What is the total build cost of shed to date to the nearest £  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• £ 500 to £ 600
    • £ 601 to £ 700
    • £ 701 to £ 800
    • £ 801 to £ 900
    • £ 901 to £ 1,000

Well this is a far as we got yesterday...behind my plan schedule but when I say anything like that to dad I usually get a comment like......Rome wasn't built in a day  ;) ;)

Anyway here is where we got to 2 weather boards short of the front door

12092009009-1.jpg

12092009011.jpg

12092009012.jpg

12092009013.jpg

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday 13th September and a lot of drizzle going around so not much done today.Only really one board above the door leaving the final one to go on before we can screw down the final roof board then stick the felt down.

12092009014.jpg

12092009015.jpg

13092009001.jpg

13092009002.jpg

very nice work there bil and bills dad

was looking through this topic last night and was proply told by the wife looking over my shoulder

no i couldnt have a nother shed full stop  ;)::):o:P:-*

but yours looks brill might have to hide one somewhere in the garden or wait till she goesto here mums for a week :P :P :P :P :P;)

Thanks 1/32 farmer but I think that will be the last one I'll be able to fit in without any neighbours complaining ;) ;)

Talking of the old orange Black and decker drills yesterday the saw attachment on the one I bought was in fact blue.

13092009004.jpg

I suppose I had better reassemble my old original one....I mean you never know some of the parts may come in handy one day ;) ;) ;)

13092009003.jpg

Monday 14th September

First job is to sand the endwood on the ends of the weatherboarding before dusting off with the airline and applying the first coat of Butinox stain.

14092009001.jpg

I like to have screws sitting vertically ;) ;)

14092009002.jpg

There is a 1 inch gap of the lintel showing so the door will close into this

14092009003.jpg

Long board is the last one for the top and the rest is waste from the project

14092009004.jpg

In terms of framing have 3 left but these were the cast asides since a bit bent or twisted. Will still make use of for side wall dwangs and corner posts for fitting of the lining inside the shed

14092009005.jpg

First coat of butinox now completed.

14092009006.jpg

2nd coat of Butinox now on rear gale

14092009007.jpg

2nd coat on half of low side

14092009008.jpg

2 nd coat on low side complete

14092009009.jpg

1st coat on last board to be fitted at the front door

14092009010.jpg

Well lunchtime and thats enough done to the shed for today

14092009011.jpg

Thursday 17 September 2009

Day off today so second coat of Butinox stain on the front. That's the whole shed had two coats of Butinox. A third one should be sufficient for this year.

17092009003.jpg

This bottom rail will be cut out later

17092009004.jpg

17092009005.jpg

The screw heads in same direction is a dad thing I suppose Mark and it has rubbed off on me ;)

As for living in it well I don't suppose there will be much room since although it was going to be a tractor shed for my unrestored Farmall Cub with mid mounted mower I have had a change of plan going through my head over the last week.

Well I have loads of various trinkets and old bits and bobs such as

Petrol cans

Oil cans

Implement seats

Old tins

Lanterns

Blow lamps

Glass batteries

Old locks and keys

Old hammers and chisels

An etch

Old craven *** packet

Old milk bottles

Generally a lot of old junk I have acquired or picked up over the years and all lurking in cupboards in the garage and even some of the biscuit tins and bottles in the loft.I worked as a relief milkman when I was on Summer holidays at University and that started the milk bottle collection.

Well now my plan is to have BC's own little shed museum.... now how sad is that ;)

What my plan now is to put say three tiered in with shelves round the two sides and rear gale to display all the bits and bobs and put my smallest restored tractor my 1951 American Farmall Cub in the middle because it is the narrowest one.

I got and old telephone yesterday but more on that later

he's more of an enema Bill I'd say  :D :D

He knows I love him really...... ish.....

Anyway.. sorry for OT'ing in your topic...  :-[  back on track Bill...

Will this shed be lined and heated ???

The intention is to line the shed the last one I did was with 6mm MDF and that horrible loft instultion stuff called fiber glass wool or something like that. This one thought I have thought of using thinner stuff to line the shed inside sic h as hardboard which comes in  8 foot x 4 sheets and is not that expensive and would give more room for the shelves and maybe maybe somethinhg like poly beads from G&M farm Models etc

he's more of an enema Bill I'd say  :D :D

He knows I love him really...... ish.....

Anyway.. sorry for OT'ing in your topic...  :-[  back on track Bill...

Will this shed be lined and heated ???

Yes Bill sorry for i started the whole thing  :-[:-[ Bloody Marky  :D :D :D

Archived