key hole had to be enlarged too and the old brass escutcheon no longer had fixings. This can be rectified by building up thehole with some of David's P38 fibre glass filler but I'm put of stock at present. In the interim I gave him a larger plan black escutcheopn plate to tidy up the keyhole.

Now where is my gold paint ??? ???

15112009005.jpg

Well I didn't even bother to ask why not but he will have had his reason's I'm sure ;) ;) ...and well he does like to make jobs last ;D ;D

If he had planned teh other side he would still have had to remove the metal retainers for the lock latch.

I will actually ask him the reason ???

comeing on nicely the bill shame about the expanding bit

why didnt your dad trim the other door (no locks to move)

You will always get expansion in the wet and then contraction in the warmth so there is a 99% chance I will have to put a 1 inch wide aluminum strip over the join at a later date as I have done for my other three sheds in "shed row"

Well what's left to do flash 600

• Fit dwangs to top of sides to hold roof lining sheets
  • Get concrete pad cemented betwwen slabs where existing temporary shed is and then dismantle the existing structure
  • Once concrete dry roll the new shed into place with small pipe rollers under the main bearers
  • Run in wire for 4 double sockets or may be even 6
  • Fit expanded poly on sides and gable as insulation
  • Fit 6mm MDF lining boards on sides gable and roof
  • Get my homer sparky to do the wiring. I will fit sockets and run in gables etc but I always prefer a qualified person to do the final fix.
  • Dig out and run in a power cable from shed row
  • Fit gutters
  • Paint the MDF board with white emulsion
  • Fit three tier shelves around sides and gables for a mini museum collection

Will I get this all done before the end of the year...well I hope so but time is flying past and I'm off down to the Lakeland model show in Penrith so that rules out Saturday to Monday. I'm looking forward to it and it will be a nice break and a chance to meet up with some fellow members on here.

It will be nice to get away from the shed build and a weekend away at the Lakeland show in Penrith. It is a growing show and there are quite a lot of FTF members going so as you say its nice to meet up with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well two weeks since any progress on the shed but back to it again.

Saturday 28th November 2009

Off with the black escutcheon and back on with the brass one. Dad had come over during the week to fill up part of the larger keyhole.

28112009003.jpg

Now some more brass bits added the cabin hooks to hold open the doors

28112009001.jpg

28112009002.jpg

Now with all the wind and rain some water had been forced through knot holes. Will brown flexi silicon them outside when weather dries up a bit but in the interim put some of that David's glass wool and resin patches on the inside.

28112009004.jpg

28112009005.jpg

28112009006.jpg

Sunday 29 th November 2009

A cold start to the day at 9am after earlier rain but at least I was able to get on with an inside job between garage and new tractor shed.

Today it was fitting the electrical sockets and pulling in the wires. I don't do the wiring because I leave that to a qualified electrician but I do the donkey work and fit the sockets and pull in the wires.

I could probably do it ok but i don't want to call a"homer" electrician out only to connect up to the other shed where the power will come from.

Today my dad was the "loon" ( apprentice ) and I was in charge (journey man ) and I told him what to do ;) ;)

Remarkably there were not as many arguments as normal when its is vice versa ;D ;D

Archived