Agritechnica models 2009!

AJH

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is one great looking combine. Anyone know the difference between the Maxi and Classic Dominators?

Maxi and Classic were introduced towards the end of the production life of the '8 range'. Maxi had the larger grain tank, more hp, hydrostatic transmission and generally higher spec. Classic was the 'basic' model with manual trans. and smaller grain tank etc.

That 108 will definately be arriving in my collection :)

just imagine how much money you can safe by not going to Hanover ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

really, if you bring 1000 euros by example. it wont go very far, will it.

And how will anybody bring the haul home ? rent a cargo plane ?

My problem is I will just order them by mail and still spend to much money  :-[:-[ :-[>:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(

PDC told me I should look in here . . . I see what he means now! That's gorgeous that Dominator. A reasonably priced beauty. I hope a similar aged NH comes through one day soon.

Brian/all Claas experts, what are the visual differences between this and a 204? Would a decal change do it and if not, what would need to be done?

Just a matter of interest.....I spent about 2 hours trying to source the Dommy last night...how important is the show model or can people wait for the general release model  ???

I think that is going to depend on the difference between them, is it just the box or do the show models have some extra features :-\ :-\ . If there are extra bits on the show model then I would love one of them, if not, then I am prepared to wait until the general release comes out (it will also give me a chance to save up)

:D :D :D :D :D

Imbermodels mate part of Ros i believe

Heres the website:http://www.imbermodels.com/

Heres the thread on here:http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=27622.0

They are quite good arent they

not quite imber models are the people who have commisioned the model for sale along with the other 40 series in the future, but they are made by ros on behalf of imber, imbers owned by a member on here actually

Although the 108 and 204 look similar, unfortunately they are different sized machines. The 108 is wider (6 walkers as opposed to 5 in the 204 mega - amongst other things, this translates into different width for the feed elevator/grain tank and rear hood) - Also the 204 is slightly longer due to the extra drum (APS fitted in front of the main drum).

So for an accurate representation of a 204, sadly decals alone will not suffice  :-\ (a 208 would be more feasible - but length would still be an issue)

Having said that, the 108 looks a fantastic addition, & hopefully the first of a range of classic Claas combines from the 70's - 90's (and some from N-H)

JEP

PDC told me I should look in here . . . I see what he means now! That's gorgeous that Dominator. A reasonably priced beauty. I hope a similar aged NH comes through one day soon.

Brian/all Claas experts, what are the visual differences between this and a 204? Would a decal change do it and if not, what would need to be done?

Although the 108 and 204 look similar, unfortunately they are different sized machines. The 108 is wider (6 walkers as opposed to 5 in the 204 mega - amongst other things, this translates into different width for the feed elevator/grain tank and rear hood) - Also the 204 is slightly longer due to the extra drum (APS fitted in front of the main drum).

So for an accurate representation of a 204, sadly decals alone will not suffice  :-\ (a 208 would be more feasible - but length would still be an issue)

Having said that, the 108 looks a fantastic addition, & hopefully the first of a range of classic Claas combines from the 70's - 90's (and some from N-H)

JEP

As Jep said Tris, the extra length needs to be between the cab and grain tank. In a 208 you can walk between the cab and engine, in a 108 you can maybe get your hand in.

The 108sl maxi in this livery came out in 1991 we had one on our patch exactly like this with 17ft header(except only four cab roof lights ;) ) most users my way went for the larger engined 118sl with its 20ft header and most of these swapped quickly to the 218mega in 92/93.  As the mega was physically identical to the maxi (outside any way) except for stickers you shouldnt be surprised if a 208 with 17ft header materialises sometime next year ::)

As Jep said Tris, the extra length needs to be between the cab and grain tank. In a 208 you can walk between the cab and engine, in a 108 you can maybe get your hand in.

Thanks Brian and JEP, I will be having one either way but in me ever expanding search of machinery I have driven or worked with replicated in 1/32 I can only hope for a 204 in the future.  :)