SIMON'S MF 699

SIMON.

nice buy simon . looks sound enough , but looks like time is running out for the o/s door at the bottom , make a good trimmer tractor !

would make a nice picture together with your friends 2wd 699, 698T & 690  what is it about 2wd 600 series you & your mates got ?

35 mph ? either someones done some fidling in the gearbox or it was a 'never went anywhere' export tractor

wether it's right or not DB & MF could fit high speed boxes for export tractors  never known an MF but a friend has a 2wd 1690 that will steam on at 35-40 mph.

how old is it simon ? B ? C reg ? i'd guess it's an early one as it has the short front side pannels , they were released later with the slightly deeper & grilled ones like the 4wd used to have.  i'm now JD with envy , you got to take it to next years yestedays farming , apart from you hitting the bar hard , i'll get to have a go on it  :D

Cheers boys she seems ok and was a cheap buy to be honset but as Marcus says she needs some cosmetic work on the door and one of the wings  ;) someone has changed the Gog or reversed it in the backend and put reducers in there to get the speed up  ;) that's what the bloke we brought it off said infact my mate that went to pick it up said he'd give us a £1500 profit on it  :o :o

marcus give me a shout you can come drive it anytime  ;) ;) :-*:-*

Cheers boys she seems ok and was a cheap buy to be honset but as Marcus says she needs some cosmetic work on the door and one of the wings  ;) someone has changed the Gog or reversed it in the backend and put reducers in there to get the speed up  ;) that's what the bloke we brought it off said infact my mate that went to pick it up said he'd give us a £1500 profit on it  :o :o

marcus give me a shout you can come drive it anytime  ;) ;) :-*:-*

thanks simon, may just take you up on that one weekend  :)

i'll be happy as a pig in poo

nice we have a 698 at home goes quite quick too not as fast as that though wonder if the diff has been done at some point as the gearing may be messed up allowing you the faster speed is the floor ok at the doors under the mat and rear cab mountings at axle are well known rot points but you probably already know this is it a multipower or a spliter box

• 5 months later...

did you get bigger ones? she'd do 40mph then  ;) lad i used to work with had a 699 with road tyers and good god it was more then fast 37-40mph ish but stoping wasent grate... 16year old = not going to go slow :Pand many a loooonnngg skid mark :P::)

On the road or in your underwear :of::);D ;D ;D ;D