What is the total build cost of shed to date to the nearest £  

51 members have voted

1. 1.

• £ 500 to £ 600
    • £ 601 to £ 700
    • £ 701 to £ 800
    • £ 801 to £ 900
    • £ 901 to £ 1,000

Well now the rally season is over and the tattie's and begonias are up time to get back to the tractor shed project...yes it was first started in August 2009 and is still ongoing ;) ;)

Today dad was across and decided he would fit the LHS door stop and make a new one for the RHS  since the door needed altering after shifting the shed.

I rolled the Cub outside and covered her as well since I was scared of rain.

16102010001.jpg

16102010002.jpg

Cub back inside ...I need to get the electricity feed into the shed now "the nights are drawing in" ;D ;D

16102010003.jpg

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I decided I must start and get ready to run in power from the Farmall A shed so I can get my sparky to come and wire up the sockets etc.

First job was to remove attendance and prize certificates to gain access to behind the scenes in the Farmall A shed

17102010001.jpg

I now see I can bore a hole between the door post and the input power encased in black water pipe and use the conduit I found in stock under the Farmall A shed.  I can't remember where it came from but they say if you keep something long enough you will find a use for it ;D ;D

I will of course test it before I run it in but I'm sure it will be ok.

I will run the conduit from the A Shed across the 3 main bearers and then down into 40 mm Marley plumbing pipe which I will bury beneath the ground. Again I found all these pipes and fitting from stock in the garage. Some of these had been used for spray extracting when I used to use the garage for spraying before the spray booth shed was built.

Am a little short on pipe so I will have to buy another length from B&Q or another connector if cheaper since well I have one connector and smaller cuts of pipe.

17102010003.jpg

17102010004.jpg

17102010005.jpg

Finally giving the lifted chuckies and fabric stuff a wash in the barrow

17102010011.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I went to B&Q and got various bits and pieces need to finished my shed. Mostly guttering and accessories and a strip of aluminium to cover the gap between the two doors.

30102010001.jpg

Today I fitted the aluminium strip and I think it finishes off the doors nicely...same as the other three sheds with double door now ;) ;)

30102010002.jpg

• 5 months later...

It's been a while since I have studied my sheds close up

The Farmall A one needs a rub down and a stain

ST834361.jpg

But then again the American Farmall Cub shed needs that too

ST834364.jpg

ST834360.jpg

I will have to think about getting this one ready for the first show of the year which is on Sunday 1st May up in Forres in Morayshire.

ST834365.jpg

Quite cosy inside today

ST834366.jpg

Now I see some reaction coming through the wall...maybe it is creosote from knots in the wood :-\ :-\

ST834368.jpg

ST834369.jpg

I must remember to stain the door stops too.

ST834372.jpg

i think we will need at least??????? 6 more pictures of the "reaction" before we decide the cause bill, as a simple man i would say it looks like, in my non expert eye, "you and your old man bugger the roof fitting up and ya have a leak man" however extra pics may assist in a better diagnosis  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

ahhhh. the shed wasnt finished yet... with the good weather coming, you'd better make good use of it and get some painting done  ;)

and you can of course count on us weirdos to remind you of getting that cub ready for the coming shows  ;D

The weather at the back end and time have been against me will but not a lot left to do now. Must get another coat of butinox on the side though.

Thar reminds me I had better put the charger on the battery today to see what life there is still in it. Batteries which are not being discharged and recharged don't stand up well over time.

i think we will need at least? ??? ??? 6 more pictures of the "reaction" before we decide the cause bill, as a simple man i would say it looks like, in my non expert eye, "you and your old man bugger the roof fitting up and ya have a leak man" however extra pictures may assist in a better diagnosis  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

Well Sean I can't blame the old man for the roof since it was me which was up there fixing it down. I honestly don't think this is caused by water and it is the creosote. Will try and clean up with some Tesco's lemon cleaner.

I will monitor the corrective action specially for you ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I decided it was time to run in the armour cable and get power to the shed because the small trailer is in the way and needs to get back to its home on the chuckies at the side of the shed. After boring through the slab with two sizes of masonary drills and enlarging the hole witn cold cut chisels I decided against piping the armour in Marley waste pipe. There was no need to really and it was going to cause extra work for nothing really. All I need to do now is bury the armour cable and get the fabric and chuckies back down.

I did test the armour cable first just in case it had to be dug up again.

ST835396.jpg

ST835394.jpg

ST835395.jpg

ST835397.jpg

ST835398.jpg

ST835399.jpg

• 8 months later...

Well Wil the problem is I haven't had so much time on my hands since last June. Dad had a stomach aneurysm repair done then and then back in hospital in December with blood clotting on a leg. A lot of my free time is now helping him out now which I don't mind at all after all the help he has given me over the years. All the wires are in and all I need to do now is call in my sparky friend to do it. I could easily do it myself but when it comes to electrics I prefer leaving it to the professionals....each man to his own as they say.

Must get back and get that PM system working properly ;D ;D

On Sunday afternoon I decided I better have a look in the tractor shed and see how cold it was given the harsh frosts we had on Saturday and Sunday mornings.I was quite pleased to see the temperature inside had never dropped below zero. I think was was a wise decision to insulate the inside with 40mm "Quinn" thermal insulation board and then line the shed with 6mm MDF board. All in all £ 150 well spent I think.

ST839319.jpg

• 6 months later...

Almost 3 years on and I still have not finished my American Farmall Cub shed.....gutters, down pipe etc and wiring up still to do but hey ho..today I decided I would buy a ready made shed/storage unit...in plastic...the price was right and it filled in an rectangular piece of my garden that was going to waste ;D ;D ..this will be "shed number 6" excluding garage and greenhouse......thinking ahead where will I put No 7 ;D ;D

P1030031.jpg

P1030032.jpg

No prizes for guessing where I bought it but for less than £96 I could not have made one when you count up the cost of wood etc these days...mind you I hate to think what my old man will say about a plastic shed ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Today I assembled my new "small plastic shed" very easy to follow instruction and about 1 hour and 30 minutes and it was done. I think I'm going to lift that attempt at lock blocking many years ago and take it down to the level of the chuckies. In addition I have 3 spare 3x3 slabs which I will use under the shed. A job for later on in the year. Anyway in use already storing stuff that has been cluttering the garage and cold frame. I think it matches in quite well colour wise.

P1030290.jpg

P1030291.jpg

P1030292.jpg

P1030293.jpg

P1030294.jpg

P1030295.jpg

My next task for the day was to lift some tatties so I could cut the hedge in the back garden. I used the Keter base box and lid box to capture the cuttings. I filled most of the cuttings into cardboard boxes which models have come in and I disposed of the Keter shed cardboard boxes at the same time at the tip at Banchory. I was so impressed with the Keter shed I decided to go to Costco since I had the small trailer anyway and buy a 450 litre Keter storage deck box which was on offer and doubles as a garden seat. It is about 57 inches long x 27 inches wide and 24 inches high and was on offer for less than £54. Had it not been so wide it would have been an ideal storage box for rally stuff on my Ifor Williams trailer. Anyway another rectangular piece of garden covered in chuckies at the back which is shouting out for something to be placed upon it ;D ;D

P1030296.jpg

P1030297.jpg

P1030298.jpg

Well I assembled my Keter deck store shed today and again a quick and easy to follow instructions.

P1030308.jpg

P1030309.jpg

It would have been ideal for a rally box had it not been quite so long depth wise.

P1030310.jpg

I suppose I could have made a proper frame and put it higher and slightly over the fore door but would add wind resistance and would not keep files etc off tractor since that's about 40 inches from the floor of the trailer and the tractor nose would still stick 10 inches above that. It looks hideous on the wooden blocks but it was just a dummy run.

P1030311.jpg

P1030312.jpg

Anyway here is where it will reside and be used to store greenhouse seed trays and poly boxes and all such other garden stuff to tidy the back yard up a bit

P1030313.jpg

P1030314.jpg

I've been after one of those boxes for a while. That's the best colour I have seen one in Bill. It's a good match to my shed which is why I hadn't bothered with green and white ones previously.

Yes Andy they are quite nice and strong enough for two people to sit on as well. On offer this month at Costco for £ 53.98 including VAT. Time will tell how long they last but where I have positioned this be fairly shade from the sun...if me get much that is ;D ;D

• 11 months later...

Well I still haven't got the gutters up or power wired to the Farmall Cub shed that was started in 2009 but I really do need to get around to it. Anyway staying on the subject of sheds I emptied my middle shed yesterday to dig out my trailing plough. Two reasons there is a members only  fun day vintage ploughing match with the Deeside Steam and vintage club in October and it is only 1/4 of a mile along the road for me. Also I had to find space to store my late dads Conway camper since its a bit late in the seaon to try and get rid of it.

P1050525_zpsc98cc8c8.jpg

Now the Ransomes TS42-A trailing plough will fit in front of my Nuffield and my recently bequeathed nearly 14 year old Corsa which is not worth much but has sentimemtal value and will be a spare car. In addition if I keep it another 6 years I will be able to take it as a rally exhibit.

P1050526_zpsba991628.jpg

Of course it has to get some clutter around it

P1050527_zps3cd0ecfb.jpg

And then the car fits in nicely

P1050528_zps6b6e8b79.jpg

Now I have two spares pieces of machinery to find a home for since I need to get the A4 in. I may take the rotovator to a vintage sale next Saturday or it might fit in one of the Keter sheds. The old mower will be going to the scrappie along with other scrap I need to dispose of including a Ferguson TEF 20 gear box with broken 3rd gear cogs which no one wants for spares....so got to go

P1050529_zps4415c5d7.jpg

Archived