yesterdays farming 22/23-8-09 WITH PICTURES

MJB1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you lucky sod  :o - what a day mate...

Some cracking photographs as well... of some nice and varied kit. I'll have to make the trip down next year I reckon.

I just love those MF400 shots as well.. you are one lucky fella for sure Marcus

well it's a two day event mate , so best get next year booked to bring the 240 down for the weekend ! wasn't a 240 there actually  :o & bring a plough or cultivator for some play about groundwork , you can do as much or as little as you want !

well fiddle my sticks me and sharon had the weekend in somerset would have gone there ,great pictures lots going on by the looks ,nice load on the trailer i bet you loved it ;)

brilliant weekend graham . loved it all !

errrr when did jez pop over and have a drive on her then marcus :D :D thats his hat aint it

so was it as much fun as it looks then?? wont get to many offers like that will you mate

i pinched jez's hat to get some red wear into it , he may not be quite so daft then !

not fun sean it was serious ! serious fun that is  :)

Seeing you in that hat Marcus makes me realise how good I looked in it  -  MUM

Can't log on in my own name as Thomas is permanently logged in on my laptop :(

Good weekend wasn't it :) :) :)

got to dunk some cookies or something i think  was a good weekend wasnt it , got a few more pics to post as well !

Thanks for all the pics - Fine tractor show by the look of things Marcus, wouldn't mind going myself.

Good shots of you working with the combine.

Nice TW35 there, did it do any work? oh and the TW15,7810,JD4240,MF550.......etc,etc all good stuff :)

Thanks for all the pictures - Fine tractor show by the look of things Marcus, wouldn't mind going myself.

Good shots of you working with the combine.

Nice TW35 there, did it do any work? oh and the TW15,7810,JD4240,MF550.......etc,etc all good stuff :)

well if you can get a caravan up as well as the tractor mark , it seems to be a good weekend , as the bar stays open for the evening,for the resident exhibitors & mum says they could hear singing from across the village , so i think a bit of karaoke was going on as well !

the TW35 was static on Saturday but i did see it down in the stubble fields on the sunday ripping up the tramlines & i think the owner also took the 5020 off the plough & had a few hours with the 4240......................which was nice  :D

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Tw15,Tw35,7810 :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

7810 ? theres no accounting for taste  :D  there was also a 7610 in just a good condition , but didn't see that till the Saturday evening really

well went again on the sunday & within half an hour , i was approached by the the combine & threshermen if i was available to haul a load again  ;D but i said i'd only do the 1 laod which was fine as it was only the combines they were worried about , any way rob & i took a few more pics of what was about ,

yesterdaysfarming23-8-091Small.jpg

yesterdaysfarming23-8-0927Small.jpg

yesterdaysfarming23-8-0935Small.jpg

yesterdaysfarming23-8-0938Small.jpg

yesterdaysfarming23-8-0937Small.jpg

yesterdaysfarming23-8-09Small.jpg

Nice but where is a the Volvo's Marcus  ???::) ::)::)  ;D

sorry peter , severe lack of volvo's mate , matter of fact there were quite a few classics missing from the day, apart from my 168 there was only one other 8 series massey a 148, 1 590 no 240's lots of red DB's but little in the way of white ones i think ford , massey  & DB were well represented otherwise .

last few now

one of the threshing units

yesterdaysfarming23-8-0946Small.jpg

they were using a ford 4610 to run an international baler but had an MF one the day before

yesterdaysfarming23-8-0941Small.jpg

400 unloading it's last tank

yesterdaysfarming23-8-0948Small.jpg

as is the 31

yesterdaysfarming23-8-0953Small.jpg

off i go with my 4th & last load of the season  :)

yesterdaysfarming23-8-0961Small.jpg

super pictures. looks like a fab weekend had by all.

the first picture of your tractor on stand is next to my grandads!

I would of gone as i do every year, but i was on a 36hr plane journey home from New Zealand.

Nice to see Sunshine at the show for once!

super pictures. looks like a fab weekend had by all.

the first picture of your tractor on stand is next to my grandads!

I would of gone as i do every year, but i was on a 36hr plane journey home from New Zealand.

Nice to see Sunshine at the show for once!

NZ ? fair old trek that is

didn't meet him  as people were coming & going all the time , even if it was raining the atmosphere is still good, last few years i went it rained but haven't been the last two shows ,always a good turnout though .

i think dillington might be  holding it next year as well

blimey much closer & we'd have walked into each other  :D

you got a pic of ivor on his own on the deere , i turned up just as he was letting his friend have go, your pic can only have been a few minutes before i took mine !

as you looked at the ploughing field from the showground , the horses were in the field to the right  the combines & threshers were over to the left , past the main ring , then past the landrovers, past the steamsaws & loggers , then into the next field .

if you got any more pics please post them up

Might have to pencil this one in for next year Marcus ( already suggested it might make for decent long weekend away for my parents), it looks like an absolutely brilliant event some superb exhibits both working and static. That's one mighty fine tractor you own too looks very smart alongside the combines, thanks for sharing the photographs. :)

NZ ? fair old trek that is

didn't meet him  as people were coming & going all the time , even if it was raining the atmosphere is still good, last few years i went it rained but haven't been the last two shows ,always a good turnout though .

i think dillington might be  holding it next year as well

Yeah i think it will be again. I'll ask my grandad, hes the president of the club so he should know!

The most interesting item on display, to me ;)

War surplus wheels and tyres and a frugal use of steel for chassis, axle and fittings as necessary

IMG_20090822_5372.jpg

IMG_20090822_5379.jpg

IMG_20090822_5384.jpg

Who would bother lining out like this now? Nice to see it still has its handraulic screw tipping gear handle

IMG_20090822_5383.jpg

Must have been hard work winding this up.........and down I suppose :o

IMG_20090822_5381.jpg

Three registration numbers on this trailer and more of that lovely lining out

IMG_20090822_5376.jpg